News A Gus about nothing: Gould promised everything but Bulldogs going backwards under his watch

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Unlike yourself I have never been banned for trolling and yeah I supported barret in the beginning because he started well but it didn’t last. The funniest part of your post is that you dredged up posts from three years ago to get some “dirt” on me :laughing: :laughing: Pathetic cahunt.
That's quite a common occurence on TK.

Robdog111

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Unlike yourself I have never been banned for trolling and yeah I supported barret in the beginning because he started well but it didn’t last. The funniest part of your post is that you dredged up posts from three years ago to get some “dirt” on me :laughing: :laughing: Pathetic cahunt.
And should be banned for life.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate. I am taking your side. I am saying he should be banned. He is a troll 100%.
You’re a troll. 4 posts and all of them going out of Your way to accuse someone of being a troll. The hypocrisy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep can see he’s mentally challenged, dunno bout the top bloke part. He’s verbally assaulted me repeteadly due to difference of opinion on footy. Just returning serve, @1967 style, but better
Hey Fizbo the clown … Stop tagging me in on your crap posts and comments … like 95% of people on here, I’m not interested in anything you have to say ..

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
in my kevin walters brisbane investigation i found the june 2021 video where gould says walters brisbane premiership in 3 years claims is pie in the sky stuff, and then he talked about brisbane not being a short term fix and they needed to rebuild back differently, it sounded like he was advocating for brisbane to follow his penith and now bulldogs long term blueprint

so if he was brisbane football boss then he would pursue the long term plan, maybe not back walters with the players to win now, then maybe brisbane players have a ready made excuse and don't worry about trying to win immediately and gould would have fucked them while brisbane fans remained unaware

btw if gould advises every club in the nrl and they all adopt his plans to perfection, then somebody would still win the competition and somebody would still finish last, how about you do your long term planning in the background and concurrently produce a competitive team?, im guessing thats what he is trying to do and failing

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
How many 5 year plans has Gus had over the years?
there was the destroy the bulldogs plan of the mid 90's, he was finally able to achieve that on commentary in 2007, that team was quickly dismantled and modernised with greenberg soon producing a moneyball calves blood injecting coach that ruined everything

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Hey Fizbo the clown … Stop tagging me in on your crap posts and comments … like 95% of people on here, I’m not interested in anything you have to say ..
Aren't you and @04 Dreaming the same person?

You both waffle on about shit. Thought it would be obvious.... :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How are Penrith and the Warriors going?
Definitely on the upwards trend.

That being said, you take 4 points off them for refs gifting games against us and sharks (I think that was the other dodgy game) then they are out of the top 8

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
in my kevin walters brisbane investigation i found the june 2021 video where gould says walters brisbane premiership in 3 years claims is pie in the sky stuff, and then he talked about brisbane not being a short term fix and they needed to rebuild back differently, it sounded like he was advocating for brisbane to follow his penith and now bulldogs long term blueprint

so if he was brisbane football boss then he would pursue the long term plan, maybe not back walters with the players to win now, then maybe brisbane players have a ready made excuse and don't worry about trying to win immediately and gould would have fucked them while brisbane fans remained unaware

btw if gould advises every club in the nrl and they all adopt his plans to perfection, then somebody would still win the competition and somebody would still finish last, how about you do your long term planning in the background and concurrently produce a competitive team?, im guessing thats what he is trying to do and failing
The Donkeys 4 of their 5 spine players (I include lock) are local juniors, only Reynolds is an import. Which is exactly what Gould is saying and doing, under the Cap you can't afford to be signing quality established NRL level players in every position, the majority need to be locals.

The Donkeys also have a well developed pathways system which until this year we had dissmantled. Which is exactly what Gould is saying and doing, reinstating and developing new pathways.

The Donkeys also have locked in junior clubs that develop players for them, they have literally hundreds to recruit from. Which is exactly what Gould is saying and doing with links to clubs in NSW, Qld, NZ and more recently Fiji.

The major difference with the Donkeys is that they had more developed locals than we do because Hasler got rid of the pathways that ours should have come up through. Plainly with 4 locals in the spine that helps immensely.

Adding Reynolds was their 1 missing spine piece, I wish we only had 1 missing piece. KWalters also recognised that his 2022 support staff weren't up to it, for 2023 he got rid of SWalters (ouch nepotism) and Terry Matterson and promoted Matt Ballin and John Cartwright.

Always a Bulldog

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
The Donkeys 4 of their 5 spine players (I include lock) are local juniors, only Reynolds is an import. Which is exactly what Gould is saying and doing, under the Cap you can't afford to be signing quality established NRL level players in every position, the majority need to be locals.

The Donkeys also have a well developed pathways system which until this year we had dissmantled. Which is exactly what Gould is saying and doing, reinstating and developing new pathways.

The Donkeys also have locked in junior clubs that develop players for them, they have literally hundreds to recruit from. Which is exactly what Gould is saying and doing with links to clubs in NSW, Qld, NZ and more recently Fiji.

The major difference with the Donkeys is that they had more developed locals than we do because Hasler got rid of the pathways that ours should have come up through. Plainly with 4 locals in the spine that helps immensely.

Adding Reynolds was their 1 missing spine piece, I wish we only had 1 missing piece. KWalters also recognised that his 2022 support staff weren't up to it, for 2023 he got rid of SWalters (ouch nepotism) and Terry Matterson and promoted Matt Ballin and John Cartwright.

Always a Bulldog
so kevin walters moved quickly and now his claim that he can win a premiership in 3 years (by 2024) is not a pie in the sky, so the point is gould didn't recognise it at the time and he thinks his way is the only way

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
so kevin walters moved quickly and now his claim that he can win a premiership in 3 years (by 2024) is not a pie in the sky, so the point is gould didn't recognise it at the time and he thinks his way is the only way
Walters is doing it Gould's way, mostly locals (4 out of 5 spine players) and then fill in with recruits (Reynolds). That's Gould's method, maybe Walters listened, understood and actually followed what Gould was telling him.

Always a Bulldog

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Walters is doing it Gould's way, mostly locals (4 out of 5 spine players) and then fill in with recruits (Reynolds). That's Gould's method, maybe Walters listened, understood and actually followed what Gould was telling him.

Always a Bulldog
gould specifically said that its a pie in the sky fantasy that bronco's can win the premiership in 3 years and its not a short term fix

don't try to spin this, if this is goulds way then you could do it in 2 years, you can do it in 2 months even

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
gould specifically said that its a pie in the sky fantasy that bronco's can win the premiership in 3 years and its not a short term fix

don't try to spin this, if this is goulds way then you could do it in 2 years, you can do it in 2 months even
The Donkeys had their pathways in order, plenty of juniors coming through, that's their head start on others (like us, who don't). Without that 2 years (2 months FMD) isn't remotely possible.

Perhaps some facts, quote first for completeness;
"It’s not a short-term fix. Kevin Walters saying he’ll win a premiership in three years is pie in the sky stuff. That’s him being hopeful and trying to give hope to his fans. "

Gould made that comment on Monday June 21, 2021 on 100% Footy
Did the Donkeys win a premiership in 2021 - No
Did the Donkeys win a premiership in 2022 - No
Have they won the 2023 Premiership - No, but they still could.
If they don't then Gould was correct, 3 years no premiership.

Of course we could be pedantic and claim the 3 years doesn't finish until June 20 2024, but if the Donkeys don't win it this year then they can't win a premiership in June 2024.

Always a Bulldog