Opinion Rd 15 V Parramatta

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cat 1 is automatic 11 days. Cat 2 isn't but has to pass additional tests during week
Not correct. Cat 2 is also mandatory 11 days, however Cat 2’s are able to be appealed.

“Only Category 2 head injuries are eligible for appeal of the 11-day stand down.

To be eligible for review, a player must have suffered less than five concussions throughout their career and none in the last three months. They must also have not previously experienced a prolonged recovery from a head knock.”

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Shhhh, you'll be hated because you're not on your knees in front of Burton...

Blame whoever you want but Burton should be learning his trade as a 5/8th with a true HB next to him.

I'm not saying drop him or move him, just saying the experiment won't work without all the moving parts required.

This is a dead end year so play the dead end option of flamingo next to him so KO and Rajab don't ruin their development
Definitely Burton can’t do it all on his own. We need both a good 6 and a good 7.

I don’t think Burton is a 7. Like you said, with him at 6 and if he had a top notch 7 next to him, he would be way better placed to give us the standard and consistency we need.

Also, there is just too much shuffling with our 6 and 7 - we have tried multiple combinations already this season. In the absence of injury, the teams up the top just run out the same 6 and 7 week in and week out.

It was also difficult to watch Jack Cogger last night put in a performance better than any 7 at our club has done. Not so much because I wanted us to keep Cogger but because he is Penrith’s 2nd or 3rd choice 7 and he looked better than our first choice

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Nothing worse than false hope.

I confess to having hope going into this season - stupid of me.

At full time after yesterday’s crucial loss, I felt extremely pi**ed off - no joy In watching that. Same old story. Our season is very, very close to cooked and because we let winnable games like the ones against Warriors (first meeting), Canberra and Rorters yesterday slip away, it means we will have to beat teams like Sharks, Brisbane, Penrith etc. Just can’t see it happening.
I have the usual lost hope that I have with the Dogs with the added lost hope of the sport now too.

It no longer matters if you're the better team on the day, I've never seen such one-sided refereeing in all my time. It can longer even be called 50/50 calls. I'm seeing multiple 100/0 calls in most matches across the weekend and at times being supported by multiple replays only to be still called wrong.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What's the point of whining about flanno? No matter who we play, we will never get a 50/50 call, the opposition will get away with murder and we will cop dodgy decisions that will cost us the game.
You whinge about the refs every week!
Whats the point of whinging when you cant change it..Lol

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuck what the doubters think, I just don't want his development to be stifled in this "FG" team.
He has been in the system for a few years if his form in reggies warrants it let him have the opportunity. Because the team is a write off shouldn’t be a reason to hold these guys back if they are good enough.
No doubt he would much rather achieve a life long goal and get a run in first grade than spend the rest of the year in reserves. Also keeping him down opens the door for other clubs to pinch him if he believes he isn’t being rewarded for performance.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
It really is frustrating when its the continuous defensive lapses often seen from Baz signings and the usual shitters who aren’t long term players for us. JAC is so annoyingly dumb at times, often tries to play the ref into our hands way too much rather than be complacent and deal with it himself.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
He has been in the system for a few years if his form in reggies warrants it let him have the opportunity. Because the team is a write off shouldn’t be a reason to hold these guys back if they are good enough.
No doubt he would much rather achieve a life long goal and get a run in first grade than spend the rest of the year in reserves. Also keeping him down opens the door for other clubs to pinch him if he believes he isn’t being rewarded for performance.
I'm a fan of his and he is a solid little Bulldog.

I mentioned before he, KO and Papa were building a lethal combo in reserves.

Would love to see them all together in FG one day but we would still need a HB and a decent pack before that happens.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I watched the NSW Cup match and the team did very well, actually looked good all round in the 2nd half, was nice to watch.
Did you notice we were rubbish in the first half but when Papa stepped up and took control in the second half we killed it.

Even flamingo started to play decent.

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
I have the usual lost hope that I have with the Dogs with the added lost hope of the sport now too.

It no longer matters if you're the better team on the day, I've never seen such one-sided refereeing in all my time. It can longer even be called 50/50 calls. I'm seeing multiple 100/0 calls in most matches across the weekend and at times being supported by multiple replays only to be still called wrong.
Yeah I agree and the biased and incompetent refereeing is killing the game off.

I know a bunch of people who don't bother with it anymore.

I used to watch most games across a weekend but I couldn't be bothered these days. Pretty much every game has incompetent refereeing invariably with a number of calls which are completely unfathomable.

It's quite an irony that they have introduced new rules supposedly to make the game better but the effect in reality is in fact the opposite. Things like the 6 again rule and the hip drop tackle rule are an absolute blight in the game.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Yeah I agree and the biased and incompetent refereeing is killing the game off.

I know a bunch of people who don't bother with it anymore.

I used to watch most games across a weekend but I couldn't be bothered these days. Pretty much every game has incompetent refereeing invariably with a number of calls which are completely unfathomable.

It's quite an irony that they have introduced new rules supposedly to make the game better but the effect in reality is in fact the opposite. Things like the 6 again rule and the hip drop tackle rule are an absolute blight in the game.
Most professional sports create new rules to get rid of grey areas, these dumb fucks create rules to increase grey areas.

Grey areas aid result manipulation.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Get Papali’i into the team to replace Perham. If Perham is playing that out the back link man then let Papali’i play the role. Better hands, better effective footwork.

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Most professional sports create new rules to get rid of grey areas, these dumb fucks create rules to increase grey areas.

Grey areas aid result manipulation.
Absolutely.

Grey areas all over the place.

Hate the 6 again with a passion.

Going out to the games and suddenly it's another 6 again. You look around at everyone and nobody knows what the f**ked it was for.

Like you said, it very much introduces the ability to manipulate games. The 6 agains are a killer. It's like the referee decides its time for a team (who is not us) to score. Just hammers away with repeated 6 agains. Teams just can't defend 12 or 18 tackles etc withput a break.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
More like I feel bad for Burton. He'll still get blamed even if he has two try assists and almost everyone else plays like shit
Burton COULD be at the same level as Munster, Wanker and Luai (yuck) with a HB next to him, as they do.

I'm harsh on him, I can't deny that. My main beef is that he is damaging when he runs but doesn't use it. He didn't even start running until he moved to HB.

He needs improvement in all aspects of the position, he still takes the wrong options resorts to a flukey bomb that gets a try once out of 20 attempts. I never said to drop him or even move him to centres (as we have the worst spine in the league). But he won't reach his potential with the team we have now.

Maybe I should be harsh on the ones who signed him to become a 5/8th without having a HB next to him to help develop.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Burton COULD be at the same level as Munster, Wanker and Luai (yuck) with a HB next to him, as they do.

I'm harsh on him, I can't deny that. My main beef is that he is damaging when he runs but doesn't use it. He didn't even start running until he moved to HB.

He needs improvement in all aspects of the position, he still takes the wrong options resorts to a flukey bomb that gets a try once out of 20 attempts. I never said to drop him or even move him to centres (as we have the worst spine in the league). But he won't reach his potential with the team we have now.

Maybe I should be harsh on the ones who signed him to become a 5/8th without having a HB next to him to help develop.
Yeah I think he or anyone else in his situation is expected to do way too much without much help. I agree with certain criticisms about his lack of a passing game and over reliance on bombs instead of varied kicks.

But we won't see the best of him or any other dominant half while our pack is so weak and our fullback and second half option offer nothing in attack.

If Rajab plays in the halves he at least can dig into the line and create space for others so we could finally see a more balanced halves combo if Oloapu gets benched.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Yeah I think he or anyone else in his situation is expected to do way too much without much help from anyone else. I agree with certain criticisms about his lack of a passing game and over reliance on bombs instead of varied kicks.

But we won't see the best of him or any other dominant half while our pack is so weak and our fullback and second half option offer nothing in attack.
Which is why we need Hunt and 2-3 middles asap

Actually, we don't even need an elite HB. Just someone who does his job well. Hopefully Critta is our rockstar FB which can only help him more.

I'm not burtons biggest fan but I'd rather have him in our team than not.