No Source Does the Ben Hunt rumblings have any Legs ?

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Titans for sure... We no chance
Possibly, but why would anyone in their right mind choose to play for the tits?? He is a qld’er so possibly not the sharpest stick…although in saying that, playing for us has been the equivalent of purgatory for nearly the last decade..

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I’d grant it if I was them. I certainly wouldn’t want my captain and marquee halfback not wanting to be there.
they'll work something out in the off season no chance he leaves this season

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
BREAKINGNRL 2023: Dragons reject Ben Hunt’s request for release from contract
The impending arrival of Shane Flanagan has done little to settle Ben Hunt’s doubts about his St George Illawarra future, after requesting a shock release from the Dragons.

Michael Carayannis, Phil Rothfield and David Riccio

2 min read
June 17, 2023 - 5:09PM
News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom

0 comments

04:05
Ben Hunt addresses future after Shane Flanagan hired to Dragons
NRL: Queenslander and Dragon Ben Hunt addresses the Shane Flanagan news, with the halfback excited about getting an
... more
View more related videos

Incoming St George Illawarra coach Shane Flanagan has flatly rejected captain Ben Hunt’s request for an early release.
Hunt has indicated to the Dragons management that he wants to exit his deal early despite having two years left on a contract he only signed last year.
Hunt apparently wants to return to Queensland however he has held discussions with the Bulldogs.

The Titans are also ready to strike to with a $900,000 a year offer. Hunt’s current million dollar deal at the Dragons dips below that next season.
Hunt is not the only player dissatisfied at the Dragons. The likes of Jack Bird, Jaydn Su’A and Zac Lomax have also expressed their concerns to club management.
The Dragons have rejected a release request from Ben Hunt. Picture: Getty Images.

The Dragons have rejected a release request from Ben Hunt. Picture: Getty Images.
The impending arrival of premiership winning coach Flanagan has apparently done little to temper his doubts of the club following the sacking of good friend Anthony Griffin earlier this year.
Flanagan met with Hunt recently prior to being appointed the Dragons coach and indicated the pair had a close relationship. So much so that Flanagan wanted to mould Hunt into his Paul Gallen clone. During Flanagan’s time at Cronulla, Gallen was his right hand man and helped drive a lot of the recruitment decisions at the club.

Flanagan hoped Hunt would do the same. Just before news broke of Hunt’s potential departure, Flanagan was confident that Hunt would have an influential role with the club.
Flanagan told this masthead that the club would not entertain releasing Flanagan.
“He’ll be captain and our halfback and we’ll move forward,” Flanagan said.
“He’s got a contract. I haven’t bothered him because he’s in Origin camp but we’ll chat after the game.”
The Dragons have landed Shane Flanagan as their head coach for 2024, but that has failed to quell Hunt’s doubts about his future at the club. Picture: Getty Images.

The Dragons have landed Shane Flanagan as their head coach for 2024, but that has failed to quell Hunt’s doubts about his future at the club. Picture: Getty Images.
Hunt failed to quell doubts surrounding his future when he fronted the media while in Maroons Origin camp this week.
“I really haven’t made any decisions on (my future) yet. I haven’t talked to ‘Flanno’ or anyone since the decisions were made,” Hunt said.
“There’s always a couple of clubs interested that have thrown their hat in the ring. I’m not going to go into too many details.
More Coverage
Signing shock: Bulldogs lead race to sign NRL bad boyRoosters star’s fractured jaw fears in freak accident
“I haven’t had any official offers or anything from anyone at all. At the moment I’m contracted to the Dragons.”
The 33-year-old played his 300th game earlier this year.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Rejected already. This could turn ugly.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I think a player swap is imminent if theres a chance of them granting a release

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If he wants to go home to QLD, we are not even a chance and just being used to push up his contract.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I’ll stick to my optimism thank you very much.
But I’ll ask for an elaboration. What issues did he have at Parra that he still has now? I don’t see it.
He's a spot player and it was an issue at Parra and a bigger issue now. Parra had arguably the best performing pack in the game last season so it was only ever going to be a bigger issue when he joined us. This is a huge reason why our ruck defence is an absolute joke this season. Mahoney's minutes need to be managed because he doesn't have 80 good minute in him as things stand right now.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I can’t wait till he is fkn killing it and see you back peddle **** lol
I hope I'm wrong because I don't want us to be stuck with another overpaid outside back.

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here we are thinking we’re in the hunt.
Then boom smell of roast chicken in the distance .rooster rorters