OFFICIAL | GAME DAY ROUND 2 TRIAL | Bulldogs vs Sharks | Discussion thread (8pm @ BSG)

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Geez there's some fucking socks after a 6 point trial Loss.
tell you what I’m gonna start banning people who complain like kids.

It was their FIRST game together, what the hell do you expect? We knew that our side had a lot of orthodox players playing some positions. I’m glad we lost by two SUPER SUPER soft tries. Grow up

we look better than last year. MIND you all Cronulla still had more than half their side playing and we changed our team to New South Wales cup players.

so if you look at that that has to be a great result for our club. I don’t know what you guys are watching, but Cronulla had still most of their players on the field.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Poasa isn’t the answer for me either. Think he’s going to struggle this year. Did Hughes get HIA?? Didn’t see him for long

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
What was more awful was his performance. Smiling and joking around with critta on the sideline is a slap to the fucking face. He should be hanging his head in shame
To break it down… Taaffes mistakes actually come from intent to do well, he is passionate and that leads to over playing his hand. I remember the games for the bunnies he alone killed us that night last year. Once it clicks he will be fine, new team, nerves etc. once Critta has stamped his mark, he will help him calm. And be good for him… ALL the other players!!

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Is belmore narrower then standard footy fields ? Always seems that way and attack suffers. If you compare it to the game last year we’ve made up a lot of ground on the sharks. I think Gus and Ciro will be pleased

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not wrong, christ can we calm down, we lost by 6 to a team whos absolutely battered us the last few times we played them and we lost to a lad who wont play round 1 making an error when most of our first graders had come off. The attack deffo needs work but defensively much better and promising.
Thats my read on things too mate.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You’re right costed us a top 8 finish
I am feeling really good for this year, we looked solid and crisp in attack. Players know their roles, we worked to plans targeting Sharkies smaller players one on one with our left side attack. Short kicking game was solid and the long amazing, strong work done by our backs getting us out of trouble every set starting in our own half. Strong leadership from Ciraldo, he picked his side in November after the first stretching session and he was 100% right.

Son Of Dogzilla

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
All this negative bullshit as per usual …. There are way more positives in this team this year than the last few years … it’s a fucking trial lighten the fuck up ….. we still are not a top 8 side as much as we all would like them to be so let the season unfold and see where we end up ..

Jebbundy

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Can’t put that on our halves, the errors gave a team with a smaller forward pack no chance at building pressure.
Good signs defensively we were so much better.
points will come but we held out a sharks outfit that made the finals the last few yrs.
its a trial, Burton is definitely working his way out of a team being built around him. But the team defended well.
slightly flat but optimistic.
Taff will have a few snapping at his heals. Tracey maybe there sooner rather than later.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
All this negative bullshit as per usual …. There are way more positives in this team this year than the last few years … it’s a fucking trial lighten the fuck up ….. we still are not a top 8 side as much as we all would like them to be so let the season unfold and see where we end up ..
People are frustrated because we could be so much better….. we are being held back by a terrible coach and recruitment plan

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
CC can slot into FB when needed.
Looks like Ciraldo will stick with Hutchison, Salmon and Taafe for round 1.
I wasn't convinced.
And not enough game time to assess Sexton, Mann, Curran and Papalii.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
No one expected us in the second trial to look like prime Panthers but if you can’t see there are systematic issues with our team that won’t be fixed with better form a few weeks into the season
Again, if you're expecting everything to be rosy by Round 1 then your expectations are way way off. Sorry.

It doesn't matter what CC has done in preseaon, it takes time.

Is he the right coach? Are we going to go well?

Fuck knows. But I'm certainly not chucking the towel in after a 6 point trial loss to the Sharks?

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’ve never defended anything Critta has said?
Just your comment about a positive crew giving it to newbies and then there is this tool Carrying on as usual at others who observe the game different to him

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
tell you what I’m gonna start banning people who complain like kids.

It was their FIRST game together, what the hell do you expect? We knew that our side had a lot of orthodox players playing some positions. I’m glad we lost by two SUPER SUPER soft tries. Grow up

we look better than last year. MIND you all Cronulla still had more than half their side playing and we changed our team to New South Wales cup players.

so if you look at that that has to be a great result for our club. I don’t know what you guys are watching, but Cronulla had still most of their players on the field.
Abuse of power

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Some proper weirdos judging a trial as if its the GF, we ve been awful for years, not just gonna turn into a top side after 1 trial game
People pointing out systematic failures are weird?