Sexton

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The most important thing he did tonight was let Burton play his own game without worrying about directing the team around
100%. Kinda what I was meaning with the NRL halfback doing NRL halfback things. Didn’t overplay his hand just took control at times when he needed to and made some critical effort plays.
From the short sample it looks like he has a reasonable running game which is another nice threat to have.

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Surely u have noticed we are also a reserve grade side... And Flannagan cant even consolidate a spot? Time to look deep and hard at the mirror.
I saw him huffin and puffin but I don't remember seeing him

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reminds me of Inu debut.
To me it remind me of Frawley debut. He gave our attack shape and composure in his first game but struggled for consistency thereafter.
Hopefully Sexton is a long term solution and I feel he will be as he has had success before as an NRL halfback.

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Sexton contributed more to the team in one game than Flanno, KO and Rajab did combined in every other game this season

It's like we have been playing every game without a halfback looking as disjointed as hell....and as soon as we get a proper halfback all of a sudden Burton comes to the fore, Sexton and Burton were combining both sides of the ruck and our backline moves looked half cohesive

And Sexton only had 2 sessions with the team and probably doesn't even know everyones name yet

Great first game and great signs for the future....well played young man...(and I love that his old man is already decked out in Doggies gear:grinning:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Great debut. It's amazing what having a halfback that plays deep into the line, has vision and runs with the ball in two hands does. Plus Averillo's pace opened things up too. It's no coincidence these two things led to Burton being freed up and having one of his best games for us.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Great debut. It's amazing what having a halfback that plays deep into the line, has vision and runs with the ball in two hands does. Plus Averillo's pace opened things up too. It's no coincidence these two things led to Burton being freed up and having one of his best games for us.
Smarter, confident and natural footballers.

I wasnt fussed about Averillo leaving but what he showed tonight was proof he is a natural who still has plenty of growth at FB.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You still being negative and trolling the forum I see.
Bull! The guy is a dh.Needs a perma-ban.

P.S I don't read a word it says but still sense its a jibbering flog :tearsofjoy: Not a good look Nash when your sticking up for dhs.

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The most important thing he did tonight was let Burton play his own game without worrying about directing the team around
Burto def not a 7 so that should put paid to that positional change and he can get on with his 5/8 development.

Reactions: TAS

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Didn't put a foot wrong in attack apart from giving away a 7 tackle set.

Solid game and definitely took some pressure off Burton to do everything.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Smarter, confident and natural footballers.

I wasnt fussed about Averillo leaving but what he showed tonight was proof he is a natural who still has plenty of growth at FB.
Should listen to me. His fitness is quite bad for fullback though, gassed about 60m into the game and his knee still seems to be an issue. Not giving him a full preseason and season training @ fullback looks like a mistake, especially when you consider who was playing ahead of him. Crichton better turn it on next year although I fully expect him to be back at centre by seasons end lol.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Credit where it’s due, Gus plucked this guy from the Titans and gave the team a genuine half… we’ve been desperate for one - loved how much talk is in him too.

All that’s left now is to fix our edge defence & find 2 strong middles.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Should listen to me. His fitness is quite bad for fullback though, gassed about 60m into the game and his knee still seems to be an issue. Not giving him a full preseason and season training @ fullback looks like a mistake, especially when you consider who was playing ahead of him. Crichton better turn it on next year although I fully expect him to be back at centre by seasons end lol.
At least with critta he won’t be dragged back all the time lol