Dragons and Dogs in, Roosters out of Addin Fonua-Blake race amid new Warriors clause

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Shane Richardson just said on SEN that the Tiepies have withdrawn interest in AFB. Sounds like they are all in on the lil bitch from Penif.

Oh, and the New Boss Richardson just tipped the Onetooths as specials to win the comp in 24.. What a bad man for not suggesting it would be Wests.
Makes me feel either dragons have really put an offer no one else is prepared to match or clubs shying away for whatever reason. Not gonna lie; still hope we land him unless it’s 4-5 year deals.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Shane Richardson just said on SEN that the Tiepies have withdrawn interest in AFB. Sounds like they are all in on the lil bitch from Penif.

Oh, and the New Boss Richardson just tipped the Onetooths as specials to win the comp in 24.. What a bad man for not suggesting it would be Wests.
...straight out of the book of Gus.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Makes me feel either dragons have really put an offer no one else is prepared to match or clubs shying away for whatever reason. Not gonna lie; still hope we land him unless it’s 4-5 year deals.
I imagine a 4 yr deal (if Dargs are really offering that), would be hard to pass up at Addin’s age. Especially on the reported figures. I’m really not surprised if we’re out of the race, if his management has told Gus that deal is on the table.

Hounddub

Waterboy
Reaction score
Just for the sake of balance to this discussion, AFB has never actually seen out a contract with any club he's joined. Terminated from St George for assaulting his girlfriend, granted an early release from Manly sighting the need to relocate his young family away from Sydney, and now seeking and early release from the Warriors so as to relocate his family back to Sydney.

It really doesn't read well and he's certainly a proven liability for clubs who have signed him. Great season in 2023 doesn't excuse the simple facts that he's unreliable. Personally I think going after the May boys is a way better option.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Just for the sake of balance to this discussion, AFB has never actually seen out a contract with any club he's joined. Terminated from St George for assaulting his girlfriend, granted an early release from Manly sighting the need to relocate his young family away from Sydney, and now seeking and early release from the Warriors so as to relocate his family back to Sydney.

It really doesn't read well and he's certainly a proven liability for clubs who have signed him. Great season in 2023 doesn't excuse the simple facts that he's unreliable. Personally I think going after the May boys is a way better option.
I don’t think he’s going to backflip a third time and go to NZ

Hounddub

Waterboy
Reaction score
I reckon he'll take the coin and join the peptide army
I suspect you're right, but my instinct tells me that he really wants to end up at Refern. Being a Mascot junior and supposedly everything he values is "family" means that his whole clan would be died in the wall Bunnies supporters.

The Bunnies would only need to move Big Tom and Cook on and they'd have the cash to bring him in for 2025. Just saying.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Wouldn’t surprise me if this is why Gus and the club decided not to pursue him. Reads a bit like TPJ albeit AFB has performed better in his career to date. I think if there was any indication he wasn’t all-in on (potentially) joining the club they’d be off him. Same as how they probably gave TPJ a nudge, since he has never been fully committed to being an NRL player.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Big signing for the sharks, didn’t see that coming. Fitzy good at keeping things in the low

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
we aren't signing any big name players to change our fortune's anytime soon, the only way off the bottom of the ladder now is to start developing our own.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Finucane's contract is front ended. He only earns 300k in 2025. Helped them get AFB.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score

Honestly if this is the case it’s pretty weak by us.
He’s played for three clubs in ten years. Hardly ADD shiz. He has been upfront and honest with intentions in both.
Alsp why would he backflip a third time? Would be comical if he wanted out of Sydneyagain.
And besides
IF he did want out of any deal with the doggs- we would be in a great position to do some player swap. So why not?
We would also have a mil to replace him with and a milllion gets players talking.
We would have a strong element of control in things if he tries to screw us
It feels like we have been praying for a top line prop so Xenu sent us a gift and we didn’t take it.
We need some ‘best in business’ players that aren’t in meaningless positions

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Big signing for the sharks, didn’t see that coming. Fitzy good at keeping things in the low
I remember Riccio saying about a month ago that the sharks were a big hope. They cleared Tracey, Moylan and a few others.

Smart move from all. Sharks are in a premiership window but lack a gun middle. AFB moves to a club that has a chance to win a comp and still gets great coin.

They would want to cash in early though in regards to a premiership. He will be 29 before he laces up a boot for them