Broncos Rocked As Payne Haas Hits Open Market

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe this is why Tino isn't coming.

This Daily Telegraph Story has just been released.
Can Someone with Access please post the Article.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score

Payne Haas has requested an immediate release from his NRL contract with the Brisbane Broncos after discussions about a pay rise broke down, with the 22-year-old also furious over alleged unfair treatment.
The Broncos have said he will not be let out of his contract, even making the shock claim that talks over an extension are continuing.

The damaging front-rower has been on a collision course with the club for some time, believing his $750,000 salary represents a huge underpayment given his incredible form and ability.
There is a belief around the game he could command a $1 million yearly salary if he hit the open market - something Haas and his new management team are acutely aware of.
The Broncos issued a hard-line statement on Thursday afternoon in response to the news of his release request.
“Payne Haas is contracted to the Brisbane Broncos until the end of the 2024 NRL season,” the club said.
“The club will not be entertaining a release.
“The club remains in ongoing discussions with Payne’s management about what the next phase looks like for him at the Broncos.
“That includes ongoing dialogue about an extension to his current contract.”

https://www.thekennel.net.au/forum/https:

Payne Haas.
P

Haas confirmed on Instagram he will play for the Broncos against Gold Coast on Friday night.
“All that matters is we got a game tomorrow night and all my focus is on that,” he wrote.
“All I can control is giving my all tomorrow night for my teammates and you guys (the fans).”
7NEWS has revealed Haas’s discontent extends to raising concerns about unfair treatment among teammates with the club.
“He’s really angry with the club after being publicly shamed and forced to front the media over off-field misdemeanours,” Michelle Bishop reported.
Bishop added Haas has pointed to young gun Selwyn Cobbo being protected amid his recent court case on driving charges as an example.
Up to four clubs are reportedly interested in signing Haas, with the forward continually linked to the Roosters and Dolphins.
7NEWS understands the Roosters does not have room to sign Haas this season if he does earn a release from the Broncos.
Before the courts

The impasse comes as the Broncos’ three-time best-and-fairest winner engages in a courtroom battle with former manager Chris Orr, who is entitled to a commission until the current deal he struck expires.
Since changing managers Haas has been angling for an upgrade, of the belief he is being underpaid on the deal he initially agreed to.
The Broncos are keen to secure him, reportedly tabling a $6 million contract - it would have been the richest in NRL history for a prop forward - only for the 22-year-old to knock it back.
Haas’ brother Klese signed a two-year deal with Gold Coast earlier on Thursday, the younger sibling still represented by Orr’s management company in spite of Payne’s issues.
Payne Haas has also been backed by Brisbane despite being the subject of three separate NRL integrity unit investigations during his time at the club.
Earlier this season he was suspended for his scuffle with teammate Albert Kelly.
The 22-year-old was last year accused of intimidating a female police officer and in 2019 was punished for failing to cooperate with an NRL investigation.
The distraction comes on the eve of the State of Origin series, with Haas again expected to play a key role for NSW.

How Blues coach Brad Fittler views the stand-off will be crucial, with the mentor wary of contract negotiations interfering with his team’s campaign.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Payne Haas has requested an immediate release from his NRL contract with the Brisbane Broncos after discussions about a pay rise broke down, with the 22-year-old also furious over alleged unfair treatment.
The Broncos have said he will not be let out of his contract, even making the shock claim that talks over an extension are continuing.

The damaging front-rower has been on a collision course with the club for some time, believing his $750,000 salary represents a huge underpayment given his incredible form and ability.
There is a belief around the game he could command a $1 million yearly salary if he hit the open market - something Haas and his new management team are acutely aware of.
The Broncos issued a hard-line statement on Thursday afternoon in response to the news of his release request.
“Payne Haas is contracted to the Brisbane Broncos until the end of the 2024 NRL season,” the club said.
“The club will not be entertaining a release.
“The club remains in ongoing discussions with Payne’s management about what the next phase looks like for him at the Broncos.
“That includes ongoing dialogue about an extension to his current contract.”

https://www.thekennel.net.au/forum/https:

Payne Haas.
P

Haas confirmed on Instagram he will play for the Broncos against Gold Coast on Friday night.
“All that matters is we got a game tomorrow night and all my focus is on that,” he wrote.
“All I can control is giving my all tomorrow night for my teammates and you guys (the fans).”
7NEWS has revealed Haas’s discontent extends to raising concerns about unfair treatment among teammates with the club.
“He’s really angry with the club after being publicly shamed and forced to front the media over off-field misdemeanours,” Michelle Bishop reported.
Bishop added Haas has pointed to young gun Selwyn Cobbo being protected amid his recent court case on driving charges as an example.
Up to four clubs are reportedly interested in signing Haas, with the forward continually linked to the Roosters and Dolphins.
7NEWS understands the Roosters does not have room to sign Haas this season if he does earn a release from the Broncos.
Before the courts

