BULLDOGS PLAYER TRADE

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think everyone will be surprised with our boys.. no doubt we may pick up a genuine good value prop throughout the season too.
The only ones who will be surprised are those who predict us to come top 8

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We dodged a bullet. Could you imagine the uproar if De Belin’s alleged assault was committed as a bulldogs player?
This is just bias, it was the leading new story for days and was reported non stop until its conclusion. He was guilty be default from the media

MirandaDog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
So we all know there’s zero decent middle forwards that are off contract so the only way you could get one from another club is through a trade deal.

Makes sense so far right?

So the next thing is to consider what Bulldogs players other teams would want and where their roster is weak and what would be a mutually beneficial trade.

So first of all let’s have a look at the:

Raiders

They desperately need a half after losing Wighton and in particular a 5/8 to play with Fogarty. Their strength is their forward pack.

So an example of a fair trade would be:

Matt Burton for Josh Papalii.

I think the Raiders would snap that deal up and Papalii would fill the middle void perfectly. Of course he’s only got a couple of good seasons left in him so this deal would leave us with heaps of cap space moving forward. Potentially to sign an origin 5/8 like Tom Deardon or see how KO develops. I’d also like to think Papalii would be good for some our young props development.

Next up is…

The Dragons

They too need a half to play alongside Hunt and in all likelihood he’ll have to be replaced in the near future as well. I know they’ve got Flanno but he’s proven to be a back up at best. They also need a fullback with Sloan proving unreliable.

Potential trade deal:

Jack De Belin for Blake Taffe

Obviously Jack would toughen up our middle and Taffe would cover their halves and FB positions nicely.

Between Critter, Tracey, Sexton and Hutcho we can cover the FB and HB spots easily.

The Eels

They are in a premiership window but need a bit of extra class out wide. They have Sivo and Penisini but the other wing and centre spot is wide open.

Trade:

Josh Addo Carr for Wiremu Greig

Greig looked great and had real impact for the Eels last season. Of course it would be better to get Paulo or RCG but let’s at least be semi realistic here because the Eels aren’t gonna let them go.

We have so much depth in the outside backs and we need a forward more than we need a winger. Plus how much good can the Fox really do behind a beaten forward pack?

Cowboys are another team that comes to mind…

So anyway you can see what I’m getting at. We’ve got so much depth in the outside backs and halves now that surely there’s a trade deal there somewhere.

I didn’t intend this to be too serious but thought it would be a good conversation starter.

Let me know what you think!

Do you have any trade deals that at so crazy they might work?

What would our team list look like if it happened?
Wat eva Nashi. Go the Doggs

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I’m not judging JDB at all. All I’m saying was that it would have been made bigger than it already was had it been a doggies player
I am saying it could not have been made any bigger.

Robdog111

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Interesting to see Zac Hosking released from his contract effective immediately.
Trey Mooney cannot be too happy about that.

Robdog111

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Trey Mooney will be A Dog
Well I hope so. All I can see is that, with all of the signings by Ricky Stuart in the 2nd and front row - Trey Mooney will barely play a game of first grade in the next 2 years.

battered sav

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The raider's would be mad to let him leave. Can't see this happening. That's just going off his highlights package though.
If Gus could pull it off it would mean he bypasses legendary and immortal status and becomes God.

Mr T

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Well I hope so. All I can see is that, with all of the signings by Ricky Stuart in the 2nd and front row - Trey Mooney will barely play a game of first grade in the next 2 years.
Hosking and Mooney play different positions. More likely that Mooney takes Saulo's spot.

Lost Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Why on earth did we not sign Zac Hoskings. Standing nearly two meters tall with great work ethic the raiders have done well with this lad. Easily adapt as a middle. Father David Hoskings a former player and living legend who went by the name of mule. We could have done with some extra legs.