Another Tino special. Were we lucky not to have lost our captain to a Brocken jaw?

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Does the nrl need to look into this more closely.
No need for the NRL to look at this because Tino plays for Queensland and the NRL doesn't want to compromise the spectacle of the State of Origin games.

Also, even though Tino has done the same thing twice in a row causing different degrees of injury to two players, it's just rugby league and is not his go. He's a good bloke and just a rough and tumble larrikin.

Nothing to see here - move along.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
No need for the NRL to look at this because Tino plays for Queensland and the NRL doesn't want to compromise the spectacle of the State of Origin games.

Also, even though Tino has done the same thing twice in a row causing different degrees of injury to two players, it's just rugby league and is not his go. He's a good bloke and just a rough and tumble larrikin.

Nothing to see here - move along.
You're quoting the Fox call team. The same people who declared Preston's tackle a "classic leg drop".
Tino is a Queenslander - that's like having green P plates - he can do anything.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’ve no problem with raising your forearm but contact with the head should be treated the same way defenders are.

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The more things change, the more they stay the same. Slater and his kung-fu bomb catching technique was also deemed "nothing to see here" although he was studding defenders in the throat.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The more things change, the more they stay the same. Slater and his kung-fu bomb catching technique was also deemed "nothing to see here" although he was studding defenders in the throat.
Opposition players are allowed to do anything they want to us because the club say nothing and allow the NRL to do whatever they want to us.

We buy players and coaches, but the NRL always finds a way to screw us.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Give it a rest people, yes Tino is seen as a dirty player by many but jeez I wish we had a tough forward like him leading our pack, not to mention I'm sure we'd all be saying it was a nothing incident if he was in our colours.
True
But he isn't in our colours.
If he was in our colours, he would have been sent off and suspended for 6 weeks.

That's what pisses us all off.

We just so sick of getting the rough end if the stick, we are desperate to see others cop it also.

Right or wrong, it's just bias passion.

Go the bulldogs

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Give it a rest people, yes Tino is seen as a dirty player by many but jeez I wish we had a tough forward like him leading our pack, not to mention I'm sure we'd all be saying it was a nothing incident if he was in our colours.
This is no different than when Klemmer went through that phase where he used to lift his knees before contact and he was called out on it.
People are unhappy because Tino knocked out Reed without punishment, and he then breaks Api’s jaw with the same action. Give it a rest with this hard man stuff. He’s a good player but needs to get that crap out of his game asap

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
True
But he isn't in our colours.
If he was in our colours, he would have been sent off and suspended for 6 weeks.

That's what pisses us all off.

We just so sick of getting the rough end if the stick, we are desperate to see others cop it also.

Right or wrong, it's just bias passion.

Go the bulldogs
Well said

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It was forceful contact to the head, which is evidenced by the fact the jaw was broken in two places. Api didn't put his head in a dangerous location. Yes RL is a contact sport, but it isn't a no holds barred contact sport, as evidenced by crackdowns on hip drops, crushers, swing arms, shoulder charges, punching, etc.

I wouldn't want to see one of our players do that, and I'd hope that they got pinged for it. Unfortunately our players keep getting pinged for nothing issues where the opposition player doesn't even get injured, but that is another story.

If I'm a prop forward, or even a small forward, and I'm facing Tino, I'm going to raise my arms going into the tackle to protect myself from a broken jaw. If he collects them and gets a HIA, there shouldn't be a problem, he's done it twice with no sanction.