Bulldogs player walks out

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Personally, I think making RFM club captain is something CC is regretting. I also had my concerns with all this fluffy bonding stuff before the season started.

RFM looks like he is an enabler to entertaining weak minded individuals. If you go back and look at his interviews during this period he comes across as mentally fragile.

Let’s hope for a good off season where bonding happens naturally through good training and professionalism.

If players don’t want to come here because we are tough trainers, then so be it.

CC is hopefully learning some tough lessons this year.
If he can resist signing Renyolds again that'll be a good start.

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bulldogs defend ‘punishment’ of player who walked out and didn’t return

The Sydney Morning Herald
Michael Chammas

The Canterbury Bulldogs are privately defending their treatment of an NRL player who walked out of training five weeks ago due to mental health reasons.

The player, who hasn’t been named due to the seriousness of his mental state, turned up to training late for a session last month. He is in the top 30 squad but considered a fringe first-grader.

The coaching staff decided to enforce a punishment, which is a common practice at NRL clubs, asking him to wrestle up to a dozen of his teammates for an extended period at the end of training.

A week later he asked the club for time off due to personal reasons and hasn’t been back to training since. The club is still paying his contract.

The Bulldogs declined to comment when contacted on Tuesday night. The Daily Telegraph also reported that centre Braidon Burns walked out on a training session last week after suffering a hamstring injury and has left the club. The Herald has been told he trained on Tuesday.

It comes after the Herald reported on Monday that Bulldogs staff were aware of a text message that has been doing the rounds in recent days that claimed up to eight players were unhappy at the club under the coaching of Cameron Ciraldo.

One of the grievances allegedly raised by some current players, and potential recruits, was a frustration over Ciraldo’s workload demands.

The message claimed that Ciraldo’s expectation for players to be around for training from 8am to 5.30pm was unrealistic and a deterrent for some players to join or remain at the club.

The Dogs’ performances of late, which has left many questioning the commitment of the players, speaks to a problem at the club. Those concerned about how hard or long training is appear to have their cards marked, with the Bulldogs expected to make a raft of changes once their season ends this weekend.

Ciraldo has a proven track record of success having worked hand in hand with Panthers coach Ivan Cleary to deliver two premierships at Penrith.

He has recruited players from clubs who have played for successful teams like Stephen Crichton (Panthers), Jaeman Salmon (Panthers), Liam Knight (Rabbitohs), Blake Taafe (Rabbitohs) and Siua Taukeiaho.

Ciraldo is expected to front the media for his weekly pre-game press conference on Wednesday.

To me that points to Topine

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
What if this whole time, we thought Gus and Cc did this on purpose to see who would last, who would swim or drown. Who would talk shit about the club and then only then start picking out the shit cnts and weed them out???

finally it seems to me next year pressure is deadset on players not CC anymore. Feel like Gus and CC played this so good. When we play shit next year it’s going to be on the players not our coach.

guess what the players fell into the trap to play their card about training too hard. Big FK up lol

where’s my boy @EXORCIST
I don't think CC is smart enough for this but Gus certainly is lol

Noosa Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Honestly I can understand what he’s trying to build to… but wrestling 12 teammates? Is this widely accepted practice? I would be fucking livid.

And you know what? It had the exact opposite effect on the playing group. you think they like or fear ciro? Nah. They probably think he’s a fucking asshole who they don’t wanna work for.
Probably exaggerated for media story. We will most likely never know the real story.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Bulldogs defend ‘punishment’ of player who walked out and didn’t return

The Sydney Morning Herald
Michael Chammas

The Canterbury Bulldogs are privately defending their treatment of an NRL player who walked out of training five weeks ago due to mental health reasons.

The player, who hasn’t been named due to the seriousness of his mental state, turned up to training late for a session last month. He is in the top 30 squad but considered a fringe first-grader.

The coaching staff decided to enforce a punishment, which is a common practice at NRL clubs, asking him to wrestle up to a dozen of his teammates for an extended period at the end of training.

A week later he asked the club for time off due to personal reasons and hasn’t been back to training since. The club is still paying his contract.

The Bulldogs declined to comment when contacted on Tuesday night. The Daily Telegraph also reported that centre Braidon Burns walked out on a training session last week after suffering a hamstring injury and has left the club. The Herald has been told he trained on Tuesday.

It comes after the Herald reported on Monday that Bulldogs staff were aware of a text message that has been doing the rounds in recent days that claimed up to eight players were unhappy at the club under the coaching of Cameron Ciraldo.

One of the grievances allegedly raised by some current players, and potential recruits, was a frustration over Ciraldo’s workload demands.

The message claimed that Ciraldo’s expectation for players to be around for training from 8am to 5.30pm was unrealistic and a deterrent for some players to join or remain at the club.

The Dogs’ performances of late, which has left many questioning the commitment of the players, speaks to a problem at the club. Those concerned about how hard or long training is appear to have their cards marked, with the Bulldogs expected to make a raft of changes once their season ends this weekend.

Ciraldo has a proven track record of success having worked hand in hand with Panthers coach Ivan Cleary to deliver two premierships at Penrith.

He has recruited players from clubs who have played for successful teams like Stephen Crichton (Panthers), Jaeman Salmon (Panthers), Liam Knight (Rabbitohs), Blake Taafe (Rabbitohs) and Siua Taukeiaho.

Ciraldo is expected to front the media for his weekly pre-game press conference on Wednesday.

To me that points to Topine
Sutton.

Bulldog Bloke

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
FFS.

We are getting lapped every week yet people whinge about players getting trained too hard ?????

The old bulldogs way was to have our players train to the point of collapsing. Mase , Braith, Reni , Ogre , Bobcat all talk about it.

The culture has been rotten for too long but we wanna carry on when a coach wants to change it.

Go and fuckin dig holes if you don’t like it . Ciraldo has been at a club where blokes like Edwards and Cleary have played end of season games with so many needles in em they looked like Nicho Hynes mum.

That’s what he expects.

Our guys expect our training to stay the same so they can have September off every year
lmao @ with so many needles in em they looked like Nicho Hynes mum.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The circus continues.

Imagine the fun & games in the off season.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

I don't think CC is smart enough for this but Gus certainly is lol
hopefully it’s been in the making.. jeez when Jackson Hastings came out and said the game against us they put 66-0 and felt like training session

Wouldn’t you think that’s embarrassing to a whole new level

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
This is going To Make the recruitment of the 6 or so top 30 spots we have left so much easier...,

Doggfather

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Im backing Ciraldo on this one.

These sooks need to piss off. What type of player has a mental breakdown over a few extra tackl at training when they were late.

We need strong physical and MENTAL players.

If I were the players I’d be listening to every word coming out of Ciraldos mouth. He has seen two back to back premierships first hand and knows how to build a team.

Look at how Xerri is training the house down on his Insta. We need players like him.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Topine

Edit: Not Topine?

Last edited: