Official Dogs 2023 Attack Currently better than the Roosters

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I do enjoy how everyone looks at Burton in defence yet he missed one tackle in the 8 tries they scored on our goal Line.
Every clown wearing our jersey was at fault for the poor goal line D yesterday not just one bloke. Something is horribly wrong with our defence it’s pathetic any team that gets within ten metres will score on us lately.
I reckon his defence is poor bro. Not just missed tackles but breaks are caused from poor reads too.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For all the doom and gloom, without the superstar roster and having a hand brake at FB for 2/3 of the season we've got a better attack than the premiership favourites.
This is prime loser mentality shit brother.

Just like when old mate tried to say everything is OK with getting 66 put on us by the knights, because the Tigers conceded more

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Try tackling a motorbike a few times and explain your decision making process
He isn’t the only hooker in the game that has to make lots of tackles but I don’t see the others throw wayward passes and deliberately kick for nothing on tackles 2 or 3

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cameron Ciraldo is worse than Trent Barrett. Trent didn’t have us conceding 66 points to the Newcastle Knights or have us conceding close to 50+ points on average every game since byes. Trent Barrett had a much much worser squad to work with too. Trent was a poor coach without a doubt but Ciraldo is much worse
The common denominator has been Burton at 6 and Flanagan at 7 for most of these tenures.

Add the fact we had Perham at the back and you can see why we had no chance.

I still can't get over not resigning Averillo. Absolute disaster for Gus, CC and the club.
Disaster

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Cameron Ciraldo is worse than Trent Barrett. Trent didn’t have us conceding 66 points to the Newcastle Knights or have us conceding close to 50+ points on average every game since byes. Trent Barrett had a much much worser squad to work with too. Trent was a poor coach without a doubt but Ciraldo is much worse
Nah. I couldn't stand watching the terrible footy we played under Barrett. I'd rather lose 50-20 than 30-0.

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We have conceded 90 points extra compared to the Tigers who have been pumped by50 points several times. I really don’t see how there is any positives out of being ahead of the Roosters
because it's the Roosters...

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He isn’t the only hooker in the game that has to make lots of tackles but I don’t see the others throw wayward passes and deliberately kick for nothing on tackles 2 or 3
He could be better, no question. But I'd rather have someone who tries too hard and makes mistakes, than the something else.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Our defense is turnstile won’t see Roosters no matter how much you despise them have a prop fall over the try line. Yesterday was beyond amateur level it’s one thing to concede 40 a game it’s the manner in which we do it some of the tries we’ve concede not only yesterday have never been seen in first grade. I get Ciraldo has a lot of inexperienced players running out but you can’t ignore the fact we have 0 sign of structure in defense makes you wonder what he’s actually doing on the training ground.
It wasn’t the defensive structure conceding those soft tries from dummy half, both were caused by an obvious lack of strength….the Willison try from Broncos, he saw Topine and Morrin in the line and he backed his size and strength over them and won…

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not singing Ciraldo any praises here, but Barrett had a head coaching stint with a strong roster at Manly before he came to us. He did shit there too, but the point is it wasn't his first dance with us.

I don't know what methods Ciraldo has up his sleeve to improve the defence, but it is the first year where he's the one in the hot seat. I'm far from impressed with losing by half a century, but it is a fresh start next year. If we aren't drastically better I'll get aggro then. It's been pretty disruptive to have the injury toll we've copped. We've had a couple of losses that wouldn't have been losses if the refs didn't screw us. And now I think that fatigue has set in hard with a lot of reserve grade players having had to step up into a far more demanding and fast paced level of competition.

So not excusing the losses. But I'm not ready to write off Ciraldo just yet.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Need 3 more Preston’s next year, 2 bulked up front row versions as well.
Nasheed here,
Is Preston really that good though?

Dotn get me wrong I think he is good value for money and first grada material but ninjas up in here always make him out to be Steve Menzies.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I reckon his defence is poor bro. Not just missed tackles but breaks are caused from poor reads too.
Im not saying it’s not. But he’s not alone our goal line defence is disgusting and it’s not just one player. A lot are not up to NRL standard.
Kiraz and Sexton missed a simple miss for try 2.
Morrin for the 15 to score from dummy half are a couple of examples from yesterday.