Official A New Breed in Hutchinson, Mann, Turpin and Faamausili

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
We've had since November last year to recruit for 2024. A lot of these signings are desperation since there's nothing left now. There would of been other (better) options over the last year. We either weren't interested in them or missed out on them.
The Monday morning expert strikes again :-).

A yeah ago we didn’t know TPJ would retire a year early. We didn’t know Thompson would be out most of the year and effectively kill his chance at any extension. We took a punt on Pele and he flopped. We didn’t know that Averillo wanted too much to stay.

All easy in hindsight isn’t it…

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
A yeah ago we didn’t know TPJ would retire a year early. We didn’t know Thompson would be out most of the year and effectively kill his chance at any extension. We took a punt on Pele and he flopped. We didn’t know that Averillo wanted too much to stay.

All easy in hindsight isn’t it…
I did. The crystal ball told me.

Crystal Ball.jpg

axeman23

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What about Knight? He goes pretty hard
Knight was a pleasant surprise for me in his time with us last season, but i expect that to regress. Everything i saw from Knight at Souths, (and my brother, a massive Souths fan, would back me to the hilt on this...), he was Souths' version of Adam Idiot... Stupid penalties and stupider off-loads, at the worst imaginable time! HOPEFULLY the change of scenery did him good, but i have my doubts long-term...

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As expected, these signings have been rumoured/confirmed for months now. It's mainly for depth/bench, except Hutchinson at halfback if Sexton does not deliver. Did SST reject us?
I'd say it's more likely we rejected SST as in he failed our medical OR we're working on a different option like Saifiti or JT. Also a possibility we need to save for AFB and Luai for 2025. Likely we can't afford SST on 500K per year for 2 years if we're spending 2M+ on the other 2. Doubt he'd come for 1 year. I'd also prefer Terrell May for 2025 than signing SST for 2 years

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Narrow minded view…. Gus has a plan, the guys coming in all have genuine NRL experience, are leaders and possess a strong work ethic, they also provide us with depth. These individuals were brought in to show the way for our younger guys coming through with the bonus of being experienced and staunch competitors.
What like Josh Reynolds. That worked a treat.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
These signings are abit like Xmas presents from the in-laws who get you bulldogs stuff but it’s the cheap knock off crap with that shitty head logo and you make out it’s better than it really is and very hard to look excited

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What like Josh Reynolds. That worked a treat.
Josh was to be the spiritual leader in some capacity with his energy feeding the wider squad regardless of his standing… our biggest issue last year was injuries. But what would an actual Bulldog supporter know right??

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Josh was to be the spiritual leader in some capacity with his energy feeding the wider squad regardless of his standing… our biggest issue last year was injuries. But what would an actual Bulldog supporter know right??
RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT.

The spiritual leader. :tearsofjoy:

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Yo word out to all d habibs and G’s up herein this dawghouse.
I wants to know here’s this rumour of us stealing Jason Taumololo originated yo?
His lives his whole life in Nth qld

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We got more utilities than a Ford car dealership ‍♂

Need some power middles man

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We got more utilities than a Ford car dealership ‍♂

Need some power middles man
Imagine if the Salmon and Conner Watson rumours come true .. another 2 utilities

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Imo, Reed needs a competent back up, plus I like the idea of Turpin coming in at 60-70mins - Given our lack of dominant forwards and Reed being targeted for that reason, it’s a tough ask for him to go 80mins.
Get that "mistake riddled, unlucky, nothing comes off right for this guy" vibe from Turpin. Hope it doesn't pan out like that 2024 tho.