Press Conference Rd 21 vs Panthers

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I get where you're coming from, but....

Penrith did take it very easy, especially 2nd half.

We had no fullback and players out of position because CC wanted it that way.

Why the fuck would anyone move their only strike weapon for a dud that can't even make the reserves FB spot?

Why play a little tellytubby at lock?

Why pick sick players then say they shouldn't of played in the presser?

We had Brown and Topine that could of been used.

I have no agenda apart from my team coming good hopefully before I die.

All due respect, but your agenda sounds like you're protecting CC
Allow me to butt in the conversation brothers
WHY you ask ASSASSIN, the answer is a simple one, desperate decisions by a rookie under pressure, who by all reports normally a very smart operator,
IMO in such a difficult situation he needs time and support to prove himself.
Nothing is wrong with trial and error as long as he learns from the exercise.
Most of us are very passionate supporters and expressing our opinions isn't an agenda but I can't help feeling that there are some pretend supporters / members on TK with agendas against our clubs resurgence.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I don’t know it can be called either an ‘agenda’ nor ‘protecting’ anyone. Bottom line is Brown ain’t being used and probably for good reason we just don’t know - like he’s not part of the the plan for 2024. Topine probably yes, could’ve been used off the bench. According to CC Reed insisted on playing yesterday. Why he played at lock who knows but Preston was another late withdrawal causing more shuffling. I don’t ever recall HALF the squad being unavailable, do you?
I just used the term agenda because it got thrown at us who don't fall for the assistants lack of knowledge and constantly stupid and obvious mistakes.

Brown wasn't going to magically make us win but at least he can cover lock and obviously would of been better than a sick Mahoney.

Avo should of stayed at FB, Flamingo at HB (yuck) and Topine could of covered at Hooker.

PS with injures, honest can't remember the last time have the squad was out.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Allow me to butt in the conversation brothers
WHY you ask ASSASSIN, the answer is a simple one, desperate decisions by a rookie under pressure, who by all reports normally a very smart operator,
IMO in such a difficult situation he needs time and support to prove himself.
Nothing is wrong with trial and error as long as he learns from the exercise.
Most of us are very passionate supporters and expressing our opinions isn't an agenda but I can't help feeling that there are some pretend supporters / members on TK with agendas against our clubs resurgence.
I'm still a Gus fan but since he picked an assistant over a premiership winning coach, why doesn't he help out the dud choice?

It's like he is just watching him drown.

I just used "agenda" because it got thrown around. My only agenda is becoming a good team again and clearing all the dud deadwood and whinging fucks out of our club.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
PS if we get the 7 players back that he mentioned we should beat the pilchards, their honeymoon is over and are vulnerable.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I get where you're coming from, but....

Penrith did take it very easy, especially 2nd half.

We had no fullback and players out of position because CC wanted it that way.

Why the fuck would anyone move their only strike weapon for a dud that can't even make the reserves FB spot?

Why play a little tellytubby at lock?

Why pick sick players then say they shouldn't of played in the presser?

We had Brown and Topine that could of been used.

I have no agenda apart from my team coming good hopefully before I die.

All due respect, but your agenda sounds like you're protecting CC
Not protecting CC, yes he has done some weird choices, but my point is no matter what happens we get people sooking about something.
For example if we had won by some miracle would anyone praise the CC, Gus, players?
Or would they sit there and complain how Penrith played shit or ref helped us or whatever agenda they have.
I trust in what Gus has/is doing and I have respect for CC especially after what Gus said about him coming this year instead of next year.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
TK Reality: adopt a CC clown avatar and assign blame wherever possible.

Literally HALF our squad of 30 were unavailable yesterday. I applaud our team of rookies and reserve graders for getting 18 against not only the dual Premiers but holding them to the score they did. It could’ve been a bloodbath. That’s not ‘loser mentality’ or ‘accepting mediocrity’ as the keyboard coaches bleat - let’s see what team they would’ve put together yesterday with that reality.

7 of those 15 should be available next week: JAC, Kiks, Sexton, Sutton, Preston, Burns and maybe Thompson.

Let’s see how we go then and wouldn’t it be awesome to flip the Flippers and doubly stick it those alleged Bulldogs on here with their avatar :-).
Exactly, well said.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Whilst I don’t personally disagree with a lot of your points, it’s easy to sit back and critique every decision with the benefit of not really knowing how the alternative option would have panned out.

Although it’s hard to do, I have decided to sit back (for now) and give the coach etc a chance to dig us out of this hole and try to focus on the positives e.g Skelton’s performance yesterday was very promising.

The rookie head coach is not going to get every decision right, but let’s hope he is learning and has a bit of luck with injuries etc going forward.

I think members that are supporting the likes of Burton and CC etc, realize that given the current situation and alternative options available, that some positivity is probably a good approach for the time being.
Bravo my man, well said.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Not protecting CC, yes he has done some weird choices, but my point is no matter what happens we get people sooking about something.
For example if we had won by some miracle would anyone praise the CC, Gus, players?
Or would they sit there and complain how Penrith played shit or ref helped us or whatever agenda they have.
I trust in what Gus has/is doing and I have respect for CC especially after what Gus said about him coming this year instead of next year.
Well if we won, or win next week, I would praise the players only, CC has no idea and Gus looks like he has washed his hands of FG.

I like Gus, he isn't a God, he fucks up nearly as much as he gets it right. I'd rather have him than not have him.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was actually calling 80-0 if Penrith played to their potential but glad it was only half of that.

BUT

Happy that we scored 18 when the average score against them is 13.

Plus over the moon about my boy playing even better than last week against the premiers.
Skelton's second half was excellent - first half dodgy but made up for it.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not knowing how the alternative would of panned out?

We don't know moving our only strike weapon out of FB and playing a proven dud that can't even get the reserves FB spot wouldn't work?

We don't know playing 2 sick players was s shiy idea?

ETC...

I'm not calling for his head only because Flanno has got the Dragons job. Unless Gus gets a real coach to break his contract next year, we are stuck with this dud.
The only reason he moved Averillo into the half is who was going to be there?

Flanagan: had to play hooker reed was 50/50
Ko: injured
Khaled : No defence
Who else is there?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Skelton's second half was excellent - first half dodgy but made up for it.
Sounds weird but I'm glad he made mistakes because he learnt from them and didn't drop his head (like Casey did).

He is humble and has his head screwed on. He is a hard worker and you can tell he wants a FG spot and will do what's needed and more to get it.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The only reason he moved Averillo into the half is who was going to be there?

Flanagan: had to play hooker reed was 50/50
Ko: injured
Khaled : No defence
Who else is there?
1. Avo
7. Flamingo
9. Topine
13. Brown

14. Mahoney

Brown could of covered hooker as well if needed.

Biggest fuck up was moving our ONLY strike player out of FB and replacing him with a park footballer who can't even take the FB spot off Papa, a 19 year old.

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds weird but I'm glad he made mistakes because he learnt from them and didn't drop his head (like Casey did).

He is humble and has his head screwed on. He is a hard worker and you can tell he wants a FG spot and will do what's needed and more to get it.
I will say with Gus, that when he fucks up, he isn't scared to cut his losses and try again.. sometimes persistence pays off, often it doesn't.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well if we won, or win next week, I would praise the players only, CC has no idea and Gus looks like he has washed his hands of FG.

I like Gus, he isn't a God, he fucks up nearly as much as he gets it right. I'd rather have him than not have him.
Like I said a rookie coach that came a year early to help out, yes his fucked up a lot but he is learning and this year has been fucked with injuries.
All I’m saying as well is there is always an agenda with some kennel members win lose or draw.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
1. Avo
7. Flamingo
9. Topine
13. Brown

14. Mahoney

Brown could of covered hooker as well if needed.
Flamingo been playing 9 better choice
Topine is slow to be 9
Brown yes Mahoney shouldn’t have played.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

see the logic in that - if the club can get the forwards sorted - sutton n rfm moving on is a positive - i genuinely believe things will get better quickly. Im impatient to know who will be signed - ust hope they dont waste the cap n top 30 spots. Just two good middles would make a lot of difference.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Honestly he reminded me of frank the tank.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Like I said a rookie coach that came a year early to help out, yes his fucked up a lot but he is learning and this year has been fucked with injuries.
All I’m saying as well is there is always an agenda with some kennel members win lose or draw.
With some there might be an agenda, I personally don't see how an agenda on an internet forum is going to work/change anything.

Majority of us on here just want us to turn good after 7 putrid years with no improvement.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Flamingo been playing 9 better choice
Topine is slow to be 9
Brown yes Mahoney shouldn’t have played.
Flamingo had to be HB as no other option.

Topine can tackle and Brown plays lock in reserves and can cover 9 too.

What's done is done now, now we just wait till 4pm tomorrow to get over yesterday.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ciraldo very happy with lots of positives to take from the game. Good to see him so chipper and upbeat. Thanks Cam I feel much better now.
He did explain that we had 15 of our 30 unavailable, and some who were not fully recovered from the 'flu going on to help plug some gaps. Considering that we had a team that was nowhere near our top side, and players who were not fully recovered from the 'flu, we did well not to let the Panthers get past 44, and to put on some points against them.

Great try from Skelton, btw.