Not open for further replies.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

I posted this link as I was mentioning this kid before we signed him.. you'll see him playing fullback at times throughout this clip.. he is a fullback, but as a young player he has often been called upon to play wing.. and when he was at the falcons you have to remember he was behind faaologo who is an absolute gun and would walk into our nrl starting team.
He's got potential, and some offensive footy IQ, just the first run you see him switch ball carrying arm to the right to free his left arm for the incoming defender to fend off. Stuff like this, are those little basic 1% that players need to get right.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Last time we played Titans at Belmore a few mates and I had the hill to ourselves... we got pumped that day.
Was that around 2017 or 18 when John Olive was playing.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Probably for the first time Belmore won’t sell out. It’s barely sold anything. I assume it has to do with Ramadan , which is understandable. But it’s going to be strange looking at it half empty.
I normally sit in F9 and there are only 4 single seats left there, or F10 where there are 3 single seats and 2 pairs of seats. If it looks like rain I sit in MT6 and there is 1 only seat available there. Only a quick check, being Wednesday, but it looks well on the way to decent crowd.

Always a Bulldog

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont think there is need tbh... you can keep a solid talent on the wing and pay him a wingers rate.

There is a big reason we aren't playing Critta or Burto at FB and its because there is a kid who will own that spot for a long time.

Best to just leave it be and build the team for that FB.
Whilst true we do need to see who backs up the kid and that is if you even believe the hype on an unproven kid. He might be fantastic, could also be like a lot of unproven juniors. Is the backup Taffe, or can we punt of Wilson who we at least know is first grade standard.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I normally sit in F9 and there are only 4 single seats left there, or F10 where there are 3 single seats and 2 pairs of seats. If it looks like rain I sit in MT6 and there is 1 only seat available there. Only a quick check, being Wednesday, but it looks well on the way to decent crowd.

Always a Bulldog
There is no rain forcast till mid next week, today there's a bit but that's it

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Crichton is a centre, no he's a fullback... Taaffe is a fullback, no he's reserve grader...Kiraz is a centre, no he's a winger or he plays reserve grade... Sexton is better than Hutch, no Sexton can't tackle.... Tracey is a fullback, no he's a centre...Burton is a 5/8th, no he's a centre...Curren should be starting lock, no Salmon should......hahahahahaha...we got major issues!!

Dogs4EVA-1

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
So are you saying if we’d of chosen Webster, last season we’d of finished 4th, and if Ciraldo had chosen Warriors they’d of finished 15th ?

Sent from my iPad using The Kennel mobile app
NO, but Webster would only be 3 year deal not the ridiculous 5 year deal CC is on.. Webster also turned around SJ who was gone the year prior.. DWZ had a breakout year among others... he obviously creates a better environment and can attract top tier talent.. we aren't going anywhere so may as well do what the Knights did years ago, play young guys and get games into them.. the Safiti boys were 18-19yo starting in the front row.. Start playing the following and see what happens:
- Joash
- Eli Clark
- Damon Marshall (to see if he has it or not)
- Kautoga
- Jack Todd
- Hopoi
- BBO

and hopefully Karl O can come back (which seems a possibility now after surgery) to play 5/8 (Burton has had his time and has shown basically nothing at 5/8)

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I posted this link as I was mentioning this kid before we signed him.. you'll see him playing fullback at times throughout this clip.. he is a fullback, but as a young player he has often been called upon to play wing.. and when he was at the falcons you have to remember he was behind faaologo who is an absolute gun and would walk into our nrl starting team.
This kid is going to be a gun, has to be allowed to continue to develop and play plenty of 1st grade games …. I’d love to see him being developed as a FB, but pretty sure they’re grooming Papa for that spot, so wing it is ..

BW has only made 13 appearances and only 23, I think he’s stepped up really well, what’s he going to be like when he’s got 75/100 games under his belt and his body’s developed into a seasoned 1st grader ..

Hope we can hang onto him ..

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This kid is going to be a gun, has to be allowed to continue to develop and play plenty of 1st grade games …. I’d love to see him being developed as a FB, but pretty sure they’re grooming Papa for that spot, so wing it is ..

BW has only made 13 appearances and only 23, I think he’s stepped up really well, what’s he going to be like when he’s got 75/100 games under his belt and his body’s developed into a seasoned 1st grader ..

Hope we can hang onto him ..

I'd like to see him get a shot at fb

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Whilst true we do need to see who backs up the kid and that is if you even believe the hype on an unproven kid. He might be fantastic, could also be like a lot of unproven juniors. Is the backup Taffe, or can we punt of Wilson who we at least know is first grade standard.
Safe bet.

I understand your point though in the backup department. We seem to have plenty of options for players to shift or can recruit.

At the of the day I personally think its a solid plan.

LucasFitzo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hutchison missed 6 tackles vs the Sharks & is averaging 4.5 missed tackles per game for the Bulldogs. Sexton averaged 2.6 missed tackles per game last season for the Bulldogs in a worse team.

So I don't want to hear about Sexton having bad defense.
Hey, i am just saying what i saw in the first two games. Watch it for yourself and it's reserve grade lol

I actually like Sexton more aswell but i am just saying his defence has been bad in the two games.

Status
Not open for further replies.