News Bulldogs set for signing spree as Gould’s hit list revealed amid clean-out: Transfer Whispers

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You can't be serious mate, be assured the numbers you are quoting are way above the real figures.
He’s left out a few important facts.

1. First of all his figures are inflated

2. The salary cap has gone up a couple of mill, so $800k is like $700k a year ago in terms of taking up cap space.

3. Then he’s forgetting about TPA’s which Burton has.

Some people just don’t have a clue

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Most of these signings are underwhelming and hard to get excited about...

From the clubs perspective, there isn't much left on the market for 24, they want versatile players on short terms deals... Most of them are hard workers and solid defenders..

From most fans perspective, these players are in the back end of their careers, injury prone, unwanted by other clubs and are backups at best. It'd be more exciting if we took a chance on more younger Reserve Grade stars like Preston with upside.

The truth will be somewhere in the middle. Some of these signings will work out, others will be moved on before their contract expires. Obviously Ciraldo wants more vets to try and be competitive short term.. Either way, they're stop gap moves until better players become available.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Most of these signings are underwhelming and hard to get excited about...

From the clubs perspective, there isn't much left on the market for 24, they want versatile players on short terms deals... Most of them are hard workers and solid defenders..

From most fans perspective, these players are in the back end of their careers, injury prone, unwanted by other clubs and are backups at best. It'd be more exciting if we took a chance on more younger Reserve Grade stars like Preston with upside.

The truth will be somewhere in the middle. Some of these signings will work out, others will be moved on before their contract expires. Obviously Ciraldo wants more vets to try and be competitive short term.. Either way, they're stop gap moves until better players become available.
Better players were available and we missed them.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Better players were available and we missed them.
Like I said I'd rather go for younger Reserve Grade and Q Cup players.. Who did we miss out on though? There's been very little player movement for next year.. Not that I'm happy about some of the recent signings either.. I'm sure half of them will be moved on early..

Unfortunately the reality is we have a fuckload of cap space left with no one worth buying so we ended up with a bunch of scrap heap signings to reach 95% of the cap for 24 and then try again for 2025 signings..

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Maybe they didn’t want to play for us, we aren’t attractive in the slightest and money doesn’t always talk.

Some players want it easy and others a ring.
You're right, no way in hell I'd sign for us right now.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You're right, no way in hell I'd sign for us right now.
options are limited and slim pickings the sooner we all acknowledge it the better it will be for minds.

I hope we uncover another Preston calibre like player.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We've already spent 900k on a fullback who might not even make it. 850k on a 5/8 who again might not make it. We're signing who we're signing because they're all that's left on the market.
mate it was reported we got that fullback for $650
Don’t lie to us all.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
options are limited and slim pickings the sooner we all acknowledge it the better it will be for minds.

I hope we uncover another Preston calibre like player.
Well Gus is meant to have pull, contacts, etc. We should be expecting more imo. Instead we got signings like Sutton that Gus talks up only for them to be complete flops.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
650k is his current Panther contract actually (NRL rich list based off 2023), 825k is his reported amount here next year.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We'll never know. All we know is the reported amount which could be BS but it's all we have to go off.
Well the average NRL contract now is 400k the lowest is 150k