Alamoti to the Panthers

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's really surprising how little impact he has had given how good he was as a junior. Im disapointed he didn't kick on, and its a shame to see him go, but given how this team has performed I don't think anyone is safe from being moved on. Trust the process, and hope it doesn't come back to bite us.
I think he just matured at a young age mate and was bigger and stronger than the other kids growing up.

Just my opinion though.

Gus actually deserves some credit here. There was a big wrap on him and calls to lock him down long term. Gus obviously had doubts

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Strange that the best team in the comp see enough to sign him up
Every team needs minimum wage players,to help balance the books. I doubt they see him as a replacement for Stephen Crichton, Christian Crichton, maybe

DogSince67

40 years a Dog!
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see how he plays in the Penrith system as compared to the dogs. In a stronger team with less game pressure, more room and the correct position he may shine. Its a test of the Dogs v Panthers system as well as Alamoti as a player.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
At Penrith he will be trained to stay attached in defence to his 5/8, 2nd rower and winger, maintain the spacing, stay in the line, not rush up or drop back. The bonus being that his 5/8, 2nd rower and winger will already know how to stay attached to him. It's a magnitude easier to be taught that when its only 1 player that needs to learn it, not 17 which is the case with us.

Always a Bulldog

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alamoti could throw a nice pass but he was a snail for a centre & he couldn't tackle bust either. He also wasnt particularly good defensively but that can develop with a harder mindset. Am happy panthers took him for both our club and the young kid's sake.

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good Luck to him.

He's only a young fella and I hope he cracks nrl properly and has success.

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think he just matured at a young age mate and was bigger and stronger than the other kids growing up.

Just my opinion though.

Gus actually deserves some credit here. There was a big wrap on him and calls to lock him down long term. Gus obviously had doubts
Yep he was stronger and more mature than the other kids.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Don’t you love the usual chorus of doom led by @04 Dreaming and @Flanagun that this is an unmitigated disaster with zero thought or management behind it.

I guess just disregard key facts like:

- Alamoti has been on the open market since November 2022 and signed a deal with Penrith in September 2023. He was hardly beating off suitors.

- Penrith can’t have massive faith given he’s signed a ONE YEAR deal and it happened in a week, suggesting they have a short term gap to help fill.

- The Cowboys were allegedly interested for at least a period of time yet opted out - why?

- Why would a 19 year old be happy to take a ONE YEAR deal? Nothing else on the table that’s why.

I wish the kid luck for his future - but suggestions this is going to bite the Bulldogs on the arse don’t seem to be shared by many outside resident Gus/Ciro haters.
You’ve gone through too much effort with they response, including facts to back it up.

I just laugh at the comedy gold threads and comments they come up with.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You’ve gone through too much effort with they response, including facts to back it up.

I just laugh at the comedy gold threads and comments they come up with.
Facts?? I dont see to many facts there

@DinkumDog

If u truly believe there was nothing else on the table for alamoti then pls post me some of ur pharmacuticals. Id love to have the experience. Before his previous extension with us every single club went for him. I guarantee you he wouldve had almost double figure number of clubs interested this time around also

The 1 year deal was simply smart management from his end. Obvs this year didnt go to plan and didnt drive his market value up to where he wouldve liked. 1 year deal at the panthers will do the trick. The offers on the table at the end of 2024 for him will undoubtedly be higher than that at present. Smart

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Wish him all the best. Maybe the panthers system might be able to develop him quicker because he was a long way off a regular 1st grader.

Also think the size thing is very overstated. I’m not sure who here as met him in person but he isn’t that big. A solid kid nothing more.