Karl Oloapu neck surgery out 2024

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Silver lining is at least KO has age on his side to heal.

Believe me, it is a real thing. Last time I rejected was 4 years ago and my recovery has already been twice as long so far this time.

Wish him nothing but the best.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That’s all it is - talk.
No evidence at all and when KO was interviewed after the Flegg GF by Grub he seemed fine.
It’s clearly something that has arisen since.
The talk is specifically by those determined to sink the boot in no matter what and if anyone questions that apparently it means we enjoy mutual sexual pleasure with each other and/or Gus or something. I’d prefer your limo for that. After a good clean :-).
That's what I was leading to as I just don't get it. He played out the season. Played in a final.

But let's focus on one or two games earlier in the season when CC apparently played him when injured but dismiss him playing in the grand final amongst other games all later than that.

Not saying CC has or hasn't done the right thing btw, but this attempt to link his neck injury to CC now needing surgery is laughable at best.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I think when stuff like this consistently keeps happening then there's a fair bit more to it than just bad luck. Athletes around the world are being pushed harder than they've ever been and when you're constantly hitting that line trying to get that extra .1% mistakes can and will happen. I personally think the club got it wrong this year, the amount of training injuries is what's really concerning.
I’m sure there’s been lessons learned.
Ciro was a first year head coach, with several new staff. Yes, long and serious training injuries to the likes of Thompson and Kikau adversely affected our season without a doubt. Gus didn’t make any excuses later in the year like some claimed however - I was at the AGM in February when he clearly told us to manage our expectations for ‘23 - he knew we had some gaps squad wise and combine that with some mistakes and crap luck and that sums up our season. I also gave Barrett time and he flopped. We’ve just gotten rid of the last of his signing mistakes, I’m prepared to give them a little more time and besides I don’t know available and suitable alternatives - something our detractors can never seem to answer either.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That’s all it is - talk.
No evidence at all and when KO was interviewed after the Flegg GF by Grub he seemed fine.
It’s clearly something that has arisen since.
The talk is specifically by those determined to sink the boot in no matter what and if anyone questions that apparently it means we enjoy mutual sexual pleasure with each other and/or Gus or something. I’d prefer your limo for that. After a good clean :-).
All talk no evidence?
2767DCF4-9A32-492B-955A-C0CDF5432238.jpeg
He battled neck injury in July and aug. He was then rushed back for Flegg finals series and come October its announced neck is fucked. Are u seriously gona say the injuries are un-related?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
All talk no evidence?
View attachment 88891
He battled neck injury in July and aug. He was then rushed back for Flegg finals series and come October its announced neck is fucked. Are u seriously gona say the injuries are un-related?
How do you know he was rushed back?
You’re making a lot of assumptions for a single report from Danny Weidler - but assumptions are your thing as you continue to prove Mr. ‘We’ve signed Luai on big overs’. Your credibility stocks aren’t very high Flipper.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How do you know he was rushed back?
You’re making a lot of assumptions for a single report from Danny Weidler - but assumptions are your thing as you continue to prove Mr. ‘We’ve signed Luai on big overs’. Your credibility stocks aren’t very high Flipper.
Are u still maintaining the injuries are un-related??

Snd im not just relying on weedler ive done my own homework since the story broke and Theres a bit in this

Robdog111

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Fittler was one in a generation freak seriously you can’t compare KO to Fittler.
What am I feed please tell me ?
That or juniors are looking the best they have in the last decade.
We are actually attracting players now.
You think that club doesn’t want to move forward so they signed Gus?
Don't even listen to him. O4Dreaming thinks he is Wayne Bennett or Craig Bellamy or something but really all he is, is a scab on Buzz's tiny old fella.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Are u still maintaining the injuries are un-related??

Snd im not just relying on weedler ive done my own homework since the story broke and Theres a bit in this
When did I say they were ‘unrelated’? I didn’t. Same as the incorrect leap you made about KO and Fittler.

Was it Ivan Cleary’s fault that Luai was ‘rushed back’ and aggravated his shoulder injury in the GF and withdrew from the Samoa squad for off-season surgery, exactly the same as has happened to KO? Identical situations yet you’ll use any reason to attack the Dogs staff as somehow ‘incompetent’.

‘Your own homework’ :tearsofjoy:
From the clown who’s made all sorts of incorrect claims. Well, gee, case closed I guess. Exactly what ‘bits’ are ‘in this’? Be specific. We’ll wait here.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Again, Kennellers, this is why we don't rush people in straight away.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Its a fact that a lot of players do play with injuries. Some have needles for it. Ciraldo would never put a player into the squad if he was not fit to play.
People seem to be on the "hate Ciraldo" bandwagon when it is most often not his fault. Oloapu played in Jersey Flegg after the FG games and
was playing well. It may be a long standing injury and was damaged in the Flegg games.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Yes he can lol.
Jokes aside I really think that the last 7 years have been nothing but a nightmare but ever since Gus took over I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Agree with Gus and the new board for persisting with the long term view, losing and having fans asking for their heads but not panicking is strong leadership unlike previous boards. Our decline started 10 yrs ago when the focus become win/loss and pie graphs, a coach and ceo who were focused on short term success and board who wanted to please allowing that.

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A few months back, prior to his reappearance in flegg, Gould posted ko had a problematic neck injury and the club was uncertain if he would make it back on the field this year.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Dont give me the real fan shit Nate. All the ‘real fans’ on here are just cucks who believe and support every single little thing the club says or does. I want the best for the club, blindly supporting crap decisions isnt my thing
Hey inbred jedd where were you when Dib was running the show and the club had no juniors coming through , over spending on the cap, releasing captain after captain and finishing with nothing after all that. Were you around or were you in a coma from being king hit at the Koori knockout when it took years to get our cap right after des n dib, were you in icu when we payed overs for average players like flange Thompson & tpj to win now. The question is have you recovered because you seem to have post concussion syndrome and wanting the club to do that again with reckless spending.

Last edited: