Official Gus on Twitter

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He's been saying it for years, how to get clubs back to consistenant success.

We are all impatient as fans, which I won't blame anyone for. We want to fn win!

Hopefully, happy days ahead, in the future. Most probably, years into the future, as we build.
What would be a fair thing, years wise before fans could legitimately complain about lack of success? Thats the dilemma for Gus?

Dogiezz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What would be a fair thing, years wise before fans could legitimately complain about lack of success? Thats the dilemma for Gus?
Honestly, we just need to see some improvements. Small at first, maybe first couple of years, which is the way we are going. No way, we get instant success, look at the players available, f all, no point overpaying, putting a bandaid on.

Fans opinions, were better at the start of the year, shit happens and we all expect better results than we have had.

Top 8, top 4 were predictions, start of the year. Some fans were relestic in predicting bottom 8. We are a bottom 8 team, for now.

Trip down the mines...

Go the dogs!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
He's been saying it for years, how to get clubs back to consistenant success.

We are all impatient as fans, which I won't blame anyone for. We want to fn win!

Hopefully, happy days ahead, in the future. Most probably, years into the future, as we build.
It’s definitely frustrating as a fan and stressful at times but unfortunately that’s the reality it seems.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
We haven't learnt a thing
At least those ‘big buck’ players are playing FG though. That’s better than the big buck forward and half who haven’t played all year or was dropped to Cup and now playing a different position. That alone will make a big difference to our cap in 2024.

Remember how Tolman and Jackson used to get slaughtered on here and how both were rock solid in defence in the middle - wonder how different things may have been in those tight games if Jacko saw out his final contract year (which also affects our cap).

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
which is the worst outcome possible if we go back to November last year when we would of started looking for middle replacements.
Hindsight is easy though isn’t it.
In November 2022 no-one knew Thompson and Kikau would spend all/most of the year sidelined and that TPJ despite all the off-season fitness and motivation talk would also miss the first several games and be underwhelming on his return. I think it’s fair to say a lot of the 2024 view back then was based on the current squad knowing we were also carrying Jackson in the cap for 2023. Hindsight is easy…

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
It doesn’t sound like Gus is in as big a rush as the rest of us. Seems to be happy building through the juniors which takes time.
100% mate. And for all the experts saying he does nothing, spends too much time on Twitter etc - well maybe he has some spare time waiting for flights given he does a lot of travel on Bulldog business, sometimes attached to media commitments and sometimes not. I’m also happy for Nine to pay his airfares where possible. Oh - and he reports to the Bulldog board regularly too as plans unfold and adjust as needed.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
100% mate. And for all the experts saying he does nothing, spends too much time on Twitter etc - well maybe he has some spare time waiting for flights given he does a lot of travel on Bulldog business, sometimes attached to media commitments and sometimes not. I’m also happy for Nine to pay his airfares where possible. Oh - and he reports to the Bulldog board regularly too as plans unfold and adjust as needed.
Yeah I have no doubt he is working incredibly hard. Twitter might be how he lets off steam. Others do it in here by starting unnecessary threads and criticising like only an armchair expert can :tearsofjoy: I can understand both sides it’s just if people read the play it’s obvious by now what Gus strategy is.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I’ve heard the board is basically reporting to Gus. Gus is running the show with Hasler-esk authority and it is deeply concerning
I’ve heard that Gus is a prophet, sent from the god Anubis, to restore the bulldogs to their rightful place at the top of the NRL and vanquish rabbit and rooster to the burning fires of the underworld.
can’t reveal my source, but it’s solid.