Recent content by Noosa Dog

1. Noosa Dog

Official Gus's Message

Agree Wendog, I haven’t bothered posting for a while for this reason. I actually started a thread a while back where posters could mention all the trolls, so that members that are not interested in their crap had a list to make the process of blocking easier. Interestingly enough the mods took...
  2. Noosa Dog

Gus on 7 News - 8-9 signings in coming weeks

It’s all about the context in Crichton’s position for 2024 situation. If you look back at direct quotes Gus says he was signed with an eye on the fullback position and at that point in time we desperately needed that position strengthened for 2024. The fact that he also mentioned that Crichton...
  3. Noosa Dog

Alamoti to the Panthers

Perhaps he was part of the toxic culture (kicking stones and be influenced by disgruntled players), and Gus and Co felt it was in the clubs best interests to let him go. Personally i would not be surprised if Gus and CC felt he needed to experience life at a successful club in order to realize...
  4. Noosa Dog

News NRL Market Watch: Bulldogs poach Eels’ Aussie Schoolboy Cody Parry, re-sign Blake Wilson

Makes sense, although if he performs well in off season and then in two pre season trial, you never know.
  5. Noosa Dog

Breakout star of 2024?

I’m really hoping we have multiple breakout stars in 2024 and specifically in the front row and half back position. Sam Hughes and Sexton for me
  6. Noosa Dog

News NRL Market Watch: Bulldogs poach Eels’ Aussie Schoolboy Cody Parry, re-sign Blake Wilson

Great news, I like that he is backing himself to have an even better year next year and then talk new contract.
  7. Noosa Dog

Alamoti to the Panthers

Same as elements of the Kennel unfortunately.
  8. Noosa Dog

Alamoti to the Panthers

Unfortunately with how inaccurate media is these days, I would take a kennel insiders information over the media (sad as that is). Also could it be that he is on 700K (on cap) at the dogs with 125K in other payments?
  9. Noosa Dog

Alamoti to the Panthers

Sounds about right.. perseverance and patience unfortunately are not as prevalent these days.
  10. Noosa Dog

Alamoti to the Panthers

And perhaps in Alamoti’s situation, the club and player didn’t see eye to eye on the fix, or player didn’t believe it he was not deficient in the first place lol who knows…
  11. Noosa Dog

Alamoti to the Panthers

IMO, this depends on a lot of the dynamics going on behind the scenes we are not privy too.
  12. Noosa Dog

Alamoti to the Panthers

It would not surprise me given how young he is and the fact he could potentially of been looking to blame everyone else (with the influence of others perhaps) instead of looking at what he could do better to get back into first grade. I’m saying that, this is all speculation.
  13. Noosa Dog

Alamoti to the Panthers

Time will tell if he can progress over the next couple of years to be a consistent NRL player. He definitely has deficiencies in his game that require a very strong work ethic to correct( perhaps speed will always be his biggest deficiency but if he can sort out his defense then perhaps he can...
  14. Noosa Dog

Surely we are signing a big name forward

Agree with this , and although we have made some bad recruiting decisions over the past 6 years or so (most out of desperation to try and fix short term issues) our current recruitment drive is very limited by external factors.