Zane Tetevano signs a one-year deal

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah true. But Tassie isn't part of the clown crew. He's entitled to his opinion and is a true supporter. Where as the clown crew disagrees with everything the club does no matter what. Gus could sign Tino, Haas, Cleary and Reece Walsh and they would complain it took too long.
Wait. People are throwing me into the clow crew mix too now?

Oh, exciting times for me haha

Appreciate you saying nice things about me mate.

The supposed beauty of this page, to me at least, is listening to lots of different views and opinions.

Often I learn from that and change my mind too.

I was all for this signing to start off with, but after hearing a few talk about his past I get what they're saying.

Footy should just be about footy. Would make it so much easier.

But ....it isn't ...

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Tbh couldn’t give a less fuck about his past. Who knows what skeletons NRL players hide in there closets I’ll judge what he does on the field.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Pretty much means if any player in the future has a past we shouldn’t be afraid to sign them.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

The supposed beauty of this page, to me at least, is listening to lots of different views and opinions.

I was all for this signing to start off with, but after hearing a few talk about his past I get what they're saying.

But ....it isn't ...
welcome to the clown crew club

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I feel honoured. When is the presentation?
I’ve been working as a spy who uses their body to try and get you to defect for half a decade. I have succeeded, they will honour me at home

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Reminds me of the scene from IT where his little brother tries to kill him in the flooded basement
I don't watch that stuff, too scary for me.

Robdog111

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

But ....it isn't ...
Sweet as bro! I think realistically most people on this page generally agree on most things which itself is a good thing too. It shows we are united as supporters. Obviously we can't all agree on everything though.

Robdog111

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If I killed someone 10 years ago, but I didn't kill anyone else that means redemption?
These are separate things - obviously murder is way worse. I think you know this though- there seems to be a theme with true criminals- they regularly recommit. Whether it's drug dealers, junkies, theft, rape and DV. They seem to recommit and as soon as they get out of jail they are back before the courts. Do you see that with Zane? I don’t. That's why I say it appears as though he had redeemed himself. Is there 100% confidence from me that he won't recommit? Nope he might do it again, but that's the risk with redemption. At least you are giving someone a chance to better themselves. I don't believe in shunning people forever for making mistakes. If they repeat it after a 2nd chance thats when I will turn my back.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
These are separate things - obviously murder is way worse. I think you know this though- there seems to be a theme with true criminals- they regularly recommit. Whether it's drug dealers, junkies, theft, rape and DV. They seem to recommit and as soon as they get out of jail they are back before the courts. Do you see that with Zane? I don’t. That's why I say it appears as though he had redeemed himself. Is there 100% confidence from me that he won't recommit? Nope he might do it again, but that's the risk with redemption. At least you are giving someone a chance to better themselves. I don't believe in shunning people forever for making mistakes. If they repeat it after a 2nd chance thats when I will turn my back.
Of course they're two different things, but when we look at crime often we look too much at the criminals.

Has he redeemed himself? Has he shown remorse? 10 years is a long time. We all deserve 2nd chances.

Ok and I also believe in that.

But ... we are forgetting the victim in all of this. Would his ex be over this after 10 years? Would her family have forgiven? Would her trauma not be passed onto her own family and young ones?

I'd say this is why saying 10 years is enough time and that we all deserve a second chance is just too simple a way to look at it.

Which is why I understand those on here criticising his signing.

I still don't know where I stand tbh as I can definitely see both sides