Next years centres

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You clearly haven't seen his defensive reads in nsw cup. He just needs to work on it. He's only been playing league just over a year ago. Coming from a rugby 7 background where defense is non existent its something that's going to take time
You can over look some defensive lapses, if other attributes can give you more or a regular basis

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Ethan Quai Ward is without a doubt the slowest outside back in the comp. Depth player. It’s Xerris spot for the taking
And not big/strong enough for the edge either....still a work in progress I guess.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You're preaching to the choir leader bro lol

He should take Knockonmors spot on the bench. Much better option.
I'm not adverse to pushing Kiraz in one spot now that he looks to be back to full fitness and playing Skelton on the wing

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
You can over look some defensive lapses, if other attributes can give you more or a regular basis
You cant when the team is leaking 30+ points a game.

Don't get me wrong I love his attacking ability but we don't need to rush him in straight away

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Basically posted the same thing lol

I think always having him 18th man is helping him read plays.
Yeah I dont want him 18th man bro. Either let him ply his trade in reggies and if possible a bench spot in first grade. Ease him in against the big boys

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

Don't get me wrong I love his attacking ability but we don't need to rush him in straight away
I'm happy to have him on the bench for the rest of the year.

If Flanno isn't going to be used to give Reed a breather, then give his spot to Skelton.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Yeah I dont want him 18th man bro. Either let him ply his trade in reggies and if possible a bench spot in first grade. Ease him in against the big boys
I know I'm biased AF (lol) but give him Flamingos bench spot.

PS I should of worded it better but I don't want him to stay 18th, just saying him reading the plays better has come from being 18th man and seeing it on ground level.

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You clearly haven't seen his defensive reads in nsw cup. He just needs to work on it. He's only been playing league just over a year ago. Coming from a rugby 7 background where defense is non existent its something that's going to take time
Ive seen it but its not anything worse than Ward or Alamoti etc. So id rather take that risk and have him tear teams apart in attack.

Look as long as the club doesnt fuck this up and we keep him for a while. Cause today he showed the other clubs at NRL level what he can do in attack.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

We leak plenty of points, no question. We also have problems scoring points. He can create points and might not be any worse defensively than players who can't create points . . . It's relative

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lmao. Souths literally scored multiple tries though him because his defence was atrocious. He couldn't even make contact at times he was that bad.
How many fg games has he played ? On debut and has only been at the club a matter of weeks

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
How many fg games has he played ? On debut and has only been at the club a matter of weeks
You realise he's 24 this year and not an 18 year old kid? Experience is also completely irrelevant when he has the mobility of a prop defending in the centres. He just isn't a good centre and isn't going to be.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You realise he's 24 this year and not an 18 year old kid? Experience is also completely irrelevant when he has the mobility of a prop defending in the centres. He just isn't a good centre and isn't going to be.
Lol, pretty sure you said I was wrong for suggesting Avo and Alomoti wouldn't be our centres next year . . . Eventually I might be wrong

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I doubt burns will be here next year, he will be cut for salary cap reasons
I hope he stays even if he's NSW cup centre, its great to have experienced guys like this in reserve grade, especially for a position we have plenty of depth for. Won't anyone of experience or development as I think Gabriel still young and Samrami can be other centre.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I hope he stays even if he's NSW cup centre, its great to have experienced guys like this in reserve grade, especially for a position we have plenty of depth for. Won't anyone of experience or development as I think Gabriel still young and Samrami can be other centre.
We signed that other reject from Qcup so probably not.