Should the dogs offer the dragons Mahoney to secure Hunt?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Hi la familiars,

Before you scoff, just think about it. The Dragons are really reluctant to let Hunt go, and while Hunt has made it clear he wants to go back to Queensland, I’m sure if the Dragons said he could go, but only to the Bulldogs because they wanted something out of the deal and there was no way they were compromising on that, he’d take it.

Mahoney has been really bad this year. Playing nowhere near well enough to justify his pay packet. What’s more, we’ve seen over the past few months we already have a better hooker than him languishing in reserve grade who is on less money.

While Mahoney is as overrated as fuck, I’m sure the Dragons are a dumb enough club to see this as a good deal.

The answer is right there in front of us - extend Flanagan for the value of his current contract, or even a little less, offer the Dragons Mahoney plus a transfer fee, and get Hunt.

But we would have to act quick because by all accounts the broncos already have their clammy paws all over him and a deal could be imminent.

It’s such a simple solution any competent team manager should have seen it before I did. Maybe I should be our director of football.

Swoosh! Nothin’ but net!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
More like an air ball...

Hunt is going to Brisbane, then the Titans..

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
More like an air ball...

Hunt is going to Brisbane, then the Titans..
Not if St George don’t agree to it. They are still digging their heels in. We need to offer them a deal sweetener while there is time.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Won’t happen hunt wants to go home
He wants to go to QLD though. Unless we relocate to QLD it's not happening.
Did either of you read the post?

He may want to go home, but he’s Bret contract. He may not have a choice. The broncos of titans haven’t offered St George shit and St George don’t want to let him go. Hunt would rather play for another Sydney club than the dragons, I’m sure.

If we offer the dragons a sweetener and they tell him he’s not going anywhere unless it’s here, we could still get him, baby!

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not if St George don’t agree to it. They are still digging their heels in. We need to offer them a deal sweetener while there is time.
I would say, the zoom meeting was a success for all parties.

See what happens when clubs put their differences aside.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I would say, the zoom meeting was a success for all parties.

See what happens when clubs put their differences aside.
We’ll see how successful it was when a club actually offers St George a bargaining chip. Not done until he has signed on the line, baby!

And if Gus has missed his opportunity, it just further demonstrates why we need to get rid of him.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Lets fuck off one of the better hookers in the comp who still has years ahead of him, for a half back that might have 2 years left him in. Yeah good flanaflop
Mahoney is not one of the better hooks in the comp any more. He has bled missed tackles and taken wrong options all year. Getting rid of him would be a win in itself.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

He may want to go home, but he’s Bret contract. He may not have a choice. The broncos of titans haven’t offered St George shit and St George don’t want to let him go. Hunt would rather play for another Sydney club than the dragons, I’m sure.

If we offer the dragons a sweetener and they tell him he’s not going anywhere unless it’s here, we could still get him, baby!
I know what you're doing.. And I'll take no further part in it.. Happy fishing

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

How about offering the son for the sweetener.. he’s now a hooker and surely dad won’t say no

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I know what you're doing.. And I'll take no further part in it.. Happy fishing
It’s getting really old with all you people just saying I’m fishing. I’ve been pretty toned down since I came back. And look around you, Fam - I em far from the only one who sees a big problem with Ciraldope OR Mahoney. So if you’re going to label me troll, tell me rationally what is wrong with wanting to get rid of a dead weight hooker and a coach who is like a boulder on the team’s ankle?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
How about offering the son for the sweetener.. he’s now a hooker and surely dad won’t say no
Because the son is better and comes cheaper, but for some reason, Mahoney still has a reputation which may get the dragons interested.

Dogzzz of War

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mahoney is not one of the better hooks in the comp any more. He has bled missed tackles and taken wrong options all year. Getting rid of him would be a win in itself.
Mahoney burst onto the scene with us and was class for the first 10 games. He did a hell of a lot of defence and was battering himself. I recall early in the season he was putting on big shots every week and was a standout defender. The poor bastard has had little help around him and his current form is probably a reflection of that and the burden of being captain of a side that is clueless in attack, soft in the middle and getting outclassed all too often. I think he needs a reset, a 2 week suspension would be ideal to give him a break.