• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
If the Australian government had the same mentality as the Israeli government. The solution would be simple:

Section them off in an open air prison and build a wall around them. Blockade them and brand them as terrorists.
YES campaign wants to subvert Australian democracy with the voice. They are desperate.
1697194527524.png

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m actually not joking when I say that the racist vote is voting yes.
I am sometimes colourful, but never in a million years would I ever advocate on separating race by law/legislation etc.
I am a big believer that people are not equal but everyone should be on an equal legal footing.
There’s a term for it but I can’t remember it.
And I don’t buy that term that aboriginal people are set back by race by default. There are many aboriginals that do well so the poverty rates are more closely linked to culture/motivation/finance/ambition and probably the biggest, location.
That alone kills the theory.

Does Ernie Dingos kids face worse Barriers in life than Manu from Blacktown, Afghan Abdul from Greenacre or Shazza from Clayton?
In this country anyone can have at least an ok life if they try. Lots of skills shortages out there.
Any aboriginal dude can get their truck licence tomorrow, maybe saponsored, and be earning 100k in two years.
What they do with that money then is linked to culture.
Make it 51 racist no votes which do not count!
technically the yes are winning with their measly 16 votes if you follow their logic?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Why don't we just give the Aboriginals Tasmania and call it even?

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is a great post, Nasheed. I didn't think you had it in you (I hope that doesn't sound patronizing).

I've got a Vietnamese mate who came here as a teenager after the fall of Saigon. He couldn't speak a word of English and he came with only the clothes on his back. He took a menial job and learned English, then put himself through university and got a better job. He didn't need Vietstudy to get through uni, he did it on the back of hard work. He got married and raised a family, and made a life for himself after the worst possible start. He thinks Australia is the best country in the world, and can't understand why people want to destroy it. He can't understand why some aborigines think they deserve permanent handouts, like a portion of Australia's GNP, just for existing, and why the rest of us take such demands seriously.
That's the problem with NashSteve, you cut out all the bullshit and there are half-decent posts made by him.
Sadly, he prefers to continue this pantomime of his.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just found out today taht even if yes win, it has to be the majority in 4 states.
This will kill any last hope.
Because the only state I could really see a big majority yes vote is Victoria.
Qld and TAS definitely won’t have a majority. So just one more state is needed and a no win.
Hood for gamblers up here in this B
Referendums have to be double majority it’s why they are tough to win also why people won’t change constitutions just because Albo has some vibe

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The guy that's 1/2 English wants us to believe he knows what all indigenous folks are thinking?
Also, Indigenous folks played a part in the formation of our constitution.
They also hold parliamentary representation around the same level as they represent in the population, around the 3% mark.
They had superior voting rights compared to what females had as well!

Almost like folks back then knew that negativity would transpire if they legislated for a minority, yet sought to democratically include their feedback.

Not bad for folks who are so oppressed in the modern era, they're living in poverty and dying prematurely!

EDIT - to clarify the second quoted section is external to this site and I've requested their sources
Delicious Smoky Rib Sauce

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
AEC are saying that we likely won't know the result for about 13 days.
ridiculous isn’t it? After they count 5% of the votes they will see it’s a 90% no votes so just call it defeated. I’ll call it about 11am Saturday..

I’ll get ready to skin those yes voters on Sunday morning. Bring them to Justice and make them accountable for their treachery

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doesn’t everyone already have a voice? It’s called being elected to parliament? The policitians are voted in by majority and represent the people.

so any other method is undemocratic

vote NO.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
ridiculous isn’t it? After they count 5% of the votes they will see it’s a 90% no votes so just call it defeated. I’ll call it about 11am Saturday..

I’ll get ready to skin those yes voters on Sunday morning. Bring them to Justice and make them accountable for their treachery
That seems pretty un-Australian. If someone reports you, they'll probably reopen Manus Island for you.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Plus I want a Lebanese voice!

Her voice.....well I don't care about her voice, but you see why I want her voice lol

I'd vote YES twice!

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Today is the day everyone lets get this thread right out of control.. I’m talking gloating name calling hypocrisy racism conspiracy theories virtue signalling a few bans. Remember we do all go for the football Dogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.