News The Mole: Bulldogs facing 'agonising' call on young duo Jake Averillo and Paul Alamoti

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Apparently Perham was there because he talks at the back in defence right? Well, he wont be fullback next year, so…… BYE!

I’d try to keep both. Alomati is a future 13.
I heard this was the reason he was picked at fullback as well.

Let me say this our defence is worse this year than it's has been in the previous seasons. So he might talk a lot but is it productive talk .

Last edited:

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
What's the point of posting this? It's nothing new, it's not even an article and we could easily re-sign both..
Exactly right.
We could easily sign them both.
It all comes down to how much of our cap space we are willing to use on either or both of them.
And how much either of them want to stay with us.
If they get offered more elsewhere, then that's the salary cap doing its job.

Unfortunately can't keep everyone.
As long as we keep the players we need at the right price.

I trust Gus to get that balance right
If you can't trust Gus to get that right, then who can you trust,

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have heard Gus told Avo after the game on Sunday that he’s not worth the 400k his manager is chasing. Whether that’s to put a rocket up him or not who knows.
If we can't or are not interested in paying our strike player what would be the average salary for a first grade player, we should hand in our licence right now and let the North Sydney Bears have a go.

Seriously.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Gus has a history of letting players test the market only to find out there value and then counter offer.
Exactly, good business tactic, find out how much your opposition is willing to pay and how long a contract they are offering before you make an offer. Then you know how much and for how long you are competing against and if you even want to compete.

Always a Bulldog

daisy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
avo yeah sure he has ability but week in week out he does very little in a game unfortunately Alamoti is too slow xerri will be the first centre picked next year he won’t be playing reserve grade

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think Alamoti’s severe lack of speed in the modern game might cost him more over others who posess some type of power and some speed. I still think we should and can keep both for another year
I honestly think Wilson, Xerri, Mazzone and Clarke can do Averillos job and then some. Safe to say Averillos slapping at shoulders action will be his catalyst.

Considering Alamoti is a special talent holding onto him until he reaches a mature age is more of an investment opportunity.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I honestly think Wilson, Xerri, Mazzone and Clarke can do Averillos job and then some. Safe to say Averillos slapping at shoulders action will be his catalyst.

Considering Alamoti is a special talent holding onto him until he reaches a mature age is more of an investment opportunity.
Eli Clarke and Mazzone can do Averillo’s job lmfao

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus has a history of letting players test the market only to find out there value and then counter offer.
Yep , exactly what he done at Penrith , remember him always saying I never under pay players.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
For the "Burton is not a half" (5/8th/Half) & "Burton is just a Centre" pack of dullards (you know who you are)...
Do you remember how good the "much maligned" Moses & Hunt were at a similar age? Yeah, thought not.

Burton is developing. I am liking the improvement. Are most of us impatient for immediate success? Sure. It's been far, FAR too long at the bottom.

In a year or two we have our very own, but improved version (our one can play centre if needed :P) of Nico Hynes.

He won't be playing Centre for the Dogs; and if Nico gets selected for NSW and doesn't spill his lollies, he will be his long-term Origin partner at 5/8th.
Why do you and your ilk take him being a centre as an insult? He is a Dally M winning, premiership winning, NSW and Australia rep playing CENTRE.

ATM he is a centre learning to become a 5/8th in the halfback position. From day one I never called him shit or never said he won't be a 5/8th. He has the potential to be an elite running 5/8th but that will never happen without an established HB who does his job.

He has a long way to go to be a 5/8th. What shits me the most is that we see glimpses of his lethal running game but not enough of it. Plus he didn't start running until he moved to HB.

Find a nrl level HB and then he will improve massively and become the 5/8th we need. Doesn't even need to be an elite HB, just a bloke who can do the job and do it well.

PS only time I'd want him centre's for us is if we somehow end up with 2 heavy duty halves, so basically how he was played at Penrith.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I was amazed they made it a news story tbh. How often do clubs have to decide who to keep or move on amongst juniors? Anything bulldogs seems to be news. Not sure if we should be insulted or happy about it.

CCC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
"The Bulldogs have reportedly given both Paul Alamoti and Jake Averillo permission to test the open market is a shock move."

- let's be honest, the Bulldogs don't have to give anyone in their last year of their contract permission to seek employment the following year... :tearsofjoy: Do they even think about the stories they make up or write rubbish without thinking

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Eli Clarke and Mazzone can do Averillo’s job lmfao
In the future as a speedster u nit wit.. you know what my bad I forgot I was speaking to a feeble minded 3 pubed tween who doesn't understand the concept of thinking outside the box or looking into the context of a statement.. I should have typed s l o w e r.

Last edited:

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have heard Gus told Avo after the game on Sunday that he’s not worth the 400k his manager is chasing. Whether that’s to put a rocket up him or not who knows.
I predict Averillo will get snapped up by the Storm. He’s sprung to life this year. Look at Nick Meaney, doing really well at the Storm and also Remis Smith. They will turn him into a star with pace to burn. A shame the Dogs don’t keep him, but the Club is showing their hand by telling them to explore their worth. Averillo will gets offers.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So are we over cap or something how come we got to let averillo or almonti go i thought we had heaps of money
I know nothing about the cap situation, but they might be making room for others perhaps even Hunt and Hass.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
In the future as a speedster u nit wit.. you know what my bad I forgot I was speaking to a feeble minded 3 pubed tween who doesn't understand the concept of thinking outside the box or looking into the context of a statement.. I should have typed s l o w e r.
I’ve actually got 5 pubes so suck my clean nuts boiii