On a sadder note

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatsNikkisTeam

Reaction score
If anyone watched the game last night they would have heard the commentators mention a death and the game was dedicated to a young kid named John Ward

He was Roosters 5000th. the poor kid had already been though two liver transplants but just didn't make it.

http://www.sydneyroosters.com.au/news.php?ArticleID=3068
(back when he was given the 5000th membership)

RIP to a little battler

Tears your heart out seeing little kids suffer.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Condolences to the Roosters community, friends and family.

ThatsNikkisTeam

Reaction score
A lot of the players attended his funeral and big moz even sent flowers and a card from the UK.

I love the fact that a kid can capture a grown men hearts. Maybe that was the inspiration behind the win last night because the players had been following his progress for a while.

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
RIP. Hopefully he has gone to a far better place and is immune from illness.

xeno

xXxeno
Reaction score
Breaks my heart to hear all this stuff

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
he would have been proud of the win

RIP

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You know I am not a fan of the Roosters but I feel really humbled by their reaction to the little guys death. Football is not the be all and end all of everything but to someone who is ill and not likely to get better it is a real escape from the pain. Good on the Roosters boys for giving the little guy some joy and happiness and for attending his funeral.

ThatsNikkisTeam

Reaction score
You know I am not a fan of the Roosters but I feel really humbled by their reaction to the little guys death. Football is not the be all and end all of everything but to someone who is ill and not likely to get better it is a real escape from the pain. Good on the Roosters boys for giving the little guy some joy and happiness and for attending his funeral.

Exactly makes you realise whats important in life and stuff like this possibly helps the guys stay grounded... You know makes them think so what if im out for a few weeks with a injury this kid battled his whole life and now his gone and his family are left suffering (Mind you im sure the players would have grown attached to him)

Most clubs do things like this i just though this was a really sad story, i remember when i first read about the kid getting the 5000th membership so its sad to hear he has passed. Another league fan lost :(

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Aw that's really really upsetting.

Good on the boys for giving him some form of happiness during his short life. Enoyment of footy is what it should all be about.

Another sad story was that lady that was on the footy show, who was dying from cancer, and was a roosters fan, they let her meet them, have a whole rack of signed team jerseys....then she passed away shortly after.
Spine tingling stuff.

dragons_princess

Hung it on Ma Wall
Reaction score
If anyone watched the game last night they would have heard the commentators mention a death and the game was dedicated to a young kid named John Ward

He was Roosters 5000th. the poor kid had already been though two liver transplants but just didn't make it.

http://www.sydneyroosters.com.au/news.php?ArticleID=3068
(back when he was given the 5000th membership)

RIP to a little battler

Tears your heart out seeing little kids suffer.
I did see this on Friday night Nikki and it broke my heart, that is terribly sad.

Brings tears to my eyes when I see things like this :(

Condolences to everyone involved and to the family

moefromoz

Metal Guru
Reaction score
R.I.P. little champion.....
I'm so glad RL brought you some joy.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Poor little guy. They gave him a tribute worthy of the best in conditions that promised the worst. A top send off.

Status
Not open for further replies.