The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I'm sorry but I have to ask....

What is a woman?

Yes I just watched that documentary and I don't know whether to laugh at or cry for humanity.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Apparently researchers are developing mRNA vaccines to prevent cancer recurrence now by taking tissue samples and incorporating them into the vaccine to target a person's individual tumour genetics. A trial on melanoma patients has produced some positive results and they are planning to start exploring use in other forms of cancer.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Apparently researchers are developing mRNA vaccines to prevent cancer recurrence now by taking tissue samples and incorporating them into the vaccine to target a person's individual tumour genetics. A trial on melanoma patients has produced some positive results and they are planning to start exploring use in other forms of cancer.
Oh shit. You don't know what you have just started.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I didn't do it to throw the cat amongst the pigeons, I swear. I just thought it was interesting.
It is very interesting. 1900s was a century of industrial/technological advancement (at rapid pace).

2000s are going to be a century of biological discovery and advancement at a pace never seen before.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It has been announced that NANOGrav and the National Science Foundation will be performing a live briefing at (our time) 3AM on Friday the 30th of June.

Link is available here.

Join Us for our Live Briefing! | NANOGrav

Details of what will be released has not been confirmed, however it has the potential to be a very important announcement.

The discovery and the mapping of Cosmic Microwave Background gave us a very young view of what the universe looked like, ‘just’ after the big bang. Just after in cosmic terms means ~400 thousand years after the big bang.

The discovery recently that not only is there a Cosmic Microwave Background there was also a Gravitational Wave Background that could help us understand the early universe too, but rather than 400 thousand years it would be 10 -32 seconds after the big bang. For those not familiar with that format think of it as 1/10 32 or 1/100000000000000000000000000000000 seconds or to put it another way, the time that light travels ~0.000001 of the diameter of a proton. So even in our own understandings of time just after the big bang is accurate.

Some of my numbers may not be accurate, i.e. maybe I have an extra or not enough 0’s

Also, an hour later another briefing will occur about neutrinos, no evidence suggests a reason for the correlation of both of these briefings, interestingly in the science community there has been suggestions of a possible Cosmic Neutrino Background, some suggest that this dates back to ~1 second after the big bang. But the problem has always been detecting neutrinos as they rarely interact with matter.

It is entirely possible that our understanding of the universe may have changed before we all wake up on Friday morning.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm sorry but I have to ask....

What is a woman?
Not science.
don’t you know a woman is nothing… and everything. She, sorry they, has no distinguishing features that make they different to any other… nothing… or everything?

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
…and if you’ve got a strong stomach, look into the tokaimura criticality accident.
WARNING, a lot of the documentaries contain photographs of that poor bloke.
Def not for everyone.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Im forever watching luthiers build and repair instruments. This bloke is a little bit goofy but he sure does know his trade. Here he provides some great info into the growth, the effects of climate and history of European spruce often used on the soundboards (tops) of stringed acoustic instruments.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
100 years today a discovery was made that paved the way for confirming the Universe is a much larger place than what was originally thought. Original thought was that 'smudges' such as the Andromeda Galaxy were simply nebulosity within the Milkyway Galaxy. But Hubble discovered a type of variable luminosity star 100 years ago today that allowed for him to measure the distance between us and it, and confirmed it had to be outside the Milkyway.

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saw this today.
It reminded me of discussions about the date of human existence I had here earlier.
Thought that there would also be some interested in the article at face value too.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Is there a reason we're not terraforming on earth? Like Musk is spending billions to get to mars but what's he actually going to do when he gets there? We could fit a fuck off next kber of people in the middle of Australia. Anyway I'm high fyi

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Is there a reason we're not terraforming on earth? Like Musk is spending billions to get to mars but what's he actually going to do when he gets there? We could fit a fuck off next kber of people in the middle of Australia. Anyway I'm high fyi
Terraforming is just changing the environment and climate to make it more hospitable for humans. We're pretty much planning to do that with several measures to avoid climate change catastrophe.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Make a cup of coffee and enjoy,

Must have been a bit of a let down for Jurassic Park fans to find that Mosasaurs are not anywhere near as large as depicted in the movies.
In fact, Tylosaurs are a larger version, and the Pliosaur, Kronosaurus Queenslandicus is even bigger.
There is a full size mock up of the Kronosaur at Kronosaurus Korner, Richmond Qld.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Terraforming is just changing the environment and climate to make it more hospitable for humans. We're pretty much planning to do that with several measures to avoid climate change catastrophe.
What about The Line? Is that considered terraforming of just fuck off Saudi money doing fuck off things. I'm not high anymore, idk why I was thinking about this last night.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
What about The Line? Is that considered terraforming of just fuck off Saudi money doing fuck off things. I'm not high anymore, idk why I was thinking about this last night.
Not really terraforming. Just an attempt to make a new style smart city. But many don't think it's feasible.