WWOS MOLE Terrell May

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
There's other forwards coming off contract then just Terrell May that have a heap of potential and will give just as good a service. If Manu resigns with Chooks I think Gus will be in prime position.
If he doesn't sign i still won't panic. There are still multiple great options coming thru.
We need a couple of really good middles off contract and there aren't many in that category.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Critta, kikau, fox, Mahoney, xerri and burton don’t really strike me as desperate or players struggling for clubs.
He wasn't involved with signing Burton or Fox. Re-signing Burton on overs reportedly yes. We were likely the top bidders for Critta and Kikau and only bidders for Xerri. Mahoney yes but Api might have been a better choice there also. Paying Gus a MIL a season with our war chest for 2024 Gus said we had I expected to have done a lot better in the market by now. Still can't believe we don't have a decent prop for 2024 or possibly 2025. Not a great 7 or rockstar fullback and our 6 is average. Tigers recruitment I'd say now has been better in the last 2 years than us and they aren't paying a Gus type recruitment manager anywhere near a MIL a season. In 2025 they'll have a better spine and better pack than us. Gus is building our juniors yes but last time we won the reserve grade comp it failed to help our NRL team hardly at all. The most significant player from that was f..king Okunbor

Last edited:

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Is he staying at Roosters…

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reckon May is sitting on his hands waiting to see if there is an opening at panthers now luai is not around.
Likely if he was coming to us would have signed by now. We have had two months to convince him and have plenty of cash to splash.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
He wasn't involved with signing Burton or Fox. Re-signing Burton on overs reportedly yes. We were likely the top bidders for Critta and Kikau and only bidders for Xerri. Mahoney yes but Api might have been a better choice there also. Paying Gus a MIL a season with our war chest for 2024 Gus said we had I expected to have done a lot better in the market by now. Still can't believe we don't have a decent prop for 2024 or possibly 2025. Not a great 7 or rockstar fullback and our 6 is average. Tigers recruitment I'd say now has been better in the last 2 years than us and they aren't paying a Gus type recruitment manager anywhere near a MIL a season. In 2025 they'll have a better spine and better pack than us
So burton on closer to half of Luai is overs?

Xerri also is recorded in an interview I watched stating basically every club chased a meeting with him and singley pointed out Gus was all he needed to hear.

Suggest you go watch and edit your post.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So burton on closer to half of Luai is overs?

Xerri also is recorded in an interview I watched stating basically every club chased a meeting with him and singley pointed out Gus was all he needed to hear.

Suggest you go watch and edit your post.
Burton at 800K or more is overs yes for what he's produced so far. He doesn't have a passing game. He doesn't even use his big bombs any more ? He hardly runs either and he doesn't talk on the field to organise according to reports.

I read an interview with Xerri where he said Gus was the first to reach out and there was one other club showed interest but when he met with Gus he convinced him

If the Tigers finish higher than us in 2025 Gus should be paid out and moved on. It's not that difficult to spot and sign talented juniors. I highly doubt Gus is spending a lot of time watching junior games. He'd be relying heavily on recommendations from other scouts.

Last edited:

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Burton at 800K or more is overs yes for what he's produced so far. He doesn't have a passing game. He doesn't even use his big bombs any more ? He hardly runs either and he doesn't talk on the field to organise according to reports.

I read an interview with Xerri where he said Gus was the first to reach out and there was one other club showed interest but when he met with Gus he convinced him

If the Tigers finish higher than us in 2025 Gus should be paid out and moved on. It's not that difficult to spot and sign talented juniors. I highly doubt Gus is spending a lot of time watching junior games. He'd be relying heavily on recommendations from other scouts.
Yes and kiraz and Preston were terrible spots. Our jrs flying when ran by previous mob?

Brooks just got out of a 1+ contract and picked up at manly for what 600k?

I dare say Burton at 800k is a lock if we didn’t want it?

Cmon now.

Least you admit xerri point now. Half heartedly.

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Gus has made a choice of not spending extreme overs on players to bring to the club. He's focused on pathway programmes/junior systems which we've lacked since 2012/2013 fans won't notice the players coming through possibly till next year and onwards. Gus vision is long term success and panthers wouldn't be where they are if it wasn't for Gus sorting out their systems and putting it together for the club. Were headed in the right direction.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

Honestly can we stop or delete these stupid negative posts that are so far wrong it isnt funny
TTurbo has already given you burton stats
Your embarrassing yourself

Robdog111

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Honestly can we stop or delete these stupid negative posts that are so far wrong it isnt funny
TTurbo has already given you burton stats
Your embarrassing yourself
Just block the negativity. It's the only way to stop listening to whiny sooks. Otherwise it does your head in and all you will end up doing is arguing with whiny little bitches all day.

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
If Gus fails to get Terrell May he's f..king failed his mission in my eyes and not worth half the $ he's on. I'd bet we didn't even make Mam an offer. Gus seems to sit around waiting for people to call him (who want to play for the Dogs). Yes the desperate ones will reach out and say that. Not the not so desperate ones
I’m a big fan of Gus… but he has failed big time in addressing our depth at Prop issues that’s been plaguing us since Gus came on board during Covid where we had to ask for 2 x Raiders forwards.

BlackJackBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
He wasn't involved with signing Burton or Fox. Re-signing Burton on overs reportedly yes. We were likely the top bidders for Critta and Kikau and only bidders for Xerri. Mahoney yes but Api might have been a better choice there also. Paying Gus a MIL a season with our war chest for 2024 Gus said we had I expected to have done a lot better in the market by now. Still can't believe we don't have a decent prop for 2024 or possibly 2025. Not a great 7 or rockstar fullback and our 6 is average. Tigers recruitment I'd say now has been better in the last 2 years than us and they aren't paying a Gus type recruitment manager anywhere near a MIL a season. In 2025 they'll have a better spine and better pack than us. Gus is building our juniors yes but last time we won the reserve grade comp it failed to help our NRL team hardly at all. The most significant player from that was f..king Okunbor
As far as the Gus equivalents at other clubs, who are they and how much are they paid?