The impasse comes as the Broncos’ three-time best-and-fairest winner engages in a courtroom battle with former manager Chris Orr, who is entitled to a commission until the current deal he struck expires.
Since changing managers Haas has been angling for an upgrade, of the belief he is being underpaid on the deal he initially agreed to.
The Broncos are keen to secure him, reportedly tabling a $6 million contract - it would have been the richest in NRL history for a prop forward - only for the 22-year-old to knock it back.
Haas’ brother Klese signed a two-year deal with Gold Coast earlier on Thursday, the younger sibling still represented by Orr’s management company in spite of Payne’s issues.
Payne Haas has also been backed by Brisbane despite being the subject of three separate NRL integrity unit investigations during his time at the club.
Earlier this season he was suspended for his scuffle with teammate Albert Kelly.
The 22-year-old was last year accused of intimidating a female police officer and in 2019 was punished for failing to cooperate with an NRL investigation.
The distraction comes on the eve of the State of Origin series, with Haas again expected to play a key role for NSW.

How Blues coach Brad Fittler views the stand-off will be crucial, with the mentor wary of contract negotiations interfering with his team’s campaign.
That's the wrong article this one is from May 22

MOVE.80

M-Power
Reaction score
BRONCOS BOMBSHELL AS PAYNE HAAS HITS OPEN MARKET, BIG- MONEY SCRAMBLE IMMINEN
Telegraph Sport
Brisbane powerhouse Payne Haas has dropped a bombshell on the Broncos with the star prop to create a big-money scramble by heading to the open market.
Brisbane powerhouse Payne Haas has dropped a bombshell on the Broncos with his management confirming he will launch a multi-million dollar scramble for his services by heading to the open market on November 1.
Haas, who missed NSW’s win over Queensland on Wednesday night with an ankle injury, is regarded as the No.1 forward in the game and is bound to have no shortage of suitors in rugby league and rugby union.
The Bulldogs, Brisbane’s opponent on Saturday afternoon, are expected to be at the front of the queue as they look to supercharge their rebuild under head of football Phil Gould.
Revelations that Haas intends to go to market will be a sledgehammer blow to the Broncos. The club has been attempting to strike a deal with their star man since last year, when Haas stunned the club by requesting a release when talks over a new deal hit a roadblock.
The Broncos convinced Haas to stay but they have been unable to convince him to sign an extension since and his agent Ahmad Merhi confirmed to Sport Confidential that his client would head to the open market to get an accurate gauge of his worth.
“We’re pretty clear that we are going to wait until November 1,” Merhi said. “We’re four months away from November 1 and it would ...be a smart decision to wait until November 1 seeing Payne is the player he is and there is a possibility he may get the Dally M award this year.
“We have discussed it and we are going to wait until November 1. His (preference) is to stay in Brisbane. He also understands that there are other opportunities so he wants to look at those opportunities when they present themselves and then go from there – weigh up the pros and cons and go from there.”
Haas is due to earn $848,000 next season but would easily command seven figures on the open market.
Merhi confirmed Haas was on a list of players sent to clubs in Australia and England who were coming off contract at the end of next season.
The Australian Rugby Union has also expressed an interest in Haas as they look to continue the assault on rugby league that began with the recruitment of Sydney Roosters teenage sensation Joseph Suaalii.
Merhi insisted Haas’ preference was to stay at Brisbane and play for coach Kevin Walters but he owed it to himself to explore his options.
“We hear the rumours as well about Australian rugby and the Bulldogs,” Merhi said.
“I can tell you it is all just hearsay. We do our usual rounds of sending a list to all the clubs in the NRL and in the UK saying these are the players coming off in 2024 and they are up for negotiation on November 1.
“They all respond with the same response – keen to talk about Payne. I think Payne’s concerns last year (with Brisbane) were about being in a competitive team.
“I know he wants to tick boxes and I am allowing those boxes to be ticked. He is ticking boxes at the moment – they are winning, he is in a competitive side.
“I know why he wants to play for Kevvie – Kevvie is a gentleman. Commercially he will wait until November 1.
“Ultimately it is his decision – he has to weigh up the pros and cons.”
Haas missed Wednesday’s Origin through injury and won’t play against the Bulldogs on Saturday. He is due back from an ankle injury next week.

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Via Telegraph Sport
Brent Read and Michael Carayannis

Brisbane powerhouse Payne Haas has dropped a bombshell on the Broncos with the star prop to create a big-money scramble by heading to the open market.

Brisbane powerhouse Payne Haas has dropped a bombshell on the Broncos with his management confirming he will launch a multi-million dollar scramble for his services by heading to the open market on November 1.

Haas, who missed NSW’s win over Queensland on Wednesday night with an ankle injury, is regarded as the No.1 forward in the game and is bound to have no shortage of suitors in rugby league and rugby union.

The Bulldogs, Brisbane’s opponent on Saturday afternoon, are expected to be at the front of the queue as they look to supercharge their rebuild under head of football Phil Gould.

Revelations that Haas intends to go to market will be a sledgehammer blow to the Broncos. The club has been attempting to strike a deal with their star man since last year, when Haas stunned the club by requesting a release when talks over a new deal hit a roadblock.

The Broncos convinced Haas to stay but they have been unable to convince him to sign an extension since and his agent Ahmad Merhi confirmed to Sport Confidential that his client would head to the open market to get an accurate gauge of his worth.

“We’re pretty clear that we are going to wait until November 1,” Merhi said. “We’re four months away from November 1 and it would ...be a smart decision to wait until November 1 seeing Payne is the player he is and there is a possibility he may get the Dally M award this year.

“We have discussed it and we are going to wait until November 1. His (preference) is to stay in Brisbane. He also understands that there are other opportunities so he wants to look at those opportunities when they present themselves and then go from there – weigh up the pros and cons and go from there.”

Haas is due to earn $848,000 next season but would easily command seven figures on the open market.

Merhi confirmed Haas was on a list of players sent to clubs in Australia and England who were coming off contract at the end of next season.

The Australian Rugby Union has also expressed an interest in Haas as they look to continue the assault on rugby league that began with the recruitment of Sydney Roosters teenage sensation Joseph Suaalii.

Merhi insisted Haas’ preference was to stay at Brisbane and play for coach Kevin Walters but he owed it to himself to explore his options.

“We hear the rumours as well about Australian rugby and the Bulldogs,” Merhi said.

“I can tell you it is all just hearsay. We do our usual rounds of sending a list to all the clubs in the NRL and in the UK saying these are the players coming off in 2024 and they are up for negotiation on November 1.

“They all respond with the same response – keen to talk about Payne. I think Payne’s concerns last year (with Brisbane) were about being in a competitive team.

“I know he wants to tick boxes and I am allowing those boxes to be ticked. He is ticking boxes at the moment – they are winning, he is in a competitive side.

“I know why he wants to play for Kevvie – Kevvie is a gentleman. Commercially he will wait until November 1.

Haas missed Wednesday’s Origin through injury and won’t play against the Bulldogs on Saturday. He is due back from an ankle injury next week.

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Give the cocksucker 1 million a year, fuck even 1.2 million a year. We need this big fuckin animal here. I'll even organise a private jet so he can visit his motha in the joint whenever he likes and I'll make a few phone calls to have his motha protected on the inside. I know some women in the joint up in that shit hole QLD, few of em use to do some hits for the famlies up in Brisbane and some use to just give out blowjobs for a wine and dine dinner with some of the boys

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
BRONCOS BOMBSHELL AS PAYNE HAAS HITS OPEN MARKET, BIG- MONEY SCRAMBLE IMMINEN
Telegraph Sport
Can you post the link want to copy paste

Malla

Reaction score
Yep, but that's when you sign marquees for 2025.
I know, but the article insinuates this is breaking news. This has always been the news. We can negotiate with him on Nov 1. By the looks of it, he wants out of Broncos.

Malla

Reaction score
Give the cocksucker 1 million a year, fuck even 1.2 million a year. We need this big fuckin animal here. I'll even organise a private jet so he can visit his motha in the joint whenever he likes and I'll make a few phone calls to have his motha protected on the inside. I know some women in the joint up in that shit hole QLD, few of em use to do some hits for the famlies up in Brisbane and some use to just give out blowjobs for a wine and dine dinner with some of the boys
1mil a year, get him land somewhere in liverpool region to build his own mosque instead of shares in a pub (haram), get him weekly mentoring sessions with sbw. whatever it takes!

Rocket64

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Place the article in the top draw until Nov .. nothing doing here until then .. imo, don’t think his mate TPJ will even be at Belmore after his contract expires .. inconsistent & lazy .. not the Dogs DNA

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Def think he has his heart set on leaving the broncos. The pay issue as well as last year Kevin was playing him huge minutes while he was clearly injured. Think that had made the situation untenable. He will def be somewhere else in 25, 24 could be hard would def require a player swap probably...Would love him here and if sexton works out we have saved over 500k on signing a half like hunt so we would def have the money.

EuroNymous

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He won’t leave this is management trying squeeze every dollar out of broncos

I reckon he will sign 2 year 2.4 mill contract with the brisbane