Next years centres

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Avo is the 2nd highest try scoring Centre in the NRL this year, only behind Campbell Graham. Really doesn't matter what vendetta fans might have against him. If he keeps it up, we'll be looking to keep him.
I think he's silenced alot of the justified criticism...and well done to him. When pushed into a corner, its up to you to fight your way out.

Eesma

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think he's silenced alot of the justified criticism...and well done to him. When pushed into a corner, its up to you to fight your way out.
I'll be the first to admit I was critical of him in recent years. Just goes to show was a good coach and some consistency can do for players. He's only 22, too, so the sky's the limit if he continues improving.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Avo is the 2nd highest try scoring Centre in the NRL this year, only behind Campbell Graham. Really doesn't matter what vendetta fans might have against him. If he keeps it up, we'll be looking to keep him.
Scoring some flukey tries doesn't make him a good centre, his average defense has conceded way more tries than he has scored. Campbell Graham can defend and runs the ball straight and hard, no comparison there

Last edited:

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scoring some flukey tries doesn't make him a good centre, his average defense has conceded way more tries than he has scored. Campbell Graham can defend and runs the ball straight and hard, no comparison there
Averillo can’t defend

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
They aren’t fluke tries, Ciraldo has stated in his press conferences the plan is to get him early ball in space.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Fluke tries LOL. Just give up

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fluke tries LOL. Just give up
Lol, look at them though, he is such a cat, he jumped out of the way of Preston, who was coming to celebrate his most recent flukey try . . .from here onwards, i shall refer to him as Felix

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All he has is speed. Aside from that, dogmatic is right, it’s fluke tries.

under_Dogz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
All elite centres display aggression of some level. Averillo shows zero and his opposing players know this and take full advantage of it. I think he’s easily intimidated when roughed up so to speak. This takes away his confidence and obviously effects his performance. No doubt he has a lot of ability as shown this year. In my opinion he’s just too soft to be an out and out gun centre.

PaxMaxi1980

Kennel Established
Reaction score
They aren’t fluke tries, Ciraldo has stated in his press conferences the plan is to get him early ball in space.
With the credit going firstly to the players who put him in space. I like Avo though, he is turning into a solid first grader and is very quick.