Serial madman!
Reaction score
Dogs under pressure, not Eels: Lamb
Print
- Font
+ Font
RSS
By Todd Balym and Tom Wald AAP Tue, 22 Sep 2009 18:59:54
Bulldogs great Terry Lamb has done the unthinkable, putting pressure on his own team to win Friday's NRL preliminary final showdown with Parramatta.

As the smoke and mirrors over team selections continued on Tuesday, Lamb saw through the mist to declare the Bulldogs are the ones under pressure to convert their season of dominance into a grand final appearance.

"(Parramatta) have got nothing to lose. All the pressure is on Canterbury I think," said Lamb at a 1984 grand final reunion on Tuesday.

"You look at Parramatta, they've come from nowhere.

"The pressure is on us more than anything."

The Eels still have several injury concerns ahead of the ANZ Stadium showdown with coach Daniel Anderson naming both Daniel Mortimer (hip) and Krisnan Inu (hamstring) on Tuesday despite lingering concerns.

Mortimer remains a major worry, with club great Ray Price advising the rookie 20-year-old to follow an `old wives tale' remedy of using brown paper and vinegar to help bring out the bruising in his hip.

"I hope he uses it because it does work and I've used it a fair few times," said Price.

"He won't have too many friends to talk to though because he will stink."

But Lamb believes he has inside information that the young five-eighth will not play on Friday and Feleti Mateo will start the game at pivot.

"If Mortimer plays we will run at him a fair bit and test him out, but my mail is he probably won't play," said Lamb, who is also on the coaching staff at the Bulldogs.

"I think it will be a loss (for Parramatta) because he is in good form.

"It will be a different game if Feleti plays. Feleti is a runner while Mortimer is more of an organiser and willing to score tries.

"I don't know if Feleti can play 80 minutes these days, can he?"

The Bulldogs pulled no surprises with their team named on Tuesday, halfback Brett Kimmorley as expected picked in the No.7 jersey after missing three weeks with a fractured cheekbone.

Bulldogs great Steve Mortimer says the playmaker must shut out any lingering thoughts from his mind about his healing cheekbone.

Mortimer said Kimmorley's cheekbone wouldn't be 100 per cent for his return after suffering a triple fracture on August 30.

The scheming halfback said that his cheekbone was fine but Mortimer thought the injury would still play on his mind.

"I never had a depressed fracture below the eye but you do think about it if you are going to break it again," he said.

"I am sure that is going through his mind.

"But he is a very tough player and a very strong in his will to win and I don't think he can be moved from that and I think that is a good sign for the Bulldogs."

Mortimer said Kimmorley was pivotal to his former club's chances in the clash for a grand final berth.

"He will take the ball to the line so for the Bulldogs to have a decent chance we need a playmaker," he said.

"He has been our conductor and director of attack in 2009."

As of 5pm Tuesday more than 55,000 tickets had been sold for the Friday night clash at ANZ Stadium.

I thought Baa Baa was on our side :(

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Baa is getting old and confused - All them beers are finnaly sinking in !

PigBenis

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well it is true. remember they came 8 and you guys came 2nd. So the pressure is on the dogs to make it to the GF

bullfrog_rip

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
its true, the pressure is on us, we finished equal second, we should have been minor premiers, but being able to come tru pressure is what diferentiates a "good" side with a "great" side, and i think this year we have a GREAT side. also i think he is playing mind games with the eels, all i hear is eels are awesome eels are going to win, eels this eels that, and everybody has written us off, so i hope all this talk that the eels are superior gets in their heads and they believe that its gonna be a cakewalk because thats when they get complacent and the dogs will smash them...

IMHO.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
i think the pressure is on both teams

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Obviously Baa isn't just some past great that they got for a comment. He's employed by the club as the reserve grade coach and would have a bit to do with the FG squad.

Based on that you would think these would be some mind games and he would be to trying and psych Parra out and put pressure on Mortimer and Mateo.

But it might be flirting with danger a bit and you wouldn't want top fire the Eels up. And we don't want to freak out our own team.

Still, Baa is the master of all of this and he's been there before plenty of times so you have to trust him.

craig

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
only stating the obvious scum have come from no where and are on a roll. dogs are favourites

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
wish they'd all just stfu and get on with it really.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Unlike the Dragons, we will deliver!

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
yeah i'm sure there's no pressure on em, hate them stupid comments both teams are playing for a grand final spot, each teams fans will expect their team to deliver

BulldogStar

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There is definitly more presure on us.

If parramatta dont win, big deal, they were lucky to make the eight! We have been the most consistent team all year and need to lift and win!

Ironhide07

In The Dog House
Reaction score
Preasure is on both teams. It's a prelim final. It's who handles the preasure better and for mine the Eels are way too cocky.

MAL75E

Man Of The Match
Reaction score
i smell mind games baa is jus givn parra some hope

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Baa is 100% spot on. We have been at or near the top all season and the eels with 10 rounds to go were gone for all money. They have exceeded everyones expectations as it is and really they have nothing to lose.

(((((SMACK)))))

Jados Boutros
Reaction score
Baa is 100% spot on. We have been at or near the top all season and the eels with 10 rounds to go were gone for all money. They have exceeded everyones expectations as it is and really they have nothing to lose.
Yep. But I like to remind the Eels supporters of past **** ups......

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I dunno. I don't think it's relevant this deep into the finals as to who the most expectations or pressure is in. There are 4 teams left and there is massive pressure on all of them to take advantage of a very rare opportunity to win a premiership.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
a gf spot? you could also say we've exceeded everyones's expectations. thefact that theres a gf spot up for grabs means there will be pressure on both teams

Status
Not open for further replies.