Steve Folkes

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayJay70

Farewell Haz!
Reaction score
You people are kidding, Folkes has to go. With the team we have we should finish top 2 at least, look at the players we have compared to other teams. We have no game plan, no direction no nothing, other coaches would love our roster. Folkes is the difference between us and Melbourne he is past his use by date.....
Coops, get your hand off it mate! Top 2 at least eh? That's a pretty big call. Our roster isn't so hot that we should expect to be 'top 2 at least'. The salary cap has made the competition a lot tighter and only a mug would expect to finish Top 2 with such a tight comp.

If you want to sack Folkes, then who is going to be his replacement?
Any ideas?

P.S. Congrats to Folkes for a great job.

JayJay70

Farewell Haz!
Reaction score
i agree, Folkes has got nothing. He has to go, our roster is the best in the game and we still have no structure or game plan.
We dont even deserve to be in the finals, what a disgraceful year, cant believe all the people on here sucking up to Folkes.

Our roster is the best in the game? Ha ha ha. You've got to be kidding

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
We have enough raw talent to make a dent on this comp. Moulding it into a cohesive unit is no easy task. I don't envy Folkes for the hard work he has obviously put in.

His comments after the games has shown his frustration that the team is not listening to him. No amount of coaching and cajoling can help if the players forget everything they're told as soon as the game starts.

Nonetheless, I think that the party culture has hurt us this year. Poor Steve.

Old Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wayne Bennett may be the exception, but fater about 5 years all coaches should move on.

Canterbury FC

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Folkes

Definitely one of the greatest coaches in the history of the game!!

GRK_MAFIOSO

IN THE MOB!!!
Reaction score
Finally a thread about the appreciation Steve Folkes deserves...all the best brother i have all the faith in the world for you, hope to see ya coaching the dogs for many years to come

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Folkes was a great player in premiership winning Bulldogs sides and has coached premiership winning Bulldogs sides also. He played with the biggest dog legend IMO Lamb. Hes a true dog. It matters. Say NO to imports!

he may need more help in the defensive coaching dept is all.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
i still have faith that folkes can get it done..he has been great:grinning:..congrats again:grinning:

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
would b funny if the dogs win, all the bandwagoners will b on his side then, they call themselves tru supporters only when we win

iWahash

Hannant
Reaction score
Folkes was a great player in premiership winning Bulldogs sides and has coached premiership winning Bulldogs sides also. He played with the biggest dog legend IMO Lamb. Hes a true dog. It matters. Say NO to imports!

he may need more help in the defensive coaching dept is all.
i agree. it seems the players think they are still in 2006 and have got grimaldi and asotasi to do all the nitty gritty..

i think by next year, our defence will improve 10x because no longer will there be a reliance on anyone else but the team theyve got to make the tackles

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Hickey can shed some pounds and become a tad more mobile, I think he can start to fill that role ok. We may not have a born again Grimaldi, but we may have a Darren Britt. Hickey has improved a lot this year, especially stepping up when Shrek was out. He has a long way to go, but I'm a fan and hope he stays in the Dogs pack for years to come. (Bugga off Roosters, he's our's.)

P

premiers07

you are all denying the fact that Folkes has the best roster in the game.
i have connections that Folkes will be sacked for next year.
the club was going to sack him mid season but the players revolted.
if the dogs dont win the comp, then Folkes is gone, i can gaurantee this

iWahash

Hannant
Reaction score
you are all denying the fact that Folkes has the best roster in the game.
i have connections that Folkes will be sacked for next year.
the club was going to sack him mid season but the players revolted.
if the dogs dont win the comp, then Folkes is gone, i can gaurantee this
hmm. excuse me for being skeptical, but unless I know person's authority within the club or the person they know, i can't really believe them. this year it has been the players not steve folkes..

and if he left, who would be his replacement?

wogdog

Boards Don't Hit Back!
Reaction score
well done folkes on making the team boring this year. we shouldn't even be in the finals. we r no chance
remind me not to ask you anything about being "positive"

wogdog

Boards Don't Hit Back!
Reaction score
If folkesy wasn't our coach,does anyone think that terry lamb would take over?

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think he has the best roster in the game. He has a good one, not the best. (We should be top 4 though.)

There are a lot of people on here who say they've got connections. I'm from the "I'll believe it when I see it" school.

P

premiers07

If folkesy wasn't our coach,does anyone think that terry lamb would take over?
i am a major sponsor for the club, wont say who i am obviously.
can say that Folkes is gone for next year, as i said the club wanted to sack him mid year

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
i am a major sponsor for the club, wont say who i am obviously.
can say that Folkes is gone for next year, as i said the club wanted to sack him mid year
I heard suggestions that the board was looking to Kevin Moore as FG coach. But I can't see it happening any time soon, Folkes has the runs on the board, and has shown he can keep reinventing the team.

Why the club would be telling the sponsors on in house dramas in beyond me. Your probably friends with Kevin (or are Kevin Moore) and trying to seed the doubt around Folkes so Kevin can have a go.

Status
Not open for further replies.