My Backline For trials Update.

Old Whitey

New Pup
Reaction score
Obviously I didn't make it clear that my first 1-7 were to trial in First Grade.

My second 1-7 were to trial in NSW Cup. Everyone agrees Perham is not a no1, but could he be a no.6? If he doesn't perform in 2024 he is finished anyway.

I am apparently stupid wanting Xerri to play for 30-40 minutes in a trial at no 6. Who knows he may be a bigger version of Terry Lamb? After all it is only a TRIAL!!
And with what I've read he has been training since March. With pre season training as well, he would only be lacking match fitness & I believe that is what trials are for.

However, a vast majority on this site are happy to see two of the best centres in the NRL, play permanently in 1 & 6. (Are they stupid also?) They did win a premiership playing in the centres, did they not?

I feel sorry for Burton, if he had stayed at Penrith he would have won another two premierships. He has been tried at 7, not good, he has been tried at 6, & I have read he wants to succeed there & no doubt we are all behind him, so let's hope he does. But please let's not still be shuffling players around mid season trying to find their best positions. I admire young Burton for giving his all when joining a team at the bottom end of the ladder to the team he left.

Great news re young Oloapu. Hopefully he will be able to return in due course, but the rest of his life is more important than football.

And lastly to all the immature foul mouths that frequent this site. Your only agenda in life appears to be to put down anyone who contributes regarding football.
So you learnt how to swear in primary when you were 8-10, & it appears that's all you are still capable of.
If this is a football forum I would suggest you either contribute, grow up or shut up!! All you are doing is proving to the rest of the Kennelers what low intelligence you have.

And no I am not Nasheed, who obviously has a good time getting you lot to bite. I was born in 1939, & followed the Blue Bags up until they got kicked out of the comp.
Ask your Grand Parents about Reckitts Blue Bags.

The Dogs are blue & white so I've been a supporter since the early 80's. Old Whitey signing off permanently, & leaving you foul mouths to continue on sniping at each other.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Obviously I didn't make it clear that my first 1-7 were to trial in First Grade.

My second 1-7 were to trial in NSW Cup. Everyone agrees Perham is not a no1, but could he be a no.6? If he doesn't perform in 2024 he is finished anyway.

I am apparently stupid wanting Xerri to play for 30-40 minutes in a trial at no 6. Who knows he may be a bigger version of Terry Lamb? After all it is only a TRIAL!!
And with what I've read he has been training since March. With pre season training as well, he would only be lacking match fitness & I believe that is what trials are for.

However, a vast majority on this site are happy to see two of the best centres in the NRL, play permanently in 1 & 6. (Are they stupid also?) They did win a premiership playing in the centres, did they not?

I feel sorry for Burton, if he had stayed at Penrith he would have won another two premierships. He has been tried at 7, not good, he has been tried at 6, & I have read he wants to succeed there & no doubt we are all behind him, so let's hope he does. But please let's not still be shuffling players around mid season trying to find their best positions. I admire young Burton for giving his all when joining a team at the bottom end of the ladder to the team he left.

Great news re young Oloapu. Hopefully he will be able to return in due course, but the rest of his life is more important than football.

And lastly to all the immature foul mouths that frequent this site. Your only agenda in life appears to be to put down anyone who contributes regarding football.
So you learnt how to swear in primary when you were 8-10, & it appears that's all you are still capable of.
If this is a football forum I would suggest you either contribute, grow up or shut up!! All you are doing is proving to the rest of the Kennelers what low intelligence you have.

And no I am not Nasheed, who obviously has a good time getting you lot to bite. I was born in 1939, & followed the Blue Bags up until they got kicked out of the comp.
Ask your Grand Parents about Reckitts Blue Bags.

The Dogs are blue & white so I've been a supporter since the early 80's. Old Whitey signing off permanently, & leaving you foul mouths to continue on sniping at each other.
Our new kit looks too much like blue bags for my liking with those white shorts :grinning: My grand parents would go and watch them when the Berries weren't playing :grinning:

Sorry you haven't enjoyed your Kennel experience. It is like a cesspool at times. Be great if Mods could step in a bit sooner, if posters can't self manage their responses to opinions given on here. There is a lot of anger and unnecessary abuse going on atm. Sorry you copped it from some. Always worse in pre-season.

There has been a lot of fake accounts etc so some kennellers are expecting the worse of new kennellers I guess and that may explain some of the smartie comments...gonna give you the benefit of the doubt on that one re Nasheed ;)

I still think there's plenty on here who do appreciate debating ideas without abuse so hang in there if you can change your mind.

PaxMaxi1980

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Let’s trial Xerri at Prop! It would be more useful. Seriously though, the best thing we can do is give him as much time at centre in the trials as possible. He hasn’t played for four years remember. You’re not stupid but your idea is way, way out there! Try not to let the trolls get you down, it can get pretty putrid on here.

chihuahua dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hahahhaha "signing off permanently...". Okay Whitey, what you reckon about playing Max King at fullback? Being the largest body makes sense he takes the first hit up, get some momentum... right?

Crashdog

Waterboy
Reaction score
Yeah, that’s the backline I have landed on too. I can see Xerri forcing his way onto RW fairly early in the season. Xerri/Crichton right side will be dynamic. Absolute respect for Kiraz but Xerri a bigger, faster body.

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, that’s the backline I have landed on too. I can see Xerri forcing his way onto RW fairly early in the season. Xerri/Crichton right side will be dynamic. Absolute respect for Kiraz but Xerri a bigger, faster body.
I'd say Kiraz will be one of the first players picked.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Clearly another Nasheed account... This thread has Nasheed written all over it.
Not ‘clearly’.
I’ve been quiet organising a deal in Campbelltown for fireworks from Darwin to these kids. Mad profits if it goes down without drama. 800 between 3 ppl.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The only reason I didn’t put Wilson at fullback is I’ve never seen him play there and wouldn’t know how he will handle it.
He's only young,but it was his position as a Jr apparently. He doesn't mind the contact, has some pace. He probably won't get a shot at it next year though , unless things go pear shaped