Official Gus on Twitter

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can think of a few

1. Likely to play finals footy at roosters/raiders. No chance with us
2. Likely to retain nsw spot playing with roosters/raiders and the extra 150k+ purse associated with this. Less likely with us
3. Likely to be a better chance of higher honours eg Austealia playing with roosters/raiders. Less likely with us
4. Because of All of the above, next contract gonna be even fatter
5. Playing on edge at roosters/raiders is a better gig than getting thrown into middle with us

Hes worth 700k tops. Our only hope is if we pay 850-1M(which we probably will cos were fucked and desperate)
1. Rooster/Raiders didn’t do very much this year, we’re a team that’s heading in the right direction.
2. He’d retain his NSW spot no matter what club he plays for as long as he’s playing representative grade footy.
3. If he wants higher honours it’ll again come down to how well he’s playing, not the club he’s playing for, e.g JAC.
4. If he helps lift our team, helps us to win games and that moves us up the ladder and he becomes a real Bulldogs leader, his next contract will be fatter regardless.
5. Who’s to say he won’t play on an edge for us …

You don’t deliver realism, you deliver negative speculation ..

For every action you can’t help but have a gigantic annoying negative reaction .. !

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
1. Rooster/Raiders didn’t do very much this year, we’re a team that’s heading in the right direction.
2. He’d retain his NSW spot no matter what club he plays for as long as he’s playing representative grade footy.
3. If he wants higher honours it’ll again come down to how well he’s playing, not the club he’s playing for, e.g JAC.
4. If he helps lift our team, helps us to win games and that moves us up the ladder and he becomes a real Bulldogs leader, his next contract will be fatter regardless.

For every action you can’t help but have a gigantic annoying negative reaction .. !
TK'S resident bin chicken.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Stopped reading after point 1. Lets think about what u have just said there
“We’re a team thats heading in the right direction”
According to….? There are zero metric whatsoever to back this claim. This season was an undisputed shit show. We went backwards, significantly. Yet your trying to claim we went forwards? The fuck?

Oh wait,because Gus said we are going in the right direction, that must be right. My apologies. Lol. Wake up

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
According to….? There are zero metric whatsoever to back this claim. This season was an undisputed shit show. We went backwards, significantly. Yet your trying to claim we went forwards? The fuck?

Oh wait,because Gus said we are going in the right direction, that must be right. My apologies. Lol. Wake up
Also Rooster will be top 4 favourites again next year and if they play to their potential they're top 2.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
And if they don’t they flop again? Your point?
Kolo will make his decision before the start of next season. Rooster will be expected to finish top 4 next year and we'll be expected to finish in the bottom 2. That's going to weigh on his decision of course. Unless we get a marquee half and 2 marquee middles we're not heading in the right direction and we went backwards again this year. Also regarding his NSW spot Kolo will obviously look better in a better team which increases his chances of playing for NSW. With Kikau and Preston and our need for middles Kolo obviously won't play edge. The post @04 Dreaming was replying to is very off the mark. I want to sign Kolo (even after this next part) but if we do we're paying ~900k and we'll only get him if a top team can't afford to pay him close to that/he takes money over success.

Last edited:

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

The club is moving forwards in areas your (cough) “brain” doesn’t want to recognise … everyone including blind Freddy knows the 1st grade results were shit … but unfortunately your (cough) “mind” only comprehends the areas that suit your narrative ..

A company can show huge improvements in all areas but still the all important bottom line can show a loss … those losses don’t necessary mean the company hasn’t made huge improvements …. given a little time, those huge improvements will eventually correct those losses.

But you’re a narrow minded fanatic, anything I’m saying here won’t sink in … so go ahead and just dish up your next bowl of negativity …

Last edited:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
With the addition of Brandon Smith the Roosters were most tipsters favourites to win the Premiership this year .. your above speculation means zero …
I'm talking about expectations/where people will be putting their money. Even after the year they had they will be top 4 favourites next year. It's clear from your 5 points post that you haven't removed your Bulldog goggles. Deflect and laugh all you want but it's the truth.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm talking about expectations/where people will be putting their money. Even after the year they had they will be top 4 favourites next year. It's clear from your 5 points post that you haven't removed your Bulldog goggles. Deflect and laugh all you want but it's the truth.
People expected that & put money on it this year .. how’d that turn out ?

Roosters might be top 4 next year, they might also be top 6, or they might again struggle to make the 8 ..

Nothing to do with Bulldogs goggles & I don’t need to deflect or laugh because anyone predicting where any team will finish next year is just pure speculation .. I can say Tigers will finish top 2, doesn’t make me right !

You need to learn to recognise when you’re wrong, there’s nothing wrong with it, just accept it learn from it and move on ..

Last edited:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
People expected that & put money on it this year .. how’d that turn out ?

Roosters might be top 4 next year, they might also be top 6, or they might again struggle to make the 8 ..

Nothing to do with Bulldogs goggles & I don’t need to deflect or laugh because anyone predicting where any team will finish next year is just speculating .. I can say Tigers will finish top 2, doesn’t make me right !

You need to learn to recognise when you’re wrong, there’s nothing wrong with it, just accept it learn from it and move on ..
.. ?

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I also don’t believe you stopped reading at point 1, you would have read it all looking for topics you could be negative about … but realistically all points made sense, so the only thing you could bring up again was that 1st grade didn’t play at a level they were expected to, but that doesn’t mean the club overall didn’t improve as a whole …

Wake Up !!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I also don’t believe you stopped reading at point 1, you would have read it all looking for topics you could be negative about … but realistically all points made sense, so the only thing you could bring up again was that 1st grade didn’t play at a level they were expected to, but that doesn’t mean the club overall didn’t improve as a whole …

Wake Up !!
Your 4th point is your only correct/relevant point to signing/having Kolo but it's more likely he plays/looks better at a top team which also hurts your 2nd point you made.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Wake Up !!
I did stop at point 1, word count. Again, I want u to really think long and hard about what u said there and its relevance to the topic - player recruitment.

Do u honestly think there is a belief beyond the gus lovers on here that we are “a team definitely going in the right direction”. Do u think players and there agents are out there full of confidence that the dogs are heading in the right direction and are a destination for the betterment of there careers? U must be having a laugh Mate. Take the dogs goggles off and Gusses snag out ur mouth

I really plead with u to think about the past couple of seasons weve had, particularly the most recent one, and still convince yourself that we are a club l on the rise and a club that in-demand players wanna be at?

• Haha
Reactions: 88

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I did stop at point 1, word count. Again, I want u to really think long and hard about what u said there and its relevance to the topic - player recruitment.

Do u honestly think there is a belief beyond the gus lovers on here that we are “a team definitely going in the right direction”. Do u think players and there agents are out there full of confidence that the dogs are heading in the right direction and are a destination for the betterment of there careers? U must be having a laugh Mate. Take the dogs goggles off and Gusses snag out ur mouth

I really plead with u to think about the past couple of seasons weve had, particularly the most recent one, and still convince yourself that we are a club l on the rise and a club that in-demand players wanna be at?
I doubt it.

You definitely didn't get that far.