Embattled Canterbury Bulldogs coach Cameron Ciraldo says he’s trying to “change behaviours”

PaxMaxi1980

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Like I always say, now we have basically zero options to replace him I guess we are stuck with him.

Credit for getting rid of the lazy ***** but obviously still have reservations as we don't know what system he wants to bring in, and let's be honest, going off his selections, positions and rotations, im not expecting much.

If he clones the Penrith system then I'm on team CC for now.
The last thing he should be doing is making the details of his systems and tactics public. And we have to remember that he is a rookie NRL coach and entered a shit show. As he said in the presser, he will get a review at the end of the season like everyone else. He will be better next year.
I may be overly optimistic (as lots of fans I struggle to be rational about the Buldogs) but I’m all in on CC and Gus. I think we are on a winner!

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
NRL 2023: Bulldogs coach Cameron Ciraldo defends club over player punishment
Far from going into damage control mode, Canterbury coach Cameorn Ciraldo has defended the punishment inflicted on a player who was allegedly late to training.

Ciraldo fronted the media just a day after revelations that one of his players quit the club following a physical punishment for being late.

“It’s a pretty sensitive issue and I won’t be commenting,” Ciraldo said. “I don’t want to comment specifically but at different times we’ve wanted to put some standards in place and if you’re late we have to do something.

“We are trying to drive standards. We want to have winning performance standards.

Bulldogs coach Cameron Ciraldo fronted the media on Wednesday morning. Picture: Max Mason-Hubers
Bulldogs coach Cameron Ciraldo fronted the media on Wednesday morning. Picture: Max Mason-Hubers
“Some of that’s been monetary related, some of it’s been spinning a wheel and then some of that’s been trying to find ways to change behaviours.

“The reality is we need to change behaviours here, and I think we’ve done a good job of that throughout the season.

“And I feel really sorry for the fans that we are where we are.

“It doesn’t seem like we’ve taken steps forward this year on the same wins as last year. We definitely haven’t taken steps back.”

LATE PUNISHMENT

This masthead can reveal the player recently turned up to training and was told he was late. It is understood he believed he was well within the time limit set for training to begin but there are allegations he was then made to wrestle more than a dozen players as his “punishment.”

He became distraught and left training.

The player is under contract at the club until the end of next season but has vowed not to return.

This masthead has chosen not to name the player because of sensitivity around the case and his welfare. However, the Rugby League Players Association is also investigating.
Get the princesses out of the club and get real man CC

PaxMaxi1980

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He actually impressed me there maybe we just need to be patient
Exactly, we had the worst roster in the League this year by light years. We’ve cleaned out a lot of dead wood and whilst there is not a lot of elite players on the market I’m more than happy to bring in toilers who will bleed for the jersey. Things will get better. We need to keep the faith.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Like I always say, now we have basically zero options to replace him I guess we are stuck with him.

Credit for getting rid of the lazy ***** but obviously still have reservations as we don't know what system he wants to bring in, and let's be honest, going off his selections, positions and rotations, im not expecting much.

If he clones the Penrith system then I'm on team CC for now.
No one can truly predict what the future holds for us CC or anyone else...
But does anyone believe Gus would allow his reputation tarnished by anyone at all ?

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Hayne was another noted lazy trainer who just didn't really train hard but just did stretches though he was usually the best player on the park.

In our case, I don't know where these asshole's get their sense of entitlement from? You're shit on the field and don't want to do the hard yards when asked too. We need to name these players so they don't see FG again.
Yeh Terry Lamb in his last 5 years barely trained due to his buggered knees and other injuries. If any of our players can perform like him i dont care if they spend all week at the pub.

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I was critical of Ciraldo but after what is coming out I’m prepared to give more time to fox this shit especially if players are whinging for trading hard ,what they think this i a holiday any player not happy can buzz off if he’s trying to fix the ugly culture in there ,good on him you can see the players are lazy when there on the field playing, seriously they need to grow up there getting paid to do a job .

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The last thing he should be doing is making the details of his systems and tactics public. And we have to remember that he is a rookie NRL coach and entered a shit show. As he said in the presser, he will get a review at the end of the season like everyone else. He will be better next year.
I may be overly optimistic (as lots of fans I struggle to be rational about the Buldogs) but I’m all in on CC and Gus. I think we are on a winner!
I don't want to know the system, just want to see the results down the track.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
and what if it's the actual system that sucks arse?
Yeah that's what I'm worried about. I hope this has Gus' fingerprints all over it, it would ease our worries a bit.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I thought Ciraldo handled the media circus quite well there
His pressers this year have been unspectacular then again I think his much smarter than what he gives of. He chatted rabble, meaningless points after every game my favourite is the “great week at training” after being pelted. It occupies the media though don’t give them anything work behind the scenes.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It’s still all dribble from CC, we are the weakest defensive team by far. He gets zero pass marks

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That's why I have hope in Gus, his ego won't let him fail.
Food for thought,
If Gus did't care about the club why would he worry about the pathways program ?
IMO other than some of the on field results the haters especially News Ltd can see the great progress he is making and they hate it !