In the Dog house: Concerns grow for Addo-Carr’s future after brawl

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The biggest problem with this whole thing is allowing and giving clearance for NRL players to play in what is essentially a park footy tournament.

I am all for celebrating and promoting indigenous sport. I am all for JAC and any other NRL players getting behind the tournament. Promoting it, being the faces of it. However in no way should they be risking injury in competitions like this.

There will always be the bush football player wanting to make a name for themselves against an NRL star. There is no winners in this stuff.

How do the club and indeed the NRL allow players to play in these tournaments amazes me.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The biggest problem with this whole thing is allowing and giving clearance for NRL players to play in what is essentially a park footy tournament.

I am all for celebrating and promoting indigenous sport. I am all for JAC and any other NRL players getting behind the tournament. Promoting it, being the faces of it. However in no way should they be risking injury in competitions like this.

There will always be the bush football player wanting to make a name for themselves against an NRL star. There is no winners in this stuff.

How do the club and indeed the NRL allow players to play in these tournaments amazes me.
Tell them there is no insurance for any medical expenses incurred and they won't be paid for any missed NRL games as a result of injuries whilst playing 2nd tier bush etc games. End of.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

here we go again...let's sensationalize everything because it's a slow news day.....sick of all the negativity...if JAC is moved on this club has become a joke

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Will join a long list of overpaid underperformed wingers we’ll be paying to play elsewhere.
Won’t happen with Gus. People seem to keep forgetting about that.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ever since he punched someone in origin I’ve been annoyed at ado carr.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tell them there is no insurance for any medical expenses incurred and they won't be paid for any missed NRL games as a result of injuries whilst playing 2nd tier bush etc games. End of.
NRL players would be covered by their current insurance & unless it's written in their contract, they have to be paid.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Ever since he punched someone in origin I’ve been annoyed at ado carr.
He has lost some focus and looks frustrated at times. We're just not used to seeing that from him. 2024 should be better for him.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He has lost some focus and looks frustrated at times. We're just not used to seeing that from him. 2024 should be better for him.
Could it be that possibly the rot was involving rfm tpj etc the team spirit was cancerous ? Just possibly ? Atleast ado carr smiles and seems happy just want the team to go well

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
here we go again...let's sensationalize everything because it's a slow news day.....sick of all the negativity...if JAC is moved on this club has become a joke
How does this comment at all relate to what I said?

I agree!

My comment has nothing whatsoever against JAC. I want him at the club. I think he has been treated harshly actually. As another poster said. He throws a punch and gets two weeks. Whilst another guy has white powder in a bag on socials and gets one week. Who has bought the game into disrepute more? Not JAC

My comment was a bigger picture question.

How can professional athletes be allowed to play in a park football tournament?

How have I sensationalised anything?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Could it be that possibly the rot was involving rfm tpj etc the team spirit was cancerous ? Just possibly ? Atleast ado carr smiles and seems happy just want the team to go well
Yeah. Let's hope his problems also stem from the general lack of focus with the 2023 team/coaching dynamics and it's much improved next season.

Probably a few, or rather all, of the team have been given the same message...pull your socks up or there's consequences from now on :grinning:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

I agree!

My comment has nothing whatsoever against JAC. I want him at the club. I think he has been treated harshly actually. As another poster said. He throws a punch and gets two weeks. Whilst another guy has white powder in a bag on socials and gets one week. Who has bought the game into disrepute more? Not JAC

"How can professional athletes be allowed to play in a park football tournament?"

It is crazy really when you think of the money tied up by NRL clubs in these guys. Most know that there's always some mug wanting to big note themselves by getting at a big name player.

I suggested making it a non-sanctioned game for insurance purposes and that players have to take the hit with their match payments if they are unavailable for their NRL clubs as a result of injuries in a non-sanctioned game. ...be very controversial and need full club and NRL backing and contract changes too I guess but it would make the players stop and think about the injury ramifications (if they themselves have to fork out for the medicals and miss out on pay). Some clubs might not want to go down that path but some have very right to stipulate these clauses if they feel its necessary.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm going with a Marley quote.
.. meh :laughing:
Though I think this rehash from DjCapp lol might fire him up more as he has issues with the accused I'm pretty sure.

Idk how you perform at or near your peak in our powderpuff team of the past 2 years, not to say he hasn't been out of sorts in some respects, probably frustration.
Competitive types get like this and he is an emotional fella.

She'll be right next year ..

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'd rather have Fox than to let him go and see him score 20 tries for another team. I'm not saying there aren't issues that need to be resolved but if we are to become a finals team again, we're going to need genuine gamebreakers like Addo-Carr..

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I'm going with a Marley quote.
.. meh :laughing:
Though I think this rehash from DjCapp lol might fire him up more as he has issues with the accused I'm pretty sure.

Idk how you perform at or near your peak in our powderpuff team of the past 2 years, not to say he hasn't been out of sorts in some respects, probably frustration.
Competitive types get like this and he is an emotional fella.

She'll be right next year ..
Got moved away from his fav wing and the Burto/Fox combo broken up as well. So probs down from that as well as opportunities to score dried up.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I think this shows that there isn’t a single player on this team that’s getting away with shit anymore no matter if they are marquee or what contract they are on towards the team. Although, I do wish Ciraldo and Gus placed this sternness on Burton who was pathetic for a big chunk of last season. It seems he gets away with it scotch free I feel.

Malla

Reaction score
Sounds to me like they are all being put on notice, and rightly so. The fact this is a weidler article indicates it’s a warning shot from Gus and CC, JAC might want to knuckle down and have a big preseason or he might be kicking stones if his form doesn’t lift, Burton, and Mahoney would be in the same boat .
Well said

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score

I agree!

Yeah look professional athletes or not they should have some freedom of decision. It's post season and months before real pre season starts.

But your right Valentine was very very lucky and should have got hammered. A small fine and 1 match ban is a disgrace for a guy on a million bucks lol.

$100k fine and 8 game ban would have made him stop and think twice about getting on the bag next time and the next player who chooses to behave that way.

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think this shows that there isn’t a single player on this team that’s getting away with shit anymore no matter if they are marquee or what contract they are on towards the team. Although, I do wish Ciraldo and Gus placed this sternness on Burton who was pathetic for a big chunk of last season. It seems he gets away with it scotch free I feel.
Ciraldo and Gus are in love with Burton that's why. Why else would he drag that mute into press conferences if he didn't see him as his little 2IC or general who's out there steering the ship putting useless bombs up non stop.