Not open for further replies.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I agree with this mortimer and mateo would be better than chasing thurston.
Absolutely. I couldnt justify for any reason paying the same for 1 x JT as for BOTH of these players.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mortimer wasnt that great this year but he has the knack of being in the right place at the right time which is a definate good sign.
Do you think Parra will let him go?

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
tbh... id like to see how d.mortimer would go first in his 2nd season before we throw our money on to him.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
mortime as all have said needs to back up this year and prove himself again. he had a solid year though for 09 and is a good kid.

mateo needs the bank thrown at him and get him in a blue and white. he is a gun and will add ALOT that we lack to our team. i believe with mateo and one solid prop that can put some big shots on to replace hickey perhaps if he doesnt pull his weight and live to his potential this year and with bk or a solid halfback we will go ALONG way for many years to come if we keep this core!

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Dont want Mortimer, just because he is a Mortimer we should chase him at all costs?

richie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
by by stagg if mateo comes
he just has to know when to hold/throw the ball
but has plenty of potential

it wont be an easy signing
as alot of other teams would be after these 2 aswell so that always jacks up the price...

rand0m3r

Since 1994
Reaction score
there is still room for stagg as a tackling machine if mateo signs. but we will prolly farewell andrew ryan (who is well past it).

Jigga

Kennel Established
Reaction score
mortimer and mateo over JT for sure, it would be huge if we could pull it of, who would make room for who in the back row i'm not sure, you would think mateo is looking for a starting spot but I thnk he is better value of the bench

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
i think mateo will slot into the backrow with stagg at lock. either ryan may retire for 2011 or the number 11 can make way would be my logic.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
whoever said bye bye stagg should be shot he is a gun and a major core for our success!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Mateo for a few years would be nice, in particular if we can snare an in form Eastwood back into the NRL in a few years time.

Eastwood, Mateo, Stagg, (and by that time hopefully) Gordon, YES PLEASE! :D

Fadi

Waterboy
Reaction score
Boys its way to early to be discussing these 2players. And I highly doubt parra will let go of these guys of players. Also motimer looks very comfortable and confident playing for parra and his getting game don't think he will leave parra

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
i tend to agree i doubt our chances with mortimer to some degree but i believe mateo is going to be ours. i have always liked him and just have this feeling that he will be a blue and white star soon. not to mention usually where this is smoke there is fire and hes had alot of talks with us and alot of complaints about the eels. true alot of clubs will pay him good coin but i believe we can do a fair offer + dymock is the key!

Hog

The War Pig
Reaction score
whoever said bye bye stagg should be shot he is a gun and a major core for our success!
he meant chances are we couldn't keep both under the cap, Staggs contract is up this year, there'll be stacks chasing him, we wont get him for 250k again.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
stagg seems a very loyal guy and hes been well looked after here and got the chance he wanted i believe he will stay with us and we will reward him. keep in mind guys ryan will be hanging the boots up soon i believe and the likes of hickey and co will be getting the boot if he doesnt pull his weight. and i think ull also find that with noddy going and a few others will be released e.g wini etc i think money will be ok for us for the next few years alot to extend hannant,ennis,morris,idris hopefully and add a quality forward or 2 and a good replacement for noddy. mateo, pettybourne and mortimer could be a nice answer. especially if eastwood wants back at end of his deal.

you all must remember that we also have the captaincy as a reward for someone and i think patten wont take it due to fact he will not be around for many more years one would think. id imagine it will be between hannant and ennis.

craig

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
people have no idea if they think metao will replace stagg. seriously do people have brains here.

Status
Not open for further replies.