Tpj to retire from nrl

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I won't give away too much but to put it simply, he does not want to play front row. Last year against Raiders (I think) he refused to come onto the field on the front row mid game. He said he had a back injury and sat out a couple months (remember?). That was all BS. He was not putting in at training, requesting to train with the blokes recovering from injury. All this because he just did not want to play front row.
Off season come around, nothing has changed. There may have been rumours earlier this year about him going Roosters? Not sure, but I have no idea where he may end up, I just know for a fact the club (Gus) want him gone.

Ok

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
TPJ just looks like he doesn't really like playing the game but has always had talent and someone willing to pay. Great having more to spend next year but with the NRL rules requiring you spend 95% of your cap it becomes a problem for teams down the bottom with no quality on offer.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't know why in hell we have to pay TPJ anything for 24, since its his decission to leave, I have thought for along time that we should challange some of the NRL (decissions-rullings) in a court of law, and its about time we should at least try it.
As I see it we wont be any worse in the Forwards, or as Assassin would call them (Backwards) in 24 than we were in 23.
What has our 3 highest paid forwards contributed in 23, Thompson, TPJ, and (Kicks due to Injury) I'd say very close to SFA, and not to mention Patalo.
Agree bro. The only reason we would be giving cash is because there is more to the story. We don’t need what TPJ brings. We need a few big minute forwards who lock up the middle, hit hard and make big metres. We badly need an alpha prop. Someone the boys will follow. There is no leader out there

Reactions: ATT

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I won't give away too much but to put it simply, he does not want to play front row. Last year against Raiders (I think) he refused to come onto the field on the front row mid game. He said he had a back injury and sat out a couple months (remember?). That was all BS. He was not putting in at training, requesting to train with the blokes recovering from injury. All this because he just did not want to play front row.
Off season come around, nothing has changed. There may have been rumours earlier this year about him going Roosters? Not sure, but I have no idea where he may end up, I just know for a fact the club (Gus) want him gone.

Are you and @Malla the same person? lol fkn l

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I heard we gave him 250k? If that true, even if he plays somewhere else next year then that is in our cap.
On his podcast Gus said TPJ didn’t want any financial settlement and just wanted a clean break. It’s honestly pretty admirable cause he ain’t making 750k in boxing straight up

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score

1692230443077.png

TPJ's "Official" numbers.

Always a Bulldog

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score

View attachment 79490

TPJ's "Official" numbers.
121 m per game is pretty good, but only 10 hit ups per game that is more second rower numbers. Pretty mid to be honest.

Always a Bulldog

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What are the rules regarding players choosing to retire while still contracted, we all saw what Happened when JJ did.

The media banging on about TPJ can only bring more pressure form the nrl to react as they normally do with us.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why are the media banging on about a 250K payout? Gus has come out saying he wasn’t offered a payout because it was his call to retire. What can’t the 360 ***** understand about that? Why’s it’s a massive drama for them? Braith sooking about why he’d give up 750K to go earn 10K boxing. Does he know TPJ personally does he? Per Gus he’s going through family issues, family comes first before money.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Why are the media banging on about a 250K payout? Gus has come out saying he wasn’t offered a payout because it was his call to retire. What can’t the 360 ***** understand about that? Why’s it’s a massive drama for them? Braith sooking about why he’d give up 750K to go earn 10K boxing. Does he know TPJ personally does he? Per Gus he’s going through family issues, family comes first before money.
They (the media) are doing it so the nrl go after us like they did with JJ but not how they ignored all the times south’s did it.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Because their whole business model is based off sensationalising things, putting a negative spin on everything and blowing things out of proportion.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They (the media) are doing it so the nrl go after us like they did with JJ but not how they ignored all the times south’s did it.
Yeah never batted an eyelid about Inglis and Burgess shoulder being so bad he could carry a Sheila on it while partying.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What a waste of talent. I doubt boxing is a successful option and he will probably get a smallish opportunity contract somewhere else down the track - likely to succeed if he is playing an impact role. Whatever anyone says he is our only current NRL standard middle.
True, he is the only dominant middle we have outside of a 10min Pele cameo - on the boxing side, he doesn’t have the engine to cut it - he’ll make a decent living fighting other footy players and has-beens…. Then join the Dolphins and hang out in Brissy with his Payne in the Haas

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
10 hitups a game from a supposed premium forward
how disgraceful
But 120 metres per game for the limited minutes he plays is premium.

The opposing 2 stats show what is both right and wrong with TPJ. He's not an 80 minute player who makes 40+ tackles per game, has 25+ hit ups and grids out 120 m a game. He's an up to 40 minutes a game player who makes 20+ tackles per game, has 10+ hit ups and punches out 120 m a game.

Right now we need the former x 2, but if we already had them then the latter would be great off the bench.

Always a Bulldog

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can anyone shed some light on reports we copped a $250,000 whack from our cap next year paying Tevita out???