Recent content by B-Train

1. B-Train

News Jackson Topine takes Bulldogs to court

They probably will settle for a small amount to make the story go away but it'd be for a fraction of the $4 million they're asking for. I'd be surprised if he got more than a few hundred k as that would be roughly what he was on per year.
  2. B-Train

Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

I said at the start of the year that you guys should have taken the $200 million or whatever it was that was on offer from the Saudi League. They'll probably still pay a tonne for him next season, but it's clear that after his injury he hasn't been the same player in the second half of the...
  3. B-Train

I'm not saying he's got no issues. I'm saying that they've not been caused or worsened by having to do what every other player at every other club has done for years. Which is why there is no case. If there was, then why doesn't every other player that has had to endure such horrific...
  4. B-Train

They have no case. Because doing these things is part of what every player has done or has to do at times. Wrestling is part of their training. Plus one of the players was Nu Brown who has been at 5 clubs in 2 years... Just because players complain doesn't mean that they have a case.. Players...
  5. B-Train

What the fuck are you talking about? He made the decision to not just keep training and playing or to try and find another club and get past whatever grievance he had and make the most out of his career. That was his choice. Every person every day can claim to suffer from some form of mental...
  6. B-Train

So taking the club to court, being hammered in the media and by the fans and ruining his career by doing this as no club will want to go near him now somehow helps his "mental health" does it? Just admit that he and his manager, lawyers see an opportunity to get as much money as possible out of...
  7. B-Train

Back 5

Good call.. I loved Lolesi.. He was really good for us.
  8. B-Train

Back 5

Our backline is great at the moment but nothing will beat this back 5 from 2004.. The year before that we had Vagana instead of Tonga.. 1: Patten 2: El Masri 3: Harris 4: Tonga 5: Utai
  9. B-Train

RIP Terry Hill!

Very sad to hear. He died way too young. He was a great player and one of the true characters of the game. RIP Terry and thoughts go out to his friends and family during this tough time.
  10. B-Train

How has Brad Arthur not been fired yet?

Trent Robinson has underachieved way more. But I doubt Arthur is their coach next season. As others have said though, there aren't many good options to replace them with which is probably why they hang onto their jobs longer than they deserve to based on results.
  11. B-Train

I'm sure Buzz will hammer the Bulldogs, Gus etc like usual. Maybe some of the other 360/Fox Sports people will be more reasonable but for the most part because it's a legal issue and mental health has been thrown out there, I doubt they truly express how they really feel.. Either way this...
  12. B-Train

I hate the mental health angle being thrown out there. As someone who has had a close family member spend months in a mental hospital and seeing first hand how horrible those places are and what people with real mental illnesses like schizophrenia have to deal with, I take offence to a footy...
  13. B-Train

$4 million? As they say in The Castle..
  14. B-Train

It's pretty disgraceful that it's come to this and they're making such bullshit allegations and blowing things out of proportion as much as possible to get some extra money.. There's no chance he gets anything close to what he's asking for.. The club gave Topine an opportunity and helped him...
  15. B-Train

News The young gun “with the world at his feet”

I'm sure Gus will re-sign him. Sexton won't be here next year, Hutch is a short term stop gap option and the club rate O'Neill highly. He could be in the FG squad next year. Plus we have a tonne of cap space, so there's no reason to think he won't stay.