Recent content by Nakidog

1. N

We need a halfback

Couldn’t agree more mate - composure under pressure, level headed and looks like he can lead a side around the park. He certainly turned my head and made me want him at the dogs
  2. N

Opinion Nick Cotric vs Greatest Canterbury Centers.

100% Tonga in his time with us was poetry in motion. Loved watching him carve up Justin Hodges.
  3. N

Opinion YES or NO...foaluma ?

By second rower (Topine?) and centre (Alamoti?)
  4. N

What players are leaving 1st of November 2020

I'd love to see us sign Cade Cust (would have played under Barrett at Manly) if reports are true and they are angling for a Foran signing. Would love a halves combo of Cust on the left edge with RFM/Waddell and with his left foot punt and Averillo on the right running the right edge with Doorey...
  5. N

Opinion What happened to Bulldogs junior development?

Yea mate plenty are lost and plenty go on to good things. Depending on the position you are scouting there are different variables you look for in a kid. E.g Halves - (unmeasurables - observation) composure under pressure, time on the ball, resilience, (measurable- statistics) passing game, 10m...
  6. N

Opinion What happened to Bulldogs junior development?

I coach a NZ school 1st XV union team here and there are 2-3 kids at every school here that would make great NRL players given time and the right coaching. I can't understand why teams have not done more of it. RTS was a gun school boy union player here.
  7. N

Recruits on Pay's watch

Fullback - Tex Hoy / Tabuai-Fidow 5/8 - Matt Burton Hooker -Harry Grant or Brandon Smith I'd love to make the above guys priority signings with an eye to the future (the fullbacks won't get offered anything near what we can) Burton is 3rd string at Penny now and Grant or Smith will be...
  8. N

Recruits on Pay's watch

I know Deano inherited a whole lot of issues when he took on the role but when you look at the players he recruited from other clubs can you blame the higher powers for doubting his ability to recruit a side to take us back in to the top 8 and beyond? Jack Cogger - Has not become a top grader...
  9. N

Team next week

Holland is rubbish wouldn't have him or Christina "can't read in defence" Chricton anywhere near the side. They have been thieving off the club for the last few seasons
  10. N

News JIMMY BRINGS: All the inside mail on the NRL, delivered by James Hooper

We have to sign a top notch #9 with leg speed through the middle a kid at the warriors who has been injury prone we could nab is Roache, an established outside back (at 22yo and 4 years under his belt) Cotric is our man and we need to sign Bateman as well as re-sign CHN. They will give us some...
  11. N

Our squad and what we have to recruit to be a top 8 team

For me I'd like to see a team similar to this next season. The game has sped up so much and to me you need forwards with leg speed and footwork. Gone is the wrestle type forwards who banged out long minutes like Tolman and James Graham. With the money we have surely we could make this squad...
  12. N

Bad recruiting

Couldn't agree more mate. Would love to see Averillo and Harper given plenty of time this season to see where their best fit is for the future and would love to see Wakeham given the #7 shirt for the season and Lewis, Cogger and Averillo fight for the #6 jersey. That way come 2021 when we have...
  13. N

News A school like no other Jayden Okunbor

Hope he don't start playing a role in selling the rocks as its being alleged manu was in NZ.
  14. N

Players off contact from Top 30 2020

I know its not a bball thread so don't want to fill this up we traded Kawhi (who was developed) for Demar (we would have been dumb not to) yep we brought Aldridge to remain a power in the strong west and not fall away like most other teams do. Yep as you say most teams go and buy in their main...
  15. N

Players off contact from Top 30 2020

The most successful and consistent NBA side still continue to do it and do it well in the San Antonio Spurs. Get the people in the right places for development and recruitment and back yours staff like they do. I'm not saying they are definitely going to win another championship in a hurry but...