News 'I can't understand the comments': Phil Gould counters Trent Robinson over Dominic Young send off furore

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
What , make himself look like a goose ?

It was a ridiculous statement from Robinson. Absolute tool
I mean say what he has to to help minimise the damage. But Dom was obviously in a bad mood and got what he deserved. The Roosters thought they were going to beat us and they hated us - so us beating them was a humiliation in their eyes - you could see it in Kleary in the presser - made me very happy to see how gutted he was lol

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
"we've had guys stay on the field, not even go for 10 for less and I feel like that was a bit over the top,"
Never in my life have I seen a guy violently knocked unconscious and the other player not even get 10. You're a fuckin wanker Robbo. What a dopey comment.
Yeah well Robbo, your store bought luck and influence ran out (one single time). Maybe a miracle will hapoen and JWH will get the penalties he deserves go against him as well.

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
NRL needs to do a full audit of Roosters training practices as a lot of their games lead to HIA’s both to their players and the opposition
They’ve also ruined countless careers due to head knocks. Cordner, Friend, Keary, Teddy (10 HIA’s cat 1 in the last 2.5 years), and Walker looks to be headed down the same route. Radley has been ok recently but he also has a bad run with HIA’s for a while.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Was a send off everyday of the week. Made no attempt to get low, also Taafe was still pretty upright and was not slipping. Taafe was knocked out straight away and could not take any further part. Should have got 4-6 weeks. Crazy he will get away with 2.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nothing like seeing tomato head fuming over that one. Send off every day of the week.. though not sure if he got sent for the hit or for showing his man boobs on tv. Either way it was the right decision.

Better luck next time Robbo!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nothing like seeing tomato head fuming over that one. Send off every day of the week.. though not sure if he got sent for the hit or for showing his man boobs on tv. Either way it was the right decision.

Better luck next time Robbo!

Mate I’m as hetro as a bloke can be … but even I’ve got to admit, every female watching would have been glued to the screen during that walk off, and probably even drooling a little, got to admit he’s quite the specimen .. I’m sure like SBW did back in the day, Dom earned himself a lot of new female and probably male fans during that send off ..

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
NRL needs to do a full audit of Roosters training practices as a lot of their games lead to HIA’s both to their players and the opposition
They’ve also ruined countless careers due to head knocks. Cordner, Friend, Keary, Teddy (10 HIA’s cat 1 in the last 2.5 years), and Walker looks to be headed down the same route. Radley has been ok recently but he also has a bad run with HIA’s for a while.
They also need to investigate Fijians. That's twice now that Teddy has been knocked out after Sivo.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I mean say what he has to to help minimise the damage. But Dom was obviously in a bad mood and got what he deserved. The Roosters thought they were going to beat us and they hated us - so us beating them was a humiliation in their eyes - you could see it in Kleary in the presser - made me very happy to see how gutted he was lol
Cooper Cronk smashed him on the coverage.

Said it was the only tackle he made all night

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Canterbury Bulldogs general manager Phil Gould has described Dom Young's high shot on Blake Taafe as "pretty blatant" after Roosters coach Trent Robinson said a send off was "over the top".

Young was sent from the field in the 26th minute after knocking out the Bulldogs fullback on impact.

Taafe failed to return to the field while the Roosters winger was given his marching orders.

"It's not good for Blake, you don't want to see that ... (but) it wasn't a swinging arm, it was open handed, it was lower than shoulder height," he said in his post-match press conference.

"If that's the standard, that's fine but that's a new one for me, I feel like that's lower than what's been sent off before. It just feels like we can set a new standard here again, that's how it feels."

Pressed on whether he thought it was a sin bin, Robinson agreed before describing the referee's decision as "over the top".

"Definitely a sin bin, Blake's got concussed from that but again I don't have all the (previous) send offs in mind ... we've had guys stay on the field, not even go for 10 for less and I feel like that was a bit over the top," he said.

"If they come out and say that's the new (standard), there'll be a lot more send offs in our game. There should be if that's the case."

Upon hearing Robinson's comments, Gould disagreed despite his lack of approval for send offs in general.

"I don't particularly like send offs but that was probably one tonight, I think," he said on Nine's coverage.

"I can't understand the comments from the Roosters coach on that one, it was pretty blatant. I don't like send offs but if there's going to be one that's one."

Fellow league legends Andrew Johns and Paul Gallen agreed the high shot warranted a send off.
That's just Robbo being a Dobbo :grinning:

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate I’m as hetro as a bloke can be … but even I’ve got to admit, every female watching would have been glued to the screen during that walk off, and probably even drooling a little, got to admit he’s quite the specimen .. I’m sure like SBW did back in the day, Dom earned himself a lot of new female and probably male fans during that send off ..
I can picture you doing the old fatty vautin head wobble while saying that

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Remember when Thurston question him after 2019 GF. Fucking brilliant.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He got what he deserved on the day. If it's a two week suspension it's probably a bit light IMO. not sure if Young has firm for high shots or not. But he's gone in with intent and didn't miss.

If the NRL want to be serious about head injuries they need to really discourage it. It'd change pretty quickly if they said a high tackle was anything above the rib cage. Tackling around the upper chest to collarbone is a binning, Neck or head contact, damage or not, is 8 weeks and sitting out the rest of the game.