Official A New Breed in Hutchinson, Mann, Turpin and Faamausili

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Tbf I'd probably start him @ halfback next year. No interest in playing him anywhere else. Taaffe is another potential halfback option, again I'm also not interested in playing him anywhere else.
Possibly end up there and wouldn't argue considering we are in desperate need of an experienced half. ... I just like the idea of having as many strike players on the field as possible including Taafe at FB, Critta in the centers, Sex and Burts in the halves and Hutcho at lock... You would imagine how much it would relieve our attack including letting Mahoney play out of dummy half.

BUT it all depends on our props.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Tbh I don’t like that style of player at lock unless we have very powerful front rowers. We probably need someone a bit more powerful at lock to compensate. I agree he has good hands but it’s not going to work very well if we can’t get on the front foot
Makes total sense... We'll probably see Curran or Presto at lock which isnt the worst idea either.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Possibly end up there and wouldn't argue considering we are in desperate need of an experienced half. ... I just like the idea of having as many strike players on the field as possible including Taafe at FB, Critta in the centers, Sex and Burts in the halves and Hutcho at lock... You would imagine how much it would relieve our attack including letting Mahoney play out of dummy half.

BUT it all depends on our props.
Taaffe isn't playing fullback, can this please end? Lol.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Taaffe isn't playing fullback, can this please end? Lol.
Yes coach! Nobody thought Perham was going to be FB last season either.

For a bloke that thinks we have a shit team and shit signings your logic of disagreeing to having as many strike players on the field in natural positions is mind boggling illogical.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

For a bloke that thinks we have a shit team and shit signings your logic of disagreeing to having as many strike players on the field in natural positions is mind boggling illogical.
Yes we did because @KiwiDog7 told us. Crichton is starting fullback, we didn't pay him a billion dollars to play centre.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score

He is a clueless fuck, never fucking happy with anything the club does. He probably works in the basement at the terrorcrap.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Makes total sense... We'll probably see Curran or Presto at lock which isnt the worst idea either.
I don’t mind Curran there because he is pretty aggressive with his running and has nice hands. I know Preston would handle it too but personally I really like the lines he runs out wide. We just need somebody to step up and feed him & Kiks quality ball!

if you still plan on going to training sessions let us know how they line up at training once some structure takes place mate.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yes we did because @KiwiDog7 told us. Crichton is starting fullback, we didn't pay him a billion dollars to play centre.
I felt the same until someone made the point he is probably worth it regardless where he plays considering the cap increases... 800k a year for a star player is probably going to be the norm in a year or two.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don’t mind Curran there because he is pretty aggressive with his running and has nice hands. I know Preston would handle it too but personally I really like the lines he runs out wide. We just need somebody to step up and feed him & Kiks quality ball!

if you still plan on going to training sessions let us know how they line up at training once some structure takes place mate.
Defo will rather I reckon they'll just be doing fitness drills to start.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Whose JT. Theres a lot more props coming available for 2025 but theres really only half a dozen that are classed as good and established props like Hamlin-Uele, Jacob Saifiti, Hargreaves, Bromwich, Papalii and Burgess. The rest are fringe or young players that need development which we already have.

Maybe up and coming props like Terrell May, Jesse Colquhoun or Pasami Saulo may be a better option than paying big money for established props. Though Jacob Saifiti would be an exception especially if we can then get his brother. But I don't think there is going to be a flood of top middles available so development may be the go.

We will also have 4 of our own props contracts ending in 2024 in King, Patolo, Hughes and Knight so we either resign them or we will need to be on the hunt for several props. I think King and Patolo will probably be resigned.
JT = Jason Taumalolo.

But yeah, there’s a small pool of quality props for 2025, no doubt we will target a couple, but the NRL is swings and roundabouts - expect the unexpected on player signings and cap pressure will start to kick in with most of the better teams doing what they can to keep all the good eggs, this will see player movement

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Yet you keep replying to my posts. lol
Really aren’t use to any attention from men in your life are you if your thinking that I’m remotely interested in talking with or to you…

If anything I’ve requested numerous time (like others) to get off our clubs forum and go pretend to be a fan again on another forum.

dawso047

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Club desperately needs two quality middle forwards King and Curran will likely be there Hughes, Knight and Patolo can fight for the final prop position.
Edwards and Salmon can fight it out for a role at lock unless CC decides to go with size than its Knight or Patolo.