Whipper Snipper

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Same - got Ryobi mower, whipper, edger and hedge trimmer all with interchangeable batteries. Works a treat - have 3 batteries keeping one on charge while the other two do the work - never run out of power. I went electric for the blower/vac thinking I’d need the power and hence almost never use it - elbow grease instead. Something to be said for wireless!
Yeah I really am not keen to have any cords hanging out the wall whilst I’m using the tools. Too dangerous with the kids around. The blow vac isn’t too bad with 4 ah or higher battery. I’m thinking of getting a standard Ryobi vacuum for the house. I have the iRobot but the mapping wasn’t crash hot so it mostly stays in the same area

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Would like to hear some of you guys thoughts. My Stihl 2 stroke whippy is on last legs. Will be purchasing a new one shortly, not sure whether to continue with 2 stroke or change up and go battery. My lawn is standard size, nothing too extravagant.
Battery all the way!! Just bought a makita snipper and pole saw combo and absolutely love it!! 2 5amphr batteries last plenty long enough, and it has loads of power. Way more then my stihl snipper I had before! Also have a makita blower, and its amazing too!!!
If you already have batteries, it's a no brainer.

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I purchased the double battery DeWalt Mower, the 54v DeWalt Blower and 54v Whipper Snipper and it’s been working well for the past 3.5yrs.

If I had my time again…. I would have purchased the Makita range!

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Battery last 20 minutes on the ryobi works well but I have a decent size front and backyard some weed whacking so will probably go back to 2 stroke.

If your lawn is simple to do then get the ryobi.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’m not sure what old mate prefers.. When he is here next I will ask him.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Buy goats. If they don't work out, you have dinner etc sorted.

I know, I am so helpful.
The freaky eyed little pricks will eat all your garden too haha

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I live in the bush.
2 stroke only for me.
i regularly need to fill up mid mow. Batteries aren’t gonna cut it.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I live in the bush.
2 stroke only for me.
i regularly need to fill up mid mow. Batteries aren’t gonna cut it.
Definitely makes sense if your using it all day long. But I have loads of batteries, and they fast charge in an hour anyway.