Family tragedy inspires Idris

Status
Not open for further replies.

will.i.am

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
May 1, 2010
JAMAL IDRIS last night revealed the family heartache behind his thunderous battle with Timana Tahu at ANZ Stadium.

Asked to pinpoint the reason for his purple patch of form in recent weeks, Idris said: ''My dad has come back from Africa. Both my parents were at the game.

''Dad has been away for two or three months. He only got back a couple of weeks ago. It was in the back of my mind before that I'd be playing but my dad was in Africa. I hope he's proud of me. It was good to have him in the grandstand.

''He was just over there in Africa to see family. My grandpa died recently. He'd been very sick but my dad went over there to see him, and at least he got to see him before he died.''

Idris and Tahu were at each other's throats all night. At one stage the Dogs centre went to high-five Tahu but his Eels rival snarled, turned his back and stormed away. ''I tried to get him to give me a high-five but he left me hangin','' Idris said.

''We're good mates, but on the field, mates are nothing. We just got stuck into each other.

''I'll probably prank call him a couple of times now just to annoy him. He wouldn't give me a high-five. I was hoping no one saw that but obviously everyone did. I said, 'Come on, brother, high-five me.' And he just looked at me and walked off. He gave me a hug after the game, so it's all right.''

Will Swanton

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/family-tragedy-inspires-idris-20100430-tzkz.html

W

waveraider

Keep going young fella, you are the shining light in an under performing football team.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
LOL it looked more like a "talk to the hand' to me.

Either way, Idris >>>>>> Tahu

He put him on show last night, and that's why he wouldnt high five him lol

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
Feel-good story. I like it.

On ya Jama. :grinning:

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
He's the biggest Human Being I've ever seen. :grinning:

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
gotta love Jamal, he is really playing some good footy of late and he will only get better. his barn storming runs of late and the way he is fending off players has got me pumped about this kid, not to mention some of the hits his been putting on. loved seeing him own Tahu last night, he def passed that challenge.
i just wish we would give him the ball more when he's got a bit of a run up, specially 10 meters out from the try line. keep it up big man!!!!

p.s loved the bit of on field trash talking/gestures going on in the battle with Tahu!!!

roberts_95

dogs armie
Reaction score
Sad story.least he has gained some
form.he is a real talented player.hope he continues playin well

Status
Not open for further replies.