Gus on 100% Footy

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where is this magical halfback going to come from? How many huge signings have other clubs made in the last year since the cap went up so much and a 17th team was added? You could count on one hand how many rep players are changing clubs next year.

People keep saying we should sign this position and that position but the reality is the market has been fucked for all clubs and most stars have re-signed with their current clubs before they're allowed to hit the open market as was the case with Tino and Haas etc. Players like Moses etc were never leaving and only use other clubs to drive up the price with their current club.
Throw $$$$$ at Hunt. A contract means nothing. If you look hard enough, you’ll find soneone. Should have gone all out for Luke Brooks. Canterbury have the worst halves in the NRL.

Reecek89

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I got blasted on here when I said please don’t re-sign Topine.
Not good enough to make it in nrl and a sook. Only thing he’s good at is beating a rubbish bin lid when we win. It’s funny his best mates are RFM and Nu.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I got blasted on here when I said please don’t re-sign Topine.
Not good enough to make it in nrl and a sook. Only thing he’s good at is beating a rubbish bin lid when we win. It’s funny his best mates are RFM and Nu.
Things changed hey.
Screenshot_20230905_155745_Chrome.jpg

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But they don't have the media and the NRLol continually sticking the knife in.
Exactly mate, what a pity so many on TK and probably even our clubs officials don't/want to see it. People like the Shires town drunk have done a lot of damage to our beloved club and they will continue to do it.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Throw $$$$$ at Hunt. A contract means nothing. If you look hard enough, you’ll find soneone. Should have gone all out for Luke Brooks. Canterbury have the worst halves in the NRL.
Hunt will probably go to QLD.. Brooks is a laughable suggestion and you even bringing him up proves my point about how weak the market is.

Last edited:

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I listened to it.
This player may be seeking legal action. But they don’t think he’ll go very far, as the Dogs is a sporting body and apparently in the law as a professional sporting club it does not incur negligence if they establish that what they did is widely occurred in Australia and is seen as a competence practice in their sport by peers. Like we’ve already seen, every Tom, Dick and Harry from past and present have all said it’s competent and needed in the sport.

They also said we all know by now who he is and no way he’ll get signed by another club. So I’m sure Topine now realises he’s gone so far down the rabbit hole that the only way is to keep going down that way to get a nice little pay out because that’s all he has at this point.

Even Vossy said clearly the footy career is not for him and it’s best to move on. This is just embarrassing for Topine.
Remember when people in here kept calling for him to be in first grade …

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where is this magical halfback going to come from? How many huge signings have other clubs made in the last year since the cap went up so much and a 17th team was added? You could count on one hand how many rep players are changing clubs next year.

People keep saying we should sign this position and that position but the reality is the market has been fucked for all clubs and most stars have re-signed with their current clubs before they're allowed to hit the open market as was the case with Tino and Haas etc. Players like Moses etc were never leaving and only use other clubs to drive up the price with their current club.
Idiots think that all you need is to go to coles and buy any player you want if you have the money.

Rebuilding Phase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Remember when people in here kept calling for him to be in first grade …
Yep, there’s been things about him that’s rubbed me off the wrong way. I honestly knew from last year when no club in the NRL and then no club in the ESL wanted him, that was a sign to let him go. But the club can make mistakes, so hopefully they learn from it

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Lol… must be his work ethic and discipline at training that convinced you Wendy :tearsofjoy:
I just cannot work out the loyal Bulldog player we thought he was, with these apparently new revelations. Just doesn't make sense.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just cannot work out the loyal Bulldog player we thought he was, with these apparently new revelations. Just doesn't make sense.
what are they?

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
See the players you need are one's that will do anything to win in a game, at training, even wanting to fart the loudest.
Even weak gutted dog would chew the faces off Topine and RFM. Thats the difference in culture.