Rumour Addin Fonua-Blake

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
This is all just pure copium from everyone saying ‘He has a plan B’ like just stfu honestly. A top 2 prop is available, just fucking get him ffs. No excuses to not even make an offer. Disgraceful

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is all just pure copium from everyone saying ‘He has a plan B’ like just stfu honestly. A top 2 prop is available, just fucking get him ffs. No excuses to not even make an offer. Disgraceful
Maybe he asked for $1.5M? Is that not a good enough excuse not to make an offer? You don’t know the details so take your own advice and stfu

Craystar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We are short 2-3 quality props, without a doubt

$1.1m for a prop is a lot of dough, especially going through AFB history

For a total of $1.1m we could probably sign Klemmer & May

For 1.1m is it better to have AFB only or Klemmer & May?

Weidler reporting this, is obviously coming from Gus....What does this "no offer" mean? Who the fuck knows!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We are short 2-3 quality props, without a doubt

$1.1m for a prop is a lot of dough, especially going through AFB history

For a total of $1.1m we could probably sign Klemmer & May

For 1.1m is it better to have AFB only or Klemmer & May?

Weidler reporting this, is obviously coming from Gus....What does this "no offer" mean? Who the fuck knows!
The only notable signing @ prop Gus has made since joining us is Sutton. I just don't think he's interested in spending any sort of real money in that area.

Craystar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The only notable signing @ prop Gus has made since joining us is Sutton. I just don't think he's interested in spending any sort of real money in that area.
I think so as well, and he is treading with caution as he should

I don't think big money on props especially on long term deals has worked out well across the comp

I think the biggest issue is the actual term of the deals....You could cop a 3 year deal, but these 5, 8, 10 year deals are ludicrous imo

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I think so as well, and he is treading with caution as he should

I don't think big money on props especially on long term deals has worked out well across the comp

I think the biggest issue is the actual term of the deals....You could cop a 3 year deal, but these 5, 8, 10 year deals are ludicrous imo
I don't really agree. Panthers signed Tamou and Merrin under on what was big money at the time and both played a crucial role in ushering Panthers next gen forwards in RCG, JFH, etc. Who do our young pups have? No one. It's been the same story for years with us trying to blood youngsters into a squad without the right quality or experience around them. Gus doesn't seem to have an issue with throwing money around at other areas.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't really agree. Panthers signed Tamou and Merrin under on what was big money at the time and both played a crucial role in ushering Panthers next gen forwards in RCG, JFH, etc. Who do our young pups have? No one. It's been the same story for years with us trying to blood youngsters into a squad without the right quality or experience around them. Gus doesn't seem to have an issue with throwing money around at other areas.
Kurt Mann and Ryan Sutton will teach the lads

Craystar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Those players were not on long term deals...Panthers biggest ACE at the time was Maloney

Gus was trying to get that experienced prop now in SST to help the young ones coming through

In regards to the training side of things, you have Mason, Orge, Asotasi, Ryan & Jackson, and that's a damn fine list

All these utility signings are not big money signings, and they are on short deals...These signings are great signings for NSW Cup as they will help the young flegg guys transition to cup & first grade

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Those players were not on long term deals...Panthers biggest ACE at the time was Maloney

Gus was trying to get that experienced prop now in SST to help the young ones coming through

In regards to the training side of things, you have Mason, Orge, Asotasi, Ryan & Jackson, and that's a damn fine list

All these utility signings are not big money signings, and they are on short deals...These signings are great signings for NSW Cup as they will help the young flegg guys transition to cup & first grade
I don't agree