Tpj to retire from nrl

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We surely just say no
That’s why the boxing story works well for us. This scenario gives us the get out clause that you don’t get when they sign elsewhere. I cannot see it being a long time before he is back in league. He cannot last 15 minutes in league and he think he can get fit enough to last round after round in boxing.

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That’s why the boxing story works well for us. This scenario gives us the get out clause that you don’t get when they sign elsewhere. I cannot see it being a long time before he is back in league. He cannot last 15 minutes in league and he think he can get fit enough to last round after round in boxing.
You'd hope we also learnt from the Josh Jackson retirement fiasco

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It’s a shame because he apparently looked so good at the start of this season lol idiots
Whoever you got your info from at the start of the year was probably right. He may of been planning on leaving then but decided to give it one last crack. Either way I think there was substance in your earlier scoop because he never really looked like his heart was in it.

Dogiezz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane :tonguewink:

Will do well in boxing :tearsofjoy:

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Whoever you got your info from at the start of the year was probably right. He may of been planning on leaving then but decided to give it one last crack. Either way I think there was substance in your earlier scoop because he never really looked like his heart was in it.
Tevita is a tank. Everyone wanted him to succeed. He came from a loser club mentality (Broncos back then). He ain’t taking orders from Reed or Burton. Might be something else in his early 30s but time will tell. Wish him the best of luck.

Noosa Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The fact that he said he was leaving to CC and he still was surprised when he told the boys, suggests perhaps he has done it before during the season but not followed through.

This game at this level is to hard if your heart isn’t fully in it. I’m sure he would have been frustrating a lot of the coaches and team mates, especially the ones giving 100% and that would kill to have his ability.

Malla

Reaction score
I wasn’t making anything up. TPJ didn’t want to play front row, good on him for trying for so long. And maybe he was planning to leave at the end of this year all along, but he was definitely being shopping around. Anyway, good riddance.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Salary Cap doesn’t work like that. Even if both parties agree to part ways.

If he is on $850k and someone else signs him for $500k we are stuck with $350k on our cap for the duration of his contract.
The club will have mitigated this as part of his release agreement. There’s no way we open ourselves up to wearing this in the cap if he decides to play on next year.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He came from a loser club mentality (Broncos back then).
He was part of the problem at the Broncos.

Also white anting, along side Lodge & a few others that are no longer at the club.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I wasn’t making anything up. TPJ didn’t want to play front row, good on him for trying for so long. And maybe he was planning to leave at the end of this year all along, but he was definitely being shopping around. Anyway, good riddance.
Nice revision @Malla . You actually said that he refused to return to the field at prop in a game. You said his injury was not real and that he was out because he refused to play prop. All made up stories. Of course Gus was trying to offload him cause he was never what we needed. But without a replacement let’s not pretend our middles are somehow stronger without him

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The club will have mitigated this as part of his release agreement. There’s no way we open ourselves up to wearing this in the cap if he decides to play on next year.
I heard we gave him 250k? If that true, even if he plays somewhere else next year then that is in our cap.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
TPJ is out, I’m more concerned on who we bring in for next year. Hopefully not just SST. We need at least three middles. Is IMB back from injury yet? How far off first grade is he?

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
TPJ is out, I’m more concerned on who we bring in for next year. Hopefully not just SST. We need at least three middles. Is IMB back from injury yet? How far off first grade is he?
He’s barely played the kid.. same goes for Sam Hughes

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Nice revision @Malla . You actually said that he refused to return to the field at prop in a game. You said his injury was not real and that he was out because he refused to play prop. All made up stories. Of course Gus was trying to offload him cause he was never what we needed. But without a replacement let’s not pretend our middles are somehow stronger without him
Exactly right.

This bloke has been wrong numerous times and just talks shit.

It’s hilarious.

Anyway tpj is a bloke with enormous talent and gifts but has just not delivered consistently for anyone. He will fail in boxing or at best have a career fighting bums set up by sbw and co and make a joke of themselves like sbw did getting belted by a old washed Botha and have the fight changed in the rounds mid fight lol.

He will be back in footy without a doubt.

While he hasn’t been consistent he is without doubt our most damaging prop and take kikau out arguably the only guy who consistently bent the line.

Disappointing as would of loved to see a season of him with kikau on field.

Regardless he’s not interested and doesn’t want to be here so we are better off with the 750-850k and signing some elite forward to replace him.

The issue like with Thompson is there is no elite forward available. If we go sign a couple blokes like sst then Gus really needs to deliver for us for 25 with at least 3 gun forwards recruited. Mo, keon and that Wilson from broncos would be my immediate targets.

While they aren’t haas/Tino they provide some amazing forwards.

I’d be all over them from November and we need to go for the throat. We fuck about and will be here end of next year talking for 26.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I won't give away too much but to put it simply, he does not want to play front row. Last year against Raiders (I think) he refused to come onto the field on the front row mid game. He said he had a back injury and sat out a couple months (remember?). That was all BS. He was not putting in at training, requesting to train with the blokes recovering from injury. All this because he just did not want to play front row.
Off season come around, nothing has changed. There may have been rumours earlier this year about him going Roosters? Not sure, but I have no idea where he may end up, I just know for a fact the club (Gus) want him gone.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard we gave him 250k? If that true, even if he plays somewhere else next year then that is in our cap.
I don't know why in hell we have to pay TPJ anything for 24, since its his decission to leave, I have thought for along time that we should challange some of the NRL (decissions-rullings) in a court of law, and its about time we should at least try it.
As I see it we wont be any worse in the Forwards, or as Assassin would call them (Backwards) in 24 than we were in 23.
What has our 3 highest paid forwards contributed in 23, Thompson, TPJ, and (Kicks due to Injury) I'd say very close to SFA, and not to mention Patalo.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I won't give away too much but to put it simply, he does not want to play front row. Last year against Raiders (I think) he refused to come onto the field on the front row mid game. He said he had a back injury and sat out a couple months (remember?). That was all BS. He was not putting in at training, requesting to train with the blokes recovering from injury. All this because he just did not want to play front row.
Off season come around, nothing has changed. There may have been rumours earlier this year about him going Roosters? Not sure, but I have no idea where he may end up, I just know for a fact the club (Gus) want him gone.

Fuck you talk shit.

“Prop is my position”

No doubt he was mentally not the strongest/sharpest tool but this garbage about his position is just that. Locks his size like taumaolo etc play like a prop. Just hot garbage.