Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Referee Steve Clark apologises to Jamal Idris over disallowed try

* By Josh Massoud and James Phelps
* March 19, 2010 12:00AM

IT'S taken almost a year, but video referee Steve Clark has personally apologised to Canterbury for his stuff-up that cost the Bulldogs the 2009 minor premiership.

Ahead of tonight's hotly anticipated rematch against St George Illawarra, we can reveal Clark rang Bulldogs coach Kevin Moore three weeks ago to clear the air after incorrectly denying Canterbury's match-winner seconds from fulltime in last year's Round 10 epic at Kogarah.

Clark left the NRL world in disbelief after ruling Dragons pivot Jamie Soward had been unfairly obstructed in the lead-up to Jamal Idris's touchdown. The controversy earned Clark the axe and Soward the unkind nickname of "The Milkman" among the Bulldogs army.

There had been no direct contact between Canterbury and Clark until three weeks ago, when the former whistleblower was training with other referees at the Bulldogs' new Wilson Park base in Silverwater.

Observers have told us there was no shortage of tension when Moore and Clark crossed paths, prompting the official to pick up the phone later in the day.

"To Steve's credit, he called Kevin to clear the air and make sure there were no hard feelings heading into the season," a well-placed source said. "And to Kevin's credit, he accepted what Steve had to say and agreed to move forward without any baggage."

The reconciliation, however, didn't stop Bulldogs officials and players from sweating on this round's video referee announcements. Lo and behold Clark was appointed to a game tonight - the Rabbitohs-Titans clash at ANZ Stadium.

****************************************************************​

Suckle upon my unmentionable apendage Dragon fans !!!

:roflol:

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
yeah that makes it alot better. he can shove his apology where the sun don't shine

d_eye

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thatr mistake cost us $100k.
So unless he comes up with that sort of money, he can shove that apology where the sun dont shine!

Munnuz 1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alot of Dragons fans over the past year, and other arrogant footy fans for that matter, have been saying on forums and me personally that the decision was the right one, even though the referee's boss and experts saw it as a wrong decision. I hope hearing it from Clark himself will shut them up.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its too late now you wanka, I might forgive you if you drop a case of Tooheys off, its one decision I will never forget, start using your eyes.

LebaneseBulldog

Bulldogs
Reaction score
Its to late you piece of sh1t

and the arrogant dragons fans that keep saying they beat u fairly shove it

die clark

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
moore should ask for the apology in writing

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
If I remember right, Bill Harrigan backed him up last year in the media and said he wouldve done the same thing ...

Guess where Harrigan is tonight???

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
If I remember right, Bill Harrigan backed him up last year in the media and said he wouldve done the same thing ...

Guess where Harrigan is tonight???
i think harrigan is doing used car ads now

but for some reason he still wears the referee uniform?

he must wear that everywhere tbh

luke

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
who gives a **** it was last year lets move forward not back

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Steve Clark, took you 1 god damn year to apologize?

Its a bit early...

TheMuffinMan

Waterboy
Reaction score
Still whinging about that? You should just worry about tonights game. Don't worry but, I'm sure there's a 100 excuses for tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.