Soccer The Manchester United SUPER Thread

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
Thats fukn aswesome...imagine a view from directly behind the goal...
i have no idea how we have held off the last 2 games and managed 6 points...very important points...something we couldnt do last season...
and with our injury crisis and practically a new team...the future is bright...
remember only 2 players in that squad were in the team last yr...so its massive to be winning when we are not at our best...
cant wait for the next match against west brom!

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
To put our current predicament into perspective

How would Arsenal, Chelsea and Man City be performing if they had an injury list like ours that consists of 9-10 players on the sidelines while at the same time promoting and giving youth players a chance in the Starting XI?

We're doing all right taking all of that into consideration

Do Chelsea and Man City even have a youth academy? Both clubs don't have any intentions of giving youth players chance, they go out and splash cash on players in every transfer market

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Also, would like to hear everybody's opinion on Adnan Januzaj's current predicament of not being able to break into the Starting XI

Where do you play him? There isn't really a spot in the Starting XI where you can fit him in

Being knocked out of the Capitol One Cup means we don't have those matches where we can rotate the squad and give players like Januzaj game time and when we do bring him off from the bench (in the EPL) for 30mins on a inconsistent basis, it's not exactly fair to judge him on those performances

Januzaj looks like he a good head on his shoulders, hasn't thrown the toys around the cot over not getting selected week in and week out, he's still only 19 so there's plenty of time for him to break into the lineup and nail down a spot, what I would tell him is to keep working hard and when he's given the opportunity, take it with both hands and impress van Gaal

If Januzaj is still getting little to no game time when January comes around, I personally would be looking at loaning him out so he can further develop while getting first team football on a regular basis - a side like Southampton would be great for him, stays in the Premier League while working with one of if not the best club in England when it comes to developing youth players

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
not too sure about chelseas academy...but i know Citys academy is very good...almost as good as ours in fact...i believe andy coles son and rvps son attend that academy...
in regards to Januzaj...you have to feel for him...but at this stage...where does he fit in our best 11?
do we play him against the weaker teams...example west brom next week?
i am not too sure...hope he gets a crack...but its hard 2 see at this point in time

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Man City's academy may be very good but how many of their youth players have been or will be given a chance in their first team? That's the difference between them and us, not to mention Rodwell who was such a bright talent when he was at Everton before making the switch to Man City where he was never properly given a chance because they just kept purchasing players and that severely hampered his development before he forced a move to Sunderland before the start of this season

Januzaj came through our youth academy playing as a no 10, he has Rooney and Mata for competition in that position while he broke into the first team last season as a winger but we aren't looking to play a system with proper wingers because of our strikers in Rooney, van Persie and Falcao

The trouble with us not having Champions League football is that we can't take for granted anything against the lesser teams in the EPL, we need all 3 points every time we play so by seasons end, we're hopefully in the Top 3 to ensure automatic qualification for the Champions League

I guess the only positive I can make out of Januzaj's situation at the moment is that he won't be in the spotlight week in and week out to perform, look at Sterling who's also 19 but a regular starter for Liverpool, he has great expectations every time he steps out onto the pitch so for Januzaj he can continue to develop while avoiding much of the spotlight

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
Man City's academy may be very good but how many of their youth players have been or will be given a chance in their first team? That's the difference between them and us, not to mention Rodwell who was such a bright talent when he was at Everton before making the switch to Man City where he was never properly given a chance because they just kept purchasing players and that severely hampered his development before he forced a move to Sunderland before the start of this season

Januzaj came through our youth academy playing as a no 10, he has Rooney and Mata for competition in that position while he broke into the first team last season as a winger but we aren't looking to play a system with proper wingers because of our strikers in Rooney, van Persie and Falcao

The trouble with us not having Champions League football is that we can't take for granted anything against the lesser teams in the EPL, we need all 3 points every time we play so by seasons end, we're hopefully in the Top 3 to ensure automatic qualification for the Champions League

I guess the only positive I can make out of Januzaj's situation at the moment is that he won't be in the spotlight week in and week out to perform, look at Sterling who's also 19 but a regular starter for Liverpool, he has great expectations every time he steps out onto the pitch so for Januzaj he can continue to develop while avoiding much of the spotlight
he will hardly develop if hes not playing...but i know hes been playing with the reserves or under 21s...so he will still be fit and will be ready to go when given the opportunity...as for sterling..poor bugger...
i knew liverpool would have a tough season this yr...but with coutinho playing shite...and no sturridge...he is their only spark now...they were lucky to win on the weekend...
cant wait for Ronaldo to carve them up

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
he will hardly develop if hes not playing...but i know hes been playing with the reserves or under 21s...so he will still be fit and will be ready to go when given the opportunity...as for sterling..poor bugger...
i knew liverpool would have a tough season this yr...but with coutinho playing shite...and no sturridge...he is their only spark now...they were lucky to win on the weekend...
cant wait for Ronaldo to carve them up
Yeah that's the hard balancing act for LvG, Januzaj will continue to develop but not as quickly without regular competitive first team football

Every time Januzaj plays for our reserves, he's just too good for that level of football but not good enough (at the moment) to nail down a spot in our starting XI

That's why I suggest we think about loaning out Januzaj, we don't have the Capitol One Cup matches anymore to rotate the squad, Southampton would be a great place for him as he'll still be playing in Premier League while under the guidance of Southampton who develop amazing footballers

As for Sterling, despite playing for the Scousers, great talent but too much expectations on his shoulders now that Liverpool have struggled this early on in the season

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
Southampton not going too shabby themselves atm....
not even sure they would put Januzaj in the starting 11.... lol...
ps... happy to see the scousers fail miserably so far...only going to get a tougher with more european games and then Fa cup starting...lets just hope we replace them in the top 4 come May

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
It's funny though isn't it for Southampton.. before this season even began, they had their manager poached then had their best players poached and just now Manchester United have come in and poached their lead physio and despite all of that, they're sitting pretty in 3rd on the Premier League table

Liverpool were always going to struggle this season, they exceeded expectations last season and coming into this season everybody expected them to do the same if not go better

You can't replace a player like Suarez, while I cannot stand him because he's a f*cking rat, ability wise, he's one of the best strikers in the world and to replace him with Balotelli who's a loose cannon and turns up when he wants isn't going to work in the long term

Also, an unimpressive stat for Balotelli reads he has had 63 shots in his last 20 Premier League appearances for only 1 goal

Here's a stat comparison between Welbeck v Balotelli so far this season

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
Welbeck what a bargain...wonder what happens to Welbs when Giroud is back though
liverpool overachieved just like they did when they finished 2nd to us a few yrs back...i actually think their squad was better back then and they probably should have won it...but we all remember what happened after that season...the wheels fell off...
this season was the big test for them...but plenty of time 2 go

jmaamary

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have hit the nail on the head Sonny ... We really need to put our start into perspective considering our horrific injury toll, perhaps this will give the lads the belief to go onwards and upwards this season. Re Januzaj, its a toughie ... I know his favoured position is the number 10 but surely you would have him in the side ahead of Valencia. He offers more than that one trick pony. Might sound a bit harsh but its hard watching him now and remembering his form 2 seasons back.

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
You have hit the nail on the head Sonny ... We really need to put our start into perspective considering our horrific injury toll, perhaps this will give the lads the belief to go onwards and upwards this season. Re Januzaj, its a toughie ... I know his favoured position is the number 10 but surely you would have him in the side ahead of Valencia. He offers more than that one trick pony. Might sound a bit harsh but its hard watching him now and remembering his form 2 seasons back.
If LvG decides to utilise a system that has traditional wingers then no doubt Di Maria and Januzaj will become our wingers, it's just we have 3 top strikers and a quality no 10 where they simply do not fit into any other system then the current Diamond 4-4-2

Speaking about Valencia, he looked quite good against Everton playing in the midfield as oppose to when he's on the wing running aimlessly down the right flank and hopelessly bashing in a wayward 'cross'

Valencia has all the attributes to become a competent makeshift midfielder in this Diamond 4-4-2 (while we still have our injury crisis); terrific work rates (box-to-box style), physical strength (doesn't get bullied when in possession), speed and most importantly, he doesn't need to send any crosses into the box, that job is left to Rafael who bombards that right flank like an absolute boss in attack and Valencia covers for him while Rafael goes up field

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
id send Januzaj out to loan in january, whats the use of sitting on the bench

we need to play mid week games other wise we will never gel, i dont care how much training you do its not the same as real game situations

jo7resh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
id send Januzaj out to loan in january, whats the use of sitting on the bench

we need to play mid week games other wise we will never gel, i dont care how much training you do its not the same as real game situations
I'm sure I heard Manchester United will organise mid week games as friendlies to make money plus keep the boys active

Ricky Stuart

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Lets say we sign a world class CB in January would that not force LVG into playing 3 at the back cause, the new CB would want to play and then there's Rojo who is in his prime and must play and also Jones who is will need to play to reach his full potential. And we can't forget Smalling and Evans

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
This is a apparently a team of players who will be free agents in the European summer

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
MAN UTD IN FOR STERLING
REPORTS claim that Man Utd are preparing to make a stunning £8million bid for Liverpool and England star Raheem Sterling.

The 19-year-old midfielder is currently negotiating a new deal with Brendan Rodgers' side, but it is believed that the two parties are far from close to agreeing terms.

Liverpool are believed to be offering Sterling a five-year-deal with wages nearing £100,000-per-week, but the Reds are aware the situation is being closely monitored by other European heavyweights Real Madrid and Paris St-Germain.

It has been claimed that Sterling is open to a move away from Anfield in the near future, and it has even been reported by some outlets that Premier League rivals Man Utd have now thrown their hat in the ring.

Louis Van Gaal is apparently keen to bring some of the brightest English talents to Old Trafford in January, and is also keeping tabs on injured Everton star Ross Barkley as he looks to build a dynasty in the north-west.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
MAN UTD PIP LIVERPOOL FOR MK DONS WONDERKID
MAN UTD are close to agreeing a £9million deal to bring MK Dons wonderkid Dele Alli to Old Trafford.

Manager Louis Van Gaal has made the signing of the attacking midfielder, 18, a priority, knowing that Liverpool have also been in touch with the League One club.

Arsenal and Spurs also have extensive reports on the England Under-19 star who is a Man Utd fan.

It is believed Man Utd have discussed a package which, with various add-ons, would see MK Dons bank £9m.

Man Utd want to complete the deal once the next window opens in January and would then loan Alli back until the end of the season.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
SCHOLES URGES UTD TO SIGN STERLING

MAN Utd legend Paul Scholes has urged his former club to sign Raheem Sterling from bitter rivals Liverpool in January.

Sterling who currently earns £30, 000 a week has recently rejected a 5 year lucrative deal from his current club worth £100, 000 and has desires to move away from Anfield in January.

Writing in his column in The Independent, Scholes has likened Raheem Sterling to his former United team mate Cristiano Ronaldo.

"Sterling does not seem the type to me to complain. I see him as one of those brave wingers, a tough kid who gets kicked and then picks himself up again."

"He gets on with it, and does not hide on the pitch, a bit like Cristiano Ronaldo one did at Manchester United," Scholes insisted

"And if he wants to reach that level one day, he will have noticed that the likes of Ronaldo, Messi and Andres Iniesta have played upto 70 games in some seasons".

Sterling will travel with his Liverpool team to Loftus Road to face his former club, Queens Park Rangers.