OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Round 6 | Post Game | Storm 16 - 14 Bulldogs

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Taaffe acts as a 2nd half on that right side and can produce nice cut-out passes. We missed that last night and it showed even further how inept Hutch is.

I don't know where he is better suited in the team, but Taaffe needs to be in there somewhere either 1, 7 or 14.

#HutchOut

Pottz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hutchinson is the problem. I thought he would be better for us but he really is struggling. He gives us no time on the right edge, is too predictable and slow and this is why Chrichton looked off pace. I'm not convinced with Sexton either. For me Taafe should be given a go at hb and Tracey at fb.
Yep absolutely. Taaffe has shown enough and has experience as a halfback, and Tracey was a rockstar last night, so safe under high balls, strong carries, has pace to burn, he has been really impressive every game but took it to another level last night.

You're right about Crichton too I reckon, Hutchison is very likely the cause of him not being used in attack down the right which is also probably why Critta took the initiative last night on a few last tackle plays.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Im fkn happy that we can compete with the best and go set for set with anyone. All i will say is Turpin needs to not see first grade again
Turpin was a let down... The first error set the tone. So disappointing to know that if Kurt Mann played we would have won. Who'd have thought we'd be saying that before round 1.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
So you would chose Sexton, Taafe or Hayward over Hutch. It would probably destroy their careers.

Hutch is there because he is experienced and can defend better than any other option.

You clearly have an agenda. But you are being shown up. Ciro is looking like a better coach each game.
Xerri apparently defended shit in cup and wasn't ready... Perhaps the cup squad as a whole is the issue defensively and no individuals such as Sexton.

bulamakdoggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Turpin was a let down... The first error set the tone. So disappointing to know that if Kurt Mann played we would have won. Who'd have thought we'd be saying that before round 1.
Turpin completely missed the tackle on
Turpin completely missed the tackle on Hughes where he made a break leading up to the try and then Kautogo did not even attempt to tackle Blore for the winning Try, both passengers.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We lost and made dumb decisions, of course I'm not completely happy. Critta @ FB in attack was idiotic. Burtons kicking game late game was terrible. Hutcho was Hutcho. Mahoney?? The fuck is Mahoney doing?
Mahoney's brain farts are annoying... Most of the time our middles aren't going to be in a position for short option and or crash play. Just stop fucking around and give quick service, very simple

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Crichton moves to the right imo. I think Xerri fits better on the left. Gives us legitimate strike on both sides of the field
It does look that way.

Although the media is hyping up Crichton as the greatest leader since General Macarthur, I suspect he still has a lot to learn about captaincy and on-field communication, especially from his wide position.

It may simply be he is learning when he needs to get involved as Captain and when he is better off not saying anything.

And when he needs to be in his position rather than someone else's.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Got to say Crichton has been a little underwhelming . Not bad but just not great. Interesting to see where he plays most of the year because left centre is his and xerris preferred position.
Who ever thinks critta has been underwhelming is full of shit.
Critta is the one setting the fitness and attitude standards. He’s the captain, he’s a big reason we’re playing how we’re playing. Just because he isn’t scoring tries doesn’t mean he isn’t doing enough.
If we didn’t buy him we’d be playing like last year still.

WFC03

Waterboy
Reaction score
I love all the negative comments from people who seem to have no idea. Besides Kiks and Mahoney we had no forward pack. The rest of our starting and reserve pack are injured or suspended.
We had a hooker playing 2nd row, a rookie half playing lock, a lock playing prop, a centre/lock playing 2nd row and 3 guys on the bench with a handful of games to their name.
Add to that a new fullback, a centre who was playing his 2nd game in 4 years and another centre playing the wrong side.
We were given no chance. Tab were giving us 18.5 start and everyone expected Melbourne to run up a score especially at 10-0
The fact we stayed in the fight is what people have been crying out for for years and now we have a team that does that and people just have to winge.
I want the team to win too but maybe some perspective that we were facing a top 4 team at full strength and we pushed them and, with a bit more composure yes, could have won but the fact we were in the contest late was a million to 1 before the game

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Critta is the one setting the fitness and attitude standards. He’s the captain, he’s a big reason we’re playing how we’re playing. Just because he isn’t scoring tries doesn’t mean he isn’t doing enough.
Agree with this, although don't support the use of a cuss word.
Crichton has a lot on his plate but has the talent to become a Bulldogs legend.
As a leader and as a player.

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think he's been great for the team.. I do think he's playing a bit injured though.. doesn't seem to be able to get up to full pace..