Recent content by gregh23

1. G

Moore quote off Footy Show

Without actually knowing our CEO personally, I'd much rather player managers supposedly saying he is hard to deal with than saying he is a soft touch.
  2. G

Zero Go Forward in our Team

The lack of metres in our team has been a problem for 18 months now. Even against the Titans, we spent most of the game defending our line. For mine, we also seem to slide in defence and invite teams to run at us. That annoys me no end.
  3. G

Round 11 Post-Match Discussion Thread - Bulldogs v Raiders

Very very frustrated after what is a disgusting result. Thought our forward pack did well in terms of territory and metres gained which is an improvement on those areas this year. Thought our creativity and structure in attack was generally putrid though and tonight was the worst we have...
  4. G

Round 5 Match Thread: *Spoilers* Bulldogs v Illawarra

As grumpy as I am right now, its round five and we are 3-2 so let not judge yet. Imagine how different it could have been if we scored rather than Boyd intercepting? Overall, what worries me most is that we are not making enough metres and giving the likes of Idris and the other backs any real...
  5. G

Bulldogs sign with Canterbury!

I think our away jersey does the job really well. It retains our traditional colours yet distinguishes from our home jersey. Been generally disappointed with look of the Blades gear. Haven't bought any merchandise since the Nike days so hopefully if we are with CCC, we can get some quality...
  6. G

A few things to ponder

In terms of recruits, I hope we haven't finished in terms of trying to buy forwards for next year. Sure, we have bought Tolman and I'd be suprised if Tandy isn't re-signed but more size is needed to really cope with some of the other packs in the competition.
  7. G

bulldogs vs titans post match thread

I certainly don't subscribe to having the coach sacked. For mine, there has to be more player accountability in our side. We are continuing to make stupid ball handling mistakes and make poor decisions in both defence and attack. I know I'm upset and dismissive when I wasn't overly excited in...
  8. G

Roll Call vs Storm

Great to see the Bulldogs Army coming down here for this one. Hopefully the team can do better than the last few times we've played in Melbourne.
  9. G

Chooseday night game- Dogs vs Storm 2006

Still remember that night and I was in a very similar situation to you. I don't think I have ever left a ground in such a hurry as I did that night. Its been painful down here the past two times the Dogs have come to Melbourne but hopefully this Sunday will be different!
  10. G

This season could be the worst ever!! (merged)

It has been a disappointing start to the season but I cannot see how this can compare to 2008. Quite literally, 2008 was the season from hell collectively at the club. The spiteful board elections, Mason walking out, horrific injury toll and SBW going AWOL surely cannot compare to being 3-6 and...
  11. G

Official 2010 Jerseys

I was up there for the Souths game and the only products that appealed to me were the X Blades Polos but they weren't available on the night and they aren't on the website shop either at the moment. I always liked the Nike gear but apart from above, the X Blades apparel hasn't appealed to me much.
  12. G

If the salary cap don't fit, wear it

What a load of dribble from Kent in this article. If we weren't under the cap in 2004, then we wouldn't have been able to compete just like the Storm are finding out at the moment. The difference is that we were found out in August whereas they've been found out in April.
  13. G

Your 5 Favourite Things about 2009....

1. Return to finals so quickly after what had happened in 2008 (and before). 2. A year without the off-field controversy which has helped the club regain respect. 3. Consistency throughout the season. 4. Name change back to Canterbury-Bankstown 5. Logo change. (Never thought about it until it...
  14. G

intimidation and aggression where art thou?

Certainly agree with this. In late 2007 we lost to the Cowboys twice in consecutive weeks and their forward pack was decimated but had lots of hard workers yet we had Mason, Maitua, Williams, O'Meley and Ryan and still couldn't come up with the goods. Looking back, that was an indication...
  15. G

A sucessful undisciplined club vs a well bahaved losing one

During the days of the off field incidents, I didn't think too much of the club's image and perception from other supporters, sponsors, etc mainly because we were winning. Even in a non Rugby League state, people knew and disliked the Dogs because we had Mason, Maitua, Williams, etc and in a way...