Luai or Mam for $1M ?

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He's available for 2025 come Nov 1 this year unless the Broncs can re-sign him before then
I know he is technically available uce but no way that Brincis let him go after the season and GF he has had

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Forget mam. No chance broncos let him go, especially since Reynolds hasnt got much time left

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Also we dont need more 6s.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This isn’t correct.

TPA’s are unlimited.

That’s why the Salary Cap is a crock of shit. There is no salary cap if you know rich people and they are a fan of your team.

As long as you are not a club sponsor you can throw as much money you want at it.
I know before he became our major sponsor Arthur Laundy was a TPA sponsor of Thompson at 100K a season. If he was allowed more you would have thought it would be more. You're saying there's no limit for any player ? As you say that would make the cap totally useless. Can't see how the NRL would allow it

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I know before he became our major sponsor Arthur Laundy was a TPA sponsor of Thompson at 100K a season. If he was allowed more you would have thought it would be more. You're saying there's no limit for any player ? As you say that would make the cap totally useless. Can't see how the NRL would allow it
Yeah, it's a bit stupid. The basic rules of it is that there's no limit for TPA sponsorship. The caveat is that the club can't have any involvement in it. If the TPA sponsor also sponsors the club, then that breaches rules. If the club organises a TPA sponsorship, that also breaches rules. But if an independant third party approaches a player and offers them a deal, it could be $100 million dollars and it's still legal.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, it's a bit stupid. The basic rules of it is that there's no limit for TPA sponsorship. The caveat is that the club can't have any involvement in it. If the TPA sponsor also sponsors the club, then that breaches rules. If the club organises a TPA sponsorship, that also breaches rules. But if an independant third party approaches a player and offers them a deal, it could be $100 million dollars and it's still legal.
Thank you. What do the TPA sponsors actually get for their money ? A unique corporate Christmas party guest speaker. What else I wonder

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He was never leaving broncos, wouldn’t even of crossed his mind. He’ll be paid well. He has a shit load of 3rd party sponsors up here too
will be the long term half once reynolds retires

Junkey

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I read a couple of reports we're signing Luai for $1,125,000 a season for 4 years. If we're even thinking of this I hope Gus first sounds out Ezra Mam who the Broncos are reportedly hoping to extend for around 700K a season. They can't keep them all.

Who would you rather Luai for 1.1+M or Mam for 900K-1M ? I'll say Mam. He could be our next Terry Lamb. Likes backing up through the middle and can break the line himself. In his highlights I noticed he was wearing the 7 in a few games. Would be good with a controlling 7 like Cogger. Don't know why we didn't sign him again either
no longer need to choose- Mam staying at Broncos. Never in doubt.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
no longer need to choose- Mam staying at Broncos. Never in doubt.
750K they say. If someone got word to his manager that someone might be willing to offer close to a MIL I think he might change his mind. Probably thinks he won't get much more than what the Broncos are offering. Even if it just ends up making the Broncos pay more it's worth it. They'll have to let go of someone.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
750K they say. If someone got word to his manager that someone might be willing to offer close to a MIL I think he might change his mind. Probably thinks he won't get much more than what the Broncos are offering. Even if it just ends up making the Broncos pay more it's worth it. They'll have to let go of someone.
Bro he is getting 750k on the books. TPA will bring it to a million plus. He was never leaving. Luai is a realistic shot cause panthers don’t have the TPA power of teams like Broncos, Roosters and Storm

axeman23

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yeah, was always gonna be a long-shot. But that being the case, I'd rather keep my powder dry than use it up on Luai, especially for that stupid price! Or as someone mentioned, have a look at Cleary's brother. Luai just doesn't do it for me, especially in big games/moments.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bro he is getting 750k on the books. TPA will bring it to a million plus. He was never leaving. Luai is a realistic shot cause panthers don’t have the TPA power of teams like Broncos, Roosters and Storm
Broncos have a bit of competition in QLD at